• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit

still waiting for hunter to send me his guns and units for fitting hehe

Comment

Funnily enough I was looking at this thread today earlier.

Was going to get one, but kind of gone off the idea. Best part of £100 for full cycling, 3rnd burst and a shorter trigger pull is fairly steep.

You can get an Extreme Fire MOSFET to do pretty much the same, for less. Plus they have other functionality, and are programmable too! Without the need to start chopping up the selector plate, filing part of the gearbox down for starters.

Maybe when the unit comes out which stops on mag empty I might find the balance of pros/cons swings back to the ASCU

Comment

mag empty will almost certinaly require a hole in the hop unit mod. more hssle than its worth.

It’s actually about the same price for the aSCU as the cheetah and for me the cheetah isn’t all that great, I mean it adds burst.. And lipo detection when low.. and usual mosfet bits, but not full completion..

That for me is the key plus the shortened trigger time and removal of arl...

the arl gives a noticeable noise when it functions.. Which is why ptws sound different and high pitched / quieter.

These 3 features extra on top of the cheetah make it a must have i think if i want to shell out 85 quid on a mosfet system..

yes its expensive but it’s a complete system including wiring the cheetah has to be wired and its connections are small, fiddly and not compatible with large gauge wiring.

So for me what little extra cost there is, is worth it for the extra convenience..

I look at it this way, 85 quid and even on a standard 8.4v battery a AEG which is mediocre is given a complete over hall... and ptw style trigger response...

I mean you could take a badly wired piece of junk and someone with no skills, and instead of ordering 16 awg wiring, xt 60 connectors, mosfet from the states, new lipo battery, new charger, and new motor.

You literally fit this one unit for 85 quid... and your piece of poo rubbish gun, I’m talking nasty jg wiring with nasty corroded brass connections, and dodgy soldier contacts, gets transformed into ptw trigger response on a standard 8.4v battery with no soldiering and no rewiring...

I mean you can’t put a price on that ... well you can 85 quid... hehe

Comment

Pretty much everything I seen on these (which isn't actually much considering the claims it makes) has said you will still need the ARL. Even on the company website, you can see backspin after the auto cycles!

Comment

yeah there is back spin but it shouldnt be an issue with the gun in full auto and the arl removed, it will simply spin backwards. into a resting state... the gears have no issue spining forwards they should have no issue spining backwards with the cut off lever disengaged... it was a concern but the sheer numbers of happy people out there, it would appear my initial worrys where unfounded even in the long term.

the single mode is fully timed.

when i read through the manual it definatly states the arl needs to be removed.

Comment

the whole arl thing is the only thing putting me off. if some of the users can confirm they haven't had any trouble I think it might be added to the list and rich it will be coming to you for installation
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

sweeeeet.....

Comment

I'm such a women.....

Changed mind again, and have purchased one at a good price 2nd hand!

Will do a full review on installation and performance in due course

Comment

I don't know why people just don't save up and get a PTW.

It's like that VW Golf advert, "Did you hear the door close? Sounds like a golf."

Comment

kwa m4 £250 (already very good performer)
                      ascu £80

just a little cheaper than a systema...just a little...
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Quite true. Looking at a KWA as a backup actually - how is yours working out with the ASCU?

Comment

don't have the ascu yet the kwa is very nice though, its a very good main, so an exceptional back up

Comment

kwas come with firefly hop rubbers its really interesting to see people describe them as having great performance out of the box... just goes to show how good the firefly set really is...

Comment

the 2gx rubber is a firefly? that's why its good then

Comment

Well it's similar, rich!

The firefly has two fins (and then if you want to class them as fins, two extra, tiny ones to the outside of the rubber), the KWA 2GX has 4 main, big fins (bigger than those of the Firefly).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jezworld Find out more about jezworld
                                Working...
                                X