Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniping Pair - Spotter and Shooter.

Originally posted by ZX12R A1 View Post
    You need to speak to Kilo and Rodders (GZ Players) about how this works (mind you not sure if they are on hear) as they go out as a sniper team both sniping and providing cover for each other.

Generally they keep a good 30M apart so they are able to cover each other and it seems to work very well for them.
    ...And we thank you for your kind words sir. And for reaveling trade secrets - I kill you!infidel.

Yes Rodders and I do often work as a two man team. We have built up a good understanding of each others techniques and a high level of communication between us to the point of knowing where the other is without needing to check, which target has priority, when not to take a shot and go to ground.
    We take different combinations of weapons out with us to match the game plan and site being used. This can be two sniper rifles, one aeg and a rifle. We have even 'sniped' at close ranges using two aeg's on single shot at under 350fps as it was worked that day for that senario. Spotting is not just range finding and correction of shot etc - its about being an oppo to your partner.
    To emphasize this - even if one of us is compromised or killed the other goes to ground and the targeted one relocates/trapes off to the dead zone. Even after a period of seperation in a fast paced game without radios or observing radio silence we can regroup to either a pre-determined RV or better still - stalk into the target area to rejoin each other whitout having to find each other as we know where we'll be thro partnership and pratice.

Whether you use ghillies, sniper rifles, comms etc is not importantant.
    What is is if your going to work as a team you have to work bloody hard together to learn how each other works and thinks. I know where Rod' will be depending on circumstances and role without having to ask.

Pratice together lots. go out without weapons and work on concealment, then when you have the patience to stalk or hide and have spent time observing each other to spot and eliminate mistakes, then worry more about spotting.
    Kilo Veni, Kilo Vedi, Kilo Castratavi Illegitimos
    Kilo came, Kilo saw, Kilo castrated the b@stards.

Bolt actions speak louder than words.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BraveMau5 Most people call me Woody and anything that goes fast interests me. Find out more about BraveMau5
    Working...
    X