Sniping Pair - Spotter and Shooter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniping Pair - Spotter and Shooter.

i have tried this once before. it did not work out too well as a pair .as if the enamy see two people they open up but if they think they saw one person they will hesitate . however saying that with my sniper i went in to the tower of one of my local sites and they was about 6 people up there. there was one covering the stairs and about 3 covering the ramp at the back and the rest was sniping /shooting . there was a nice mix of guns ( snipers ,AEGS) and if we ran out of ammo in our gun we just simply asked the person next to us if we could use their gun and we would be off shooting again . and if there was no one shooting they would reload the empty guns .

i guess what im saying is it veries on the situation on the ground to how the sniper/ spotter pairing works or fails

Comment

You need to speak to Kilo and Rodders (GZ Players) about how this works (mind you not sure if they are on hear) as they go out as a sniper team both sniping and providing cover for each other.

Generally they keep a good 30M apart so they are able to cover each other and it seems to work very well for them.
      Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
      Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
      Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

I have tried this twice now but my spotter ends up getting stuck in and eventually getting shot leaving my flanks open

Comment

Pairs is great because the spotter can check for a sniper spot to see if it's clear and take out any oppositon and then the Sniper can start shooting. The spotter can be used to judge distances, wind speed etc. while the Sniper sets his shot up and gets ready to fire. Also, if you don't have a decent side arm, a buddy with an AEG is awesome help. Being alone as a Sniper can be quite dull sometimes too.
          Originally posted by psirus101
          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

My team has it's own recon section which involves a sniper and a spotter. The sniper has his sniper rifle and the spotter has an assault rifle. Means somebody is about to protect the sniper if someone gets close unseen. Also works better in milsim game swith medic rules. Lone player sbecome very vulnerable. Also means you can usually get hold of one of them on comms quite easily.
            It's worked out quite well so far
            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
            I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

How far do you wanna take it..thats the question....

More often than not, if you move around and get involved in objectives, talking GZ here, youll meet up with other snipers and coordinate with them, by radio, shouting, Y M C A movements whatever

Comment

It's something new for us, however my friend has been a sniper before. We don't have radio's so it'll be hand signals and talking.
                sigpic

Comment

Me and my mate tried this and it worked well, but we had radio comms so we could spread over a larger area so we could use the environment to our advantage, the sniper would bunk down behind cover and shoot whilst the spotter move and clears the area so the sniper can move up, but the spotter an sniper must always stay in view of each other, otherwise if one gets compromised there is now way for the over to cover.

communication is the key! no communication will cause the system to fail!

in a deffensive role its easier as you can both bunk down and cover eachothers blinde side, in theory it is a good system if you get it done right, and the keys to it are
                  -Good communications
                  -Patience
                  - and Stealth!
                  NEEDED L96 Mag Release, 40rnd Mags, and Bi-pod adapter

Comment

Not sure if this counts as a sniper spotter pair, but it's always worked quite well for me-

2 guys, one with a sniper, one with an AEG. The guy with the AEG has to have some pretty good camo.

Anyway, the sniper takes up a good but bloody obvious sniping position. Like a window in a tall-ish building, or the ridge of a hill. Must have a good escape route. "Spotter" digs in 20m or so ahead of the sniper. Keeps his head down and stays invisible. Enemy move into range of sniper, who drops one once he can then just pot shots. He should focus on "clumping" the enemy (shouldn't be too hard, as if a good sniping position was chosen, there won't be too much suitable cover for the enemy) Enemy decide to take him out, so move up. Sniper waits till they're about 30-40m away (depending on how good his cover is), then legs it or moves so he can't be hit. Note that the enemy are now only 10-20m away from the spotter. Sniper pops up quickly to draw enemy fire. While enemy are busy spraying at him, spotter drops them.

Used this 8 times - worked a charm 6 times, once the spotter got spotted (how ironic), and once there were just too many of them - spotter got a good 5, but then got dropped.

Comment

it don't work wit teh bb's.

Comment

I normally work as part of a pair, its worked great for me so far. My spotter uses an upgraded ak and i use a full performance upgraded l96. The spotter normal stays 15 yards ahead of me and picks my shots for me while i watch my our back.

Seems to work really well for us, we dont take many hits during a day

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post

I was literally leaning against trees shooting anyone who popped their heads up. There was a team to my rear, and my well hidden mate watched my left and back flank. Needless to say, I was gonna get flanked by some sneaky bugger.

My mate shot him right in the chest when he was 20m away from me, and 40 from him. Gave the sneaky bugger one hell of a shock!
                          I didn't like that shot. not one bit ;-)
                          Last edited by Sabbath; 5 April, 2011, 15:17. Reason: Quote trimmed down
                          www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Myself and my sniper are going to give this a further trial, normally we keep on full com's and keep a good traffic of fire in Tango's direction and get alot of covering fire if we cannot stand because of oppressive fire on our position.

Anyone know of somewhere good to get a head and shoulder ghillie set up?

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Originally posted by Shinotama View Post
                              Anyone know of somewhere good to get a head and shoulder ghillie set up?
                              UK Sniper systems head and shoulder recon ghillie's are really nice, well I think so any ways...
                              Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
                              The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

Me and my friend did once do a double-team sniper thing, but we both had guns, so there wasn't really a 'spotter'. We basically lay down, camoflauged, before pinning down 4-5 players attempting to advance, for the simple reason that they couldn't see us, and any head poking out from behind cover would have a BB sent at it. Eventually they gave up and went to rejoin their main force!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BraveMau5 Most people call me Woody and anything that goes fast interests me. Find out more about BraveMau5
                                Working...
                                X