Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contact Drills In An Ambush

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    ...the Paras are also very proud of their red lid...
    Red? RED?!!!!! :eek:

Comment

Sorry my bad, Maroon lid, Why oh why did I put possibly the most offensive material ever in my post. Red caps, I mean WTF was I thinking when I typed, oh yeah it was the beer haze. Doh!
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        Red? RED?!!!!! :eek:
        God, everyone knows it's pink really!
        Last edited by Millzy; 1 December, 2009, 11:52. Reason: spelling
        Originally posted by The Laughing Man
        Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Heheh, it's not so coveted anyway these days as everyone in the brigade gets it, Para trained or not.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8inmadkid View Post
            Yeah, I watched Andy McNabs ambush tactics, about the killing ground, cut of zone etc. And how no-one should come out alive of a good ambush.
            This is true, as a good ambush will outnumber the enemy.

Although charging through the lines of the ambushers is the only real tactic that is likely to stand a chance. You have to remember, This is airsoft and therefore, unless it is a mil-sim game, no tactics will ever work. Including advancing to contact drills etc.

The reason is quite simply hi-cap mags. They turn the humble MP5 into a support gun.

So for airsoft normal games, I would simply find the nearest cover and return fire, or bug out and try to flank them.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

quite an interesting thread this.

i joined the uni OTC in glasgow (army prob isnt for me as I'm not hardcore enough) it was a great laugh and i got a lot out of it. - we had a few characters there though - one lad was off to do P company and he was a bit ...well thick tbh. our SSM was also a commando - possibly the biggest man i have ever met lol. bastard threw a bottle of piss at me on an exercise because i threw a water balloon at him :D lol. (best week ever - fibua training at catterick!!)

however - military training is in my opinion not that useful in airsoft because the scenario is essentially different as you aren't facing other militarily trained people - its usually just a few young lads with an interest in guns.

so chances are you got raped by a saw - but if not then its the generic contact left/right and return fire (ok hands up here is where my training would kick in with the returning a very quick two or three un aimed shots to get their heads down so i can get into cover and start returning effective fire)

mac
              Originally posted by Coz
              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Run straight at them all guns blazing. if a whole team does this, the ambushers will never expect it and will falter giving you time to get them all

Comment

Originally posted by Tack View Post
                  The reason is quite simply hi-cap mags. They turn the humble MP5 into a support gun.
                  Its the only thing that i hate about airsoft, i wish all sites would just say Mid caps only. Hi caps for support weapons GPMG ONLY.
                  Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

Jumping Scotty, thats how we train anti ambush drills in Aus mate. Can be very effective depending on how professional the opfors setup is.

TC
                    PTW Troy, PTW MK18, VFC AKM

P226 Navy, Prime 1911, Costa M&P, PPK,Browning HP, Glock 17

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                      quite an interesting thread this.

i joined the uni OTC in glasgow (army prob isnt for me as I'm not hardcore enough) it was a great laugh and i got a lot out of it. - we had a few characters there though - one lad was off to do P company and he was a bit ...well thick tbh. our SSM was also a commando - possibly the biggest man i have ever met lol. bastard threw a bottle of piss at me on an exercise because i threw a water balloon at him :D lol. (best week ever - fibua training at catterick!!)

however - military training is in my opinion not that useful in airsoft because the scenario is essentially different as you aren't facing other militarily trained people - its usually just a few young lads with an interest in guns.

so chances are you got raped by a saw - but if not then its the generic contact left/right and return fire (ok hands up here is where my training would kick in with the returning a very quick two or three un aimed shots to get their heads down so i can get into cover and start returning effective fire)

mac
                      Facing an enemy who has little or no knowledge of military tactics or training is exactly what our boys in afghan are facing right now.
                      Ofcourse now the enemy has a bit more skill, but essentially its the same.
                      Airsoft is the same, you may have a highly trained milsim team come up against an enemy who are a bunch of kids with high caps, they will act exactly the same as an enemy in afghan would. (Except the IEDs, unless your at a good milsim site :P)

In my opinion, you come into an ambush, the enemy kicks it off by engaging you when your in their "killing field", best thing to do, is lay down some fire while your team does a tactical retreat (team of 6, 2 groups, 1 called A, one called B, A will put some fire down on the enemy, while B moves back, once B has moved back behind A, they will shout A, Prepare to move, MOVE! A will move behind B while B is now laying down fire, and this is repeated until your out of the contact).
                      From experience, in milsim, and airsoft, this is the best, or one of the best ways to get out of an ambush.

Comment

hit dirt, find cover, fire back

then start to think of how to win
                        Originally posted by Teddykiller
                        I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

I would question just how much real military drills can aid in airsoft, as usually you face a higher rate of fire from full auto on hi-caps. There is not as much penetration through bushes etc, and the engagement ranges are very close. I would suspect CQB in airsoft would replicate real world tactics more than woodland.
                          View my classifieds feedback:
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ghlight=MrPink
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34703

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy View Post
                            Jumping Scotty, thats how we train anti ambush drills in Aus mate. Can be very effective depending on how professional the opfors setup is.

TC
                            Yeah and it is the best in airsoft.

Comment

probably get shot, but seriously i would shout contact left return fire retreat to a decent firing position (if possible) then sort a counter attack an so on but it depends on what type of ambush.

Comment

Pretty much everyone has said it all. Just get down fast and keep firing to get there heads down. Always remember in an ambush most people who are laying the ambush are aiming high, so down low is the safest place. Keep the information flow between the troops and move! Do not stay in one place!

And as you have already been told...hush hush re: the cadet stuff, that goes for the other recruits and the training staff! I am sure the recruiters said all sorts of wonderfull stuff, but at basics you will cop heat from everyone for it!!

Just use your skills and look as if you have natural ability, it would be best!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sk8inmadkid Find out more about sk8inmadkid
                                Working...
                                X