Double Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double Tap

lol its funny to read this thread and spot the ones with the bad attitude - co-incidentally the one that's been banned! Hmmm, wonder why!

its all about sportsmanship and moderation. Only shoot as much as you have to, no more!
    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

blimey he got banned?

I disagreed with his earlier posts, but I thought he brought himself round a little bit after a re read.
      Originally posted by palmer234
      Swerve talks sense. I like him.
      Originally posted by Robin-Hood
      Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

i love how this thread has developed... first it starts with people saying they unload midcaps and highcaps into people just to make sure they take it blah blah blah

then slowly actually decent players start to post saying 1 or 2 rounds is all thats required which is true

at short range and cqb i expect to get lit up with a burst on full auto... the only time this gets annoying is when people continue to fire even though you've been hit 15 times put your hand up and shouted hit..

at long range theres no need for a longer burst.. wack it on semi, fire a round and see where it goes, compensate for wind/distance, and repeat... that way at range people dont know where the rounds are coming from, you conserve a lot of ammo, and you get satisfying 1 hit kills
        Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

i think there's been misunderstandings simply because we're not being clear.

sure, if anyone tells me 'i empty a whole mag into 'em' then, in my opinion, you're a bit of a moose. still, i'm not going to say 'i'll full auto you back' because that doesn't really fix the problem. i won't aim for your head more either. i'll simply get close and shoot you once in the back - that will show you that the one shot is sometimes all you need.

people are complaining a bit, but they have the right to do so. getting full autoed when a few shots would have sufficed isn't nice. this game is about trust and sportsmanship. if the guy takes his hits, then he's only gonna need a few. don't empty your mag.

so, during different situations - here's what i do, and have done.

face to face, medium to long range engagement. he's behind a tree or barrel, so am i. i continue firing 3 second bursts on full auto at whatever body part is showing. i pause between each to see if i've hit him.
          if his head is sticking out, i'll throw a single shot over his bow as a warning. if it hits him. oh well..

flanking. if i come up on someone's exposed side, medium to long, a 1 second burst at the body or thighs will do the job if he's wearing alot of kit. if he's in a teeshirt, then two shots, will do.

close flank. if i come up behind someone, i find a nice spot on their body and put one, maybe two shots into it. no full auto. ever.

cqb. all my cqb shots tend to be double tap. which means two shots, no more. i play alot of cqb and because we're often wearing just teeshirts, any more than 3 shots is taking the p to be honest. still, it happens and we don't complain. even if i'm flanking, two shots are never really unnacceptable.

during a cqb i also once camped behind a barrel. a guy walked past, perhaps 3 meters away, and i put one shot into his rib, under the armpit. one shot did it.

full autoing at long range at a partially hidden target is fine. most of the bbs aren't doing anything and what you're really doing is keeping the guy from shooting you. suppressive fire basically. fine. no argument. but if you want to kill the person, and he's playing properly, one or two shots will more than suffice. aim your gun, fire two shots.

i find that if you're constantly full autoing, people don't take their hits because there's too much going on. bbs are flying everywhere and they're not sure what's hitting them. slow down. chill out. a guy will feel one bb when there's no others in the air. if you're wearing a vest, you will feel it. the sound and sensation echoes and vibrates through your kit. and you hear it. sometimes not, but most of the time, yeah.

in answer to the question - yes i double tap. which means TWO shots. this is often more than enough.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Double tap ... this is something i will always do. Just in-case

Comment

i don't to double tap, but i rarely use full auto. I find you have to aim at the soft spots on players as many wear so much tac they don't feel anything, so it's in the knees and elbows, i avoid headshots where i can.

Comment

Double tap can be kinda fun with a gas blowback pistol, but IMHO unpractical with an AEG. In the other hand I find short 3-shot bursts are very useful.

About the sportmanship thing: If somebody emptied half a mag at me after being declared "hit", I would hurt them BADLY.

Of course, everybody knows the typical "immortal guy" who wouldn't play fair. If the marshals don't give him a wake up call, I would. But hey, BBs can sting just a bit, or really hurt. They can even make a mess out of you if shot at close range with something powerful.

To me, overkillers are jerks.

Comment

primary wepon is a vsr10 so it would be hard to double tap, prefere to take my time, single shot to the upper leg or chest (without vest). head shot if they dont take the first 2 shots. i personaly dont aim for the chest if they have a vest because i cant rapidly fire another if they dont feal it.

Comment

1 double tap to the upper torso/head depending on range.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xDeltaOne Find out more about xDeltaOne
                    Working...
                    X