Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

I use fairly high rof guns....

But to hit someone 30 times in a sec is about as sporting as camping a base waiting for people to just walk back into a game and open up on them.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I still subscribe to the slower firing but much longer burst for support gunning over ROF. I may have a 2500 round box mag but I don't need to be reloading it all day.

So I stick to a 9.6v to improve it just enough and stick to the longer burst as I've found that more effective in suppressing than ROF at the sites I play. A short burst of 20bb's keeps someone's head down for a second or two, if you can pull that trigger and keep shooting for 20-30 seconds while your team moves in, all the better

Whatever floats your boat though I suppose!

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
        I use fairly high rof guns....

But to hit someone 30 times in a sec is about as sporting as camping a base waiting for people to just walk back into a game and open up on them.
        Well said.

Comment

+1 on that, Camping is one instance when high ROF is handy as you supress those advancing on your respawn.

End of the day, the game is about fun and not being able to leave your respawn due to opposition camping is not, its just poor sportsmanship. Respawns are generally out of the way to avoid such tactical respawns and neccessity to camp!
          Born To Lose, Live To Win !!! | Take What You Can, Give Nothing Back

Wanted: TM M4 Gearbox & EG1000 Motor

Comment

i use a bolt action,
            but id rather have the power over rof
            its all down to your preference
            altho i do refuse to sit in a bush all day, and i use a reflex on it lol

Comment

Intimidation.

And because you can.

Comment

each to there own =]

Comment

Who's moaning? :-)

Comment

I never complain unless those 30 rounds hit my balls
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                      I never complain unless those 30 rounds hit my balls
                      Now that is a good reason to complain!

Comment

I think its because if your aiming and shooting at a target running to the left or right then there is a less chance that the target get hit by the burst of BB´s with a slow rate of fire, then with a higher one where the BB´s are fired right after each other and in one straight line, so it doesn´t creat big gaps that the target can run between when, you are moving your gun to the sides while fireing and aiming at the target.

Comment

id say because even with a non steady hand on auto you should be hitting approx 2ft square target as as above more chance of getting your hit

Comment

I'm another with a massively high ROF purely for the trigger response on semi.
                            It's all well and good saying "MOSFET", but even so tuning the other components does still improve the trigger response. I have a Deans'd, carefully worked gearbox with a mosfet running on a 35C 3600mAh 11.1v LiPo and the trigger response is instant, it's a beautiful thing.

Also, as people have mentioned, there's a tendency in some players to ignore single hits. On several occasions I've had the same thing, for one example a friend and I in opposite doorways of a corridor firing single shots at a guy down the hall from us, both of us saying "I'm sure I've hit him", I knocked it onto Auto gave a quick squeeze of the trigger and off, no sustained pull, that's about 3 shots with that gun and immediately "Hit!" on exactly the same shot our semi was getting no joy with...

Comment

Wow... necro posts! :-p

But but... if you can't hit them then learn to shoot, don't spray! :'-(

;-)

I am a firm believer that semi is much better! And I sympathise with what you're saying Kaladyr about getting the snappiest trigger response possible - that's something I'm pursuing while doing minimal modification to the gun (i.e. keep everything working super slick and well-serviced with a 9.6V battery - good enough for me!).

Anyways... :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladyr View Post
                                I'm another with a massively high ROF purely for the trigger response on semi.
                                It's all well and good saying "MOSFET", but even so tuning the other components does still improve the trigger response. I have a Deans'd, carefully worked gearbox with a mosfet running on a 35C 3600mAh 11.1v LiPo and the trigger response is instant, it's a beautiful thing.
                                What motor are you using?
                                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X