Double Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double Tap

The amount of hits i get but vests prevent people feel them just p***ses me off man

Comment

Yep, aim for fleshy places where you know they're going to feel the hit :p

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

Yeah Neck :P

Comment

I usually go for the neck if your opposition isn't taking hits.

Back on subject - Almost all the time in semi-auto CQB games, in woodland (dependant on range) it's usually a small burst of fire on full auto.

Mid-caps own! hah

Comment

unless you have a REALY good mos-fet then double tap is hard to do with an AEG due to slow trigger response time. pistols however are much more like the real thing and will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.

also how has this become a thread about where to shoot people?
            Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by omgitzjamiiee View Post
              unless you have a REALY good mos-fet then double tap is hard to do with an AEG due to slow trigger response time.
              Guitarist's fingers mate! haha

EDIT: Remember that a double-tap isn't a "fire off 2 rounds as quickly as possible" technique. It's 2 well placed rounds.

Comment

Indeed, but an effective double tap is two rounds accuratley placed and fired as fast a possible =]

I usually go for a double or triple tap on the vest, where i play everyone calls thier hits so its not usually a problem with people not feeling it, although it may be something to do with me being 4-5 metres away in woodland hehe.....

Comment

or if ther not takein hits sneek up behind them set a claymor shout hay and when they turn round hit it :D

Comment

in the heat of battle i go for any part thats a viable target...and unload till they go "hit" or until i go hit...if its too close i will aim for the chest, not to be a sportsman,only because its a bigger target and when i come face to face my pistol or whatever it is im using is usually aiming at the chest...as i dont really aim down the sights, coz in cqb i dont really have the time its all happening too quick, doesnt sound too professional i know
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I Only really use this method if i can only see a small part of the opposition body, Always use it with my pistol though as it makes them fell it more instead of just 1 shot.
                      Primary Weapons - A&K SVD (With PS01)| JG MP5 SD6| G&P M16A3 With M203
                      Side Arms - TM MP7A1
                      Gear - Woodland DPM and DUC.
                      Site - CQB Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                        in the heat of battle i go for any part thats a viable target...and unload till they go "hit" or until i go hit...if its too close i will aim for the chest, not to be a sportsman,only because its a bigger target and when i come face to face my pistol or whatever it is im using is usually aiming at the chest...as i dont really aim down the sights, coz in cqb i dont really have the time its all happening too quick, doesnt sound too professional i know
                        Sounds perfectly professional to me. In the mob, we were taught to fire till the target goes down and that centre mass is the easiest target to hit.

I never aim through both the front and back sights, except when target shooting. Just bring the pistol up until the front sight is over centre mass and squeeze off 2 rounds as the weapon rises. Works for me.

OK, special forces may like their double taps to the head, but they're really hard shots to pull off. Just look at all the rounds fired at stockwell tube station, just to ensure a kill, in a situation where there was no clear shot because of all the cops around the guy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Personally I feel that double-tapping in airsoft is just for fun, as its real world purpose is to incapacitate the target quickly by making two holes in him thereby stopping him, eh... dead, not bleeding to death. In airsoft its one shot one kill, there is no recoil to overcome and if you have a box-magged aeg why double-tap when you can spray him down thereby increasing you're chances of a hit!

Comment

This is just a bit of fun tactical info for the guys that do not know. The real way to double tap is for the first round to be placed in the chest, then use the recoil action of the the weapon to place the second in the head. Hard to proform with a BB weapon, but trying is good fun!

Comment

With my pistols I only double tap in CQB/indoors as I've learnt the hard way people dont always feel the single bb thru all the layers they wear.
                              In woodland I usually just fire a single aimed shot as alot of the time I'll be using my socom and one single shot can be mistaken for a sniper so the enemy will usually look past me for where the shot has come from.
                              If I'm using a gbb its also harder to pinpoint where a single shot has come from.

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                              if you have a box-magged aeg why double-tap when you can spray him down thereby increasing you're chances of a hit!
                              I prefer to use sights and aim at my targets. I find I have a good chance of hitting my target when I do that.

Comment

3 round burst from my PTW

and with my pistol i just shoot untill i hear screaming
                                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xDeltaOne Find out more about xDeltaOne
                                Working...
                                X