This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reload procedure

I guess this is a sort of 'tactic' (but please move it if it's in the wrong place!) that I've been thinking about lately.

What's your reload procedure?

Quite a few people I asked about this all have conflicting opinions on the best way to reload, with a different technique depending on the situation. What I'm wondering, is how do you reload in certain situations and why? What benefit(s) do you receive from this technique?

Ie, if I've just finished an encounter and I'm in a 'safe' location, I'll drop my weapon, remove the mag, stick it in a dump pouch, grab another mag out of my kit and load it; conversely, if I'm under fire, I'll try and have the next mag out and next to the magwell before ejecting the first, loading the second, then dumping the first (either in a pouch or on the floor for later).

What're your preferences and why?
    Trader feedback thread

Re: Reload procedure

depends, normal for me to to have someone cover wile i take the mag out put a fresh one in then then put the empty one in a dump bag or leg pocket

when im defending someplace i'll take a few fresh mags an place them on the floor near me to speed up my changes
    custom K98/TM MK23/CA M203/KJW M9 for sale /swap for a CA M15A1
    my rating
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15238

Comment

If Im defending Ill stack up the mags ready for a quick change... otherwise its dump the empty mag in a thigh pocket and slot another one in from the PLCE belt kit. Will sometimes tape the mags together for even quicker reloads

Comment

After a fight I usually top up my high cap. Not very hardcore, I know

Comment

i have an m4 so reloading is easy

remove the mag, drop it in the dump pouch, take out a fresh mag and insert to the m4.

it takes about 12 seconds! but i use mid caps so im always changing

Comment

with hicaps its not a huge ordeal reloading with a low cap i would carry one in my other hand as i borrowed a mates mp5 i used his low caps and at one point i had a spare held in my teeth!

handy!!

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
              i have an m4 so reloading is easy

remove the mag, drop it in the dump pouch, take out a fresh mag and insert to the m4.

it takes about 12 seconds! but i use mid caps so im always changing
              12 seconds?!

That's abit of an age ain't it?

Comment

Was going to say.. takes me between 2 and 4 seconds to reload my MP5 depending on circumstances etc...
                Hoping you meant '1-2 seconds' as that'd make more sense :P
                Trader feedback thread

Comment

no not 1-2 seconds thats to fast
                  hold on ill time it
                  lol........................................ 4 seconds:D

Comment

You going to Lynsey on monday mate? We could have a load off...

Comment

lol nar mat ecant make it unfortunatly

Comment

Originally posted by Weeble View Post
                        I'll drop my weapon,
                        Try doing a mag change without taking your shooting hand off the weapon, its not that hard to do.

Comment

well i think if you need to be quick i think this guy knows how, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp1Kzw4jHns&NR=1

i saw some faster ones out there but this guy gets the rounds down and actually aims, and im sure some airsofters can go quicker with out the need to release the bolt like RS.

oh an my prodecure, take out mag, bit open mag catch pour bbs in.....i am skint and only just about managed to afford my G&G m14 so i dnt hv the money for more mags right now

paul

Comment

What's all this dump pouch crap? - sling the empty mag down yer smock in time-honoured fashion! :D

Comment

totally aggreed with panoptes about the dump pouch crap!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Weeble Find out more about Weeble
                              Working...
                              X