X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• migwar
    replied
    Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

I guess there is the argument of form over function. Airsoft attracts some geardos who like the shiny stuff. Some just like the game and would rather not carry an extra Kilo on top of the rifle.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but the AICS was ported over from AIAW so M700 users could take advantage of its aluminium chassis

Leave a comment:

• dippy666
    replied

But with out any form a sight on the weapon you just look like a Muppet!
    As for New Players i have nothing against them i always try to point them in the way of RIS band getting use to how airsoft pays then look at the sniper role. I been in the army for 11 years now and doing airsoft for about 6 years and i always find myself pretty much teaching new guys basic Tic Tac's (Army joke) and i'm more than happy to help.

Another thing which make m laugh is judging distance!! I was playing a few weeks ago in a woodland game and the enemy where on the attack, i had just come back from respawning and there was a guy a few trees in front i asked him where the enemy where, he said 10 meters! S**T that means there n top of use i'm shouting where! where! It turns out that 10 meters to this guy was about 50 meters to the rest of us lol so so funny. He was educated soon after!

Leave a comment:

• Rogue9
    replied

I agree with everyone about how annoying "new" airsoft snipers can be. BUT everyone has to start somewhere (when i started i know i was useless, but i kept out of people's ways. I was essentially just cannon fodder to start). When these people that are useless play a few times, 99% of them will despise it and sell their rifle and buy something fully automatic.

I dont think there is anyone out there that can watch Enemy at the Gates or Shooter, without thinking "i need to invest in a sniper rifle" at SOME point in their lives.

And anyways, these "crappy" snipers are just extra kills to notch up, surely?! Just make sure you don't underestimate the good ones! XD

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
    I realised that there were no sights of any kind on his rifle, how completely ridiculous. *facepalm*
    Do you mean sights or scope?! If no sights, then yeah I agree its a bit useless, if you mean scope, read on :P

Its airsoft: Snipers fire (speaking on practical terms) up to about 70m in open space or 40m in woodland/urban. I would be more than happy to play without sights. If i can hit a rabbit's head at 40m with an air rifle, i can hit a body with an airsoft rifle :P

I heard (don't quote me word for word) that the British L96 was originally designed by an olympic marksman (forgot his name) as the Remington 700 Accuracy International Systems (In airsoft terms M700 AICS - Tanaka). I had one of these once... and they were a hell of a lot easier to aim open-sighted than a vsr! haha.

Leave a comment:

• MilataryMupet
    replied

oops lol

Leave a comment:

• GhostDivisionAirsoft
    replied

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
    but it will raped in rifle wrap
    O_O

Leave a comment:

• MilataryMupet
    replied

i don't mind "snipers" i think they can be useful but its annoying when a kid comes along with a bright green one then says go away your blowing my cover
    i am just taking the plunge and yes i have a bright green one but it will raped in rifle wrap so people wont see bright green when looking at me
    im going to start of by getting use to my rifle and how it shoots then decide how close/ further away i need to be before i take the shot then distinguish which targets would be more beneficial for the team if i took them out.
    and im starting of will low fps until i get better at judging engagement distances.

at the end of the day your not a sniper because you have a boltey its down to you not the gun if the gun isn't up to standards adjust you style of play to suit it

if "snipers" play like this i have nothing against them
    well i don't anyway its there money and at the end off the day its just a game win or loose.

MM
    Last edited by MilataryMupet; 13 April, 2011, 20:17. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• dippy666
    replied

It's all about team work if you have a team that work together then you've won however if you get a team who don't and wonder off doing there own thing then it's a fail! thats with or with out snipers. But if you have a good team plus good snipers and lots of communication then no one will stop you.

Leave a comment:

• callumt29
    replied

Snipers in a team are brillaint. They break moral and cause the enemy to keep their heads down, giving people with aeg's the chance to get into an effective position against the enemy.

Leave a comment:

• dippy666
    replied

the best sniping i saw for a long time was the other week my mate was pinned in a bunker by one guy, i flanked got the that guy joined him in the bunker to work out what to do next and some near use shouted sniper and i got a BB in the Neck hurt like hell but a good shot didn't even see where it came from.

Leave a comment:

• Ajhayter
    replied

Very interested in trying the sniping role in the future.

Got a G36C at 260fps at the moment, so I'm going to up that to 320ish to get a good all-round CQB/Woodland gun. I'd really like to pick up a second hand VSR in a few months and try it out.

Only problem is the local site to me is limited to 400fps bolt, 350 auto, so I'm not sure if I can get as much use out of it (although I appreciate that FPS comes secondary to consistent accuracy). Still, might get it and travel a bit to see what it's like in a 500fps scenario.

I think I have the patience for it. I looped around the enemy and took 20 mins to cover 50 meters last weekend to get close enough to get their "commander" with my g36c. Took ages as I had to take it low and slow, and they kept turning around.

Leave a comment:

• CHIFF_MoA
    replied

At GZ Weekender last year I was shot point blank by a kid with a Warrior L96, so at a guess 450fps. He had stacked up behind me on a piece of cover while I was surveying an intersection near the village. All of a sudden he leant out from behind me and fired a shot (at nothing)... it hit me in the side. Adrenaline and pain led to me saying some things to the kid that I'm not too proud of (he cant have been much older than 13-14), but as I calmed down I realised that there were no sights of any kind on his rifle, how completely ridiculous. *facepalm*

Leave a comment:

• Airsoft_Rob
    replied

I love sniping with my L96 as it is so powerful and it helps the rest of the team.

Leave a comment:

• dippy666
    replied

I have been playing for a while now and it makes me laugh when you see the's noobs with Snipers and they aint got a clue. running all over the place wearing bright colours. If you going to be a sniper then you must learn patients. Snipping is not about Massive kill ration it's taking the Key shots. Like one game i played we had medics, If the medic was shot half the team had to respawn, So we targeted the medic and we smashed them. The funniest thing i ever saw was a very young lad all the gear no idea had a L96 With out sights!
    I think snipers should have a higher FPS and a minimum engagement distance of about 20 meters. Snipers are great when you have some one who knows what there doing

Leave a comment:

• St3a1th14
    replied

I have quite a strong opinion when it comes to snipers. Basicly do it right or dont do it at all. As said above, it drives me mad when kids start getting into sniping with some VSR that cant fire further than my M14. Which takes the whole point out of it and those players become a burden to the team.

However on the up side, when you have a sniper who is willing to do reconnaissance and take out the players that matter on the other team, then i respect them very much. I have only seen a very small handful that actually do their job but when I mean do their job, they were brilliant at it and turned some of the games around.

Im looking into getting a gas sniper, tuning it to around 500 fps and taking it. Along side my marui mp5 because I know and understand how much of a piss take it is when you have the drop on one of those kids, you shoot them, they panic swing round and shoot you in the cheek. Yes at a few meters it bloody hurts!!!! So im going to take the mp5 as a back up and side arm, bring a radio head set linked to my other team members to give them detail information on the game. And hopefully it will all work out, I'm looking at getting a Tanaka M700 police version.

What do you guys think for that for load out/game play?

Leave a comment:

• Wolfgeorge
    replied

Ha ha same here with the Tanaka!! It's the most advertised sniper rifle and I put on it a load of cash and still is mediocre gun!! Mine doesn't leak but it's very inconsistent but it's powerful and silent! I've done to it a hell of DIY mods to be able to fire!! So....
    Back to RS SVD and Asahi WA2000!

George

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
Working...
X