Collapse

Law Enforcement Game types. NOT SWAT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Law Enforcement Game types. NOT SWAT.

cant U18 and dad said he wont get me one till christmas

Comment

Originally posted by edwa2 View Post
      cant U18 and dad said he wont get me one till christmas
      Then start being really nice to your dad :D
      TAE

Comment

i have lol i beg my dad saying what woud i do if i run out of ammo and stuff lol and been helping around the house alot ALOT !

Comment

Use the excuse I give myself for new kit.

Its the difference between spending all day playing, or spending all day walking to and from the safe zone.

Comment

now thats a good one ^^^^^^^^ may have to use that next time i need to get somthing from zerone and i see that foliage warrior

Comment

I'm getting a pistol ed way in ya face haha .. Why dont u start saving up I'm getting the px4 of zero one

Comment

dude its illegal for me to buy it or hand over money

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  Bangs such as BFGs and Mk5's will act as flash bangs, rather than killing grenades. Once a BFG has gone off in the room, you must put one hand over your ear. If you can see it go off, you must put one hand over one eye.
                  Now if I had to put my hand over my eye I wont be able to see anything unless I put my hand over my fake eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                    Just to make it clear guys, the cops would DEFINATELY not have assault rifles, or Smgs. It would be pistols only, with PERHAPS a shotgun per group.
                    Why is there this strange insistence on shotguns? If its the American influence, then fair enough, but UK police services do not, ordinarily issue shotguns to armed officers.

They do on the other hand, issue single-shot only variants of SMG's. For example, in London, G36C and MP5 are issued (again single shot)

Mod Police, Cambridgeshire and a few other issue single shot only MP7s...

A game could be run like this, with those playing officers, only having one magazine
                    Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                    There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like the idea, and would be well up for it. But i've played a game with a police element. It was a fun game but the roleplay was lacking, most people want to shoot first and think second.

With any game using ROE (both for that team, and their opposition) the players really have to want to make it work. You can cherry pick people for the roles, based on whether they can handle it, or you can add rules/guidelines to try and force it (i.e not all criminals are armed and switch the guns around every few regens or something, they have a longer regen if shooting a copper and not getting away clean etc.) so as to make people think twice. Drugs stashes, wanted people etc. can all be included but again, if everyone shoots on sight, it will add very little to the experience.

The above is also irrespective of weapons, whether they are assault rifles or pistols doesn't matter, in CQB both are just as effective, it's all about when they are employed, and will it go against the idea of the game.

*edit* i've also played a game where bangs where stun grenades, you are in LOS you count to 5 or 10 before you can fire, obviously some lack the ability to count, but it worked ok. Holding an eye or an ear is a bit pants.

Comment

Thanks for that buddy. Some good points there. I was thinking about how this would be martialled this morning. Unless a martial follows everyone round in the game, it'll be tricky to give out the penalties for people being wrongfully shot. Apart from people's word. This bit needs some good ideas!

Comment

Yep, potential minefield. Don't forget though airsoft is about honour, most have it and if you take the time to make a game up for people to play and enjoy, they should respect that and act accordingly.

There are all sorts of twists too that you can included like bent coppers, undercover ones as civvies that can keep it interesting, but from my experience of games i have PLAYED (i've not run my own) the more complication you have, the more chance for confusion, errors and worst of all, boredom.

This brings me to an important aspect; if you go down the "not all criminals are armed" route, which, lets face it, unless it's somewhere like Columbia, or Manchester..... is unlikely, you will need something for the crims to do throughout the game to keep them involved, focused and not bored. You can set them goals like find drugs, or have marshalls as punters the dealers have to deal to, or weapons deals, or muggings or barricaded suspects, and the cops with opposing goals like arrest/kill ARMED suspects (this will be known when the player regens as they will have been sent out with a weapon), arrest drug dealers, seize weapons, take pictures of illegal goings on...

By having goals such as these it moves away from the 'shoot everything and gives people something else to work towards. A point system is also useful here.

Comment

thats a good idea. this could go very wrong quite easily if there isnt the right direction for the game to go in.

Will have to think about it!

Comment

well if this do'es all go ahead at some point let me/us all know :D
                              i'ma have to get another chrome m92 :P
                              at least then i'll have an excuse to buy another gun and not feel guilty

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X