Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit

i call umm nipples... a fin would be the madbull type which is most definatly a fin

Thats the 2gx rubber from the kwa on the right and that looks identical to the firefly...

and i fit those fireflys nearly daily and i cant spy any difference

Comment

That is a firefly rubber mate

Maybe the gaps are alittle smaller between the fins but defo looks like a firefly

Comment

yup and thats a picture of the kwa 2gx hop rubber...

Now ive got to keep getting the fireflys as theres other things which are important like tightness of the rubber length and shape of the lip/rubber and hardness all of which are good on the fireflys but if you hear someone say there kwa has great accuracy out of the box its just an interesting point that it comes with a firefly lookalike.

meaning that if people 'arnt' told they have a firefly they viasbly see a noticable improvment in accuracy.

Comment

I can't say it would be better than say a guarder clear or systema rubber, all I can say is I'm impressed and happy with the range and accuracy
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

As promised further up, a little review!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71765

Comment

Hey guys. I was looking through forums on the ASCU and different types of connectors (XT60, Deans, Tamiya) and which was better, and thought i could give you guys some info, if needed. I bought the original (V1) Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit in the beginning of January, 2011, from ******* Airsoft. It cost me $100 USD, which I considered very steep for a MOSFET with little to no chatter that I could find on whether it would be a good buy or not.
              I received the product about a week after ordering and instantly wanted to install it. The trigger unit replaces the standard trigger and connection setup in your current V2 gearbox, however, instead of the metal trigger contacts that can arc over time with higher voltage batteries, the trigger, when pulled, makes contact with a small button. When the button is pushed by the trigger, on semi-automatic, the gears spin and a cutoff lever is triggered by one FULL ROTATION of the gears. No time what so ever, just a simple cutoff electronic lever. Also, this MOSFET uses active breaking to stop the motor instantly. When the gun is set on automatic mode, a quick pull of the trigger will shoot a THREE ROUND BURST, while holding the trigger will shoot the standard automatic fire. Also, the ASCU has an integrated voltage detection system (great for LiPo) and error detection, but not automatic cutoff incase of a voltage spike (which is how my V1 ASCU failed). The wires are rather long and the slim data wire is very fragile and it comes with the standard small-type tamiya connector. However, some issues came to my eye right away. Now the MOSFET, after only three months, does not work (totally my fault, I will get to this later) so I ordered the Version 2 ASCU earlier last week (it is a smaller, more enhanced version of the original ASCU, where it has integrated programmable firing modes based on user's preference).
              1. When installing the ASCU into a version 2 gearbox, the three pins/contact surfaces that a selector plate with a metal plate make contact with, were touching the gearbox, thus making me have to shave the gearbox a bit so that the ASCU could fit into the gearbox to take the place of the original wiring setup/trigger box/whatever.
              2. After fitting the trigger unit/sensor unit into the v2 GB, I had to modify a selector plate by cutting no more and no less than 5mm into the notch at the very top. Luckily, I succeeded in doing so *WHEW*. Anyways, my selector plate was a VFC FULL METAL selector plate. USE ONLY PLASTIC SELECTOR PLATES WITH THE COPPER CONTACT PLATE WHEN USING THIS MOSFET! I used a full metal plate and ending up frying my data unit (it says in the directions to modify the plate with the cut and use electrical tape on the outer side of the selector plate [where the selector plate and the metal body of the AEG may come in contact]) however, the whole plate came in contact with my GB and metal body, which resulted in the frying of me data unit, so whenever I plug a battery into it, it will fire fully automatic until i take the battery out. -.-
              3. The wires are so long and stiff that maneuvering them inside the GB was a pain. Once you get them set right, you might want to set them with glue or putty to keep them from moving around.
              4. On my custom gun, I was using a CQB length full-stock (a short, full-stock) and with the wires and bulky MOSFET unit, I was barely able to fit a mini type 11.1 LiPo battery.
              5. Last thing to note, you CANNOT plug a freshly charged battery, ESPECIALLY A LIPO, into the ASCU or it will fry the data unit/ MOSFET. You must wait until the battery has reached its normal voltage level, or about an hour after charging fully.
              Sorry about the story above, just wanted to give my take on this product. The first gen. of the ASCU was pretty good, but hopefully they have made major improvements so that the V2 ASCU will be even better, and now I have learned my lesson about following all directions as carefully as possible from now on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jezworld Find out more about jezworld
              Working...
              X