Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 30-40rps... doable?

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
    I beg to differ. I had a G36 running 28rps with an 8.4v 1400mAh mini battery. I didn't fancy trying a 9.6 in it.

I'm also kinda shocked by the fact no one has suggested a good rewire and a MOSFET yet.
    Like wise I had an AK that was close to 30 on a 9.6 NiMh mini stick. As for Mosfet and decent wire, I thought that was just obvious.

DSG, for the win. Even with a TM EG1000 they are unbelievable.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

There is still hope for non Lipo users!, I first started with high capacity/drain NIMH's, my early 08 build was running at 42rps (audacity test, which i no longer believe in using), turned out effective at 39rps or along that line IIRC @340fps. That was using a 12v 4200mah Intellect pack, Systema Turbo with anti shorting mod, SC 14.1:1 gears with a 14 tooth sector, one of franks AB fets (the very first ABs!) a Guarder SP100 and a G&P piston! (knowing what i know now, I'm not sure what i was thinking there, but oddly the back end of that piston never came off unlike all the others!)
      I am now predominantly LiPo, and my SG552 is my main rifle, as such i rebuilt it around reliability, bumped the FPS up a fraction and switched the motor out, dropping me a few RPS, but its a whole lot better, Whilst still fast, it's now more practical (afew pics in profile if anyones interested).
      I have something else in the works for the speed side of things, though reliability is still key.

As dope said, people seem to forget the basics when they are just as important, if you skip forwards to the recent high rof talk, or start learning half way, those basics will come back and slap you when you push for more speed. Thinking out side of the box will help you see it clearly.

Danny's DSG is an option, a more efficient option for the kind of lower speeds we are talking, but the modifications required to the piston, tappet plate etc are not to everybody's taste, you are also limited for choice for the pistons that work without modification, there are a few pistons that will work that i have tested, but again these are sometimes difficult to source. As a DSG user i can't rate it higher, but only for extreme ROF, it seems to me like a bit of a waste to use it at speeds as low as 30rps when other parts will get there for a fraction of the price.

If you are primarily aiming for ROF, you can build a very efficient setup, if your 10.8v pack is capable of dumping decent amps, you should have no problem going for mid 30's with the right motor, wiring, spring, piston setup, and gear ratio.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Appears I have missed a trick there. Never the less, how about your laptop?

It's also worth mentioning Li-ion can be referred to as Li-Pol. They both consist of the same effective chemicals, just the Li-ion uses a liquid, where Li-Pol is dry. Not saying that's what's going on with that battery you quoted though.

And if there is a Li-Pol in your phone, that's all well and good. It was included in the price for a start. A small Ni-MH and charger set me back less than £30, a Li-Pol set up I priced at £100. That included a semi decent charger and balancer, and postage. And if you're using a Li-Pol in an AEG, you do have to be careful not to let the voltage drop. There's still plenty of reasons for using Ni-MH in my books. The main one being, why should I spend £100 on a battery set up, and have to be careful, and rewire and all that, when I can just spend £30 and everything's already set up to work.

One of the other things I don't like about Li-Pol is the snobbery that comes with having one. And how vague you can be about it. There are commercially available airsoft Li-Pols out there now that don't even provide as much current as my 8.4v mini Ni-MH. Yet hey, it's still a Li-Pol, so it must be good. And aren't I great for knowing how to use it safely. (That part wasn't aimed at you, but some of the less intelligent airsofters I've had the misfortune of meeting.)

It's not that I'm bitter about the whole situation mind. I can see they are useful, but I can also see people (including me) have legitimate reasons for not using them.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

if you shop around lipos realyl aren't that expensive

I got an imax b6 charger for about £30 then two extremely good quality 7.4v 40c 1800mah batteries for £24 delivered. £55 isn't that much more. how damn expensive were the lipos you were looking at dope!!?

the key for lipos I've found is not getting the airsoft branded ones. they are overpriced with poor specs. look at the RC car/helicopter ones. cheaper and better quality. just make sure the dimensions are right.

if anyone wants a link for good quality cheap lipos pm me
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

It was the charger/balancer that was the main hit. It was a decent charger I was looking at. I've heard bad things about the Imax B6.

Edit: and I'm dubious about that 40c. Seen high C ratings on batteries before that just don't deliver. But if they are 2 good brand 40c 7.4 1800mAh batteries, that's a damn good find.
            Last edited by dope_on_a_rope; 11 September, 2010, 23:58.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

they are for RC cars with same dimensions as 8.4v mini. pm me if you want a link mate.

edit: they are turnigy btw
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

My current m4 set up doing 35-38rpm

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=JTNPdxcJD_E

Comment

link doesn't work mate

Comment

never thought this thread would attract so much attention. once my lipo arrives ill post a pic of the chrono testing ROF. at my local site we estimated arond 42rps

Comment

and video please

Comment

ye will do one a post the link. ill let you all know when it shatters its first piston aswell because no doubt it will

Comment

I won't be that soon if you get the AoE right and take of the required teeth.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                          A brain?
                          Originally posted by snuff
                          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Would also depend on the current pistons design and materials, in addition to the man spring rate, Cylinder setup, Barrel length, BBs used (weights) and hop setting. AoE is just the starting point.
                            dsgdreamteam

Comment

guess what guys. 33rps and no lipo needed. had a custom built 10.8v battery 4400 mah. running 290 fps and its soooo nice now. ill get some pics up of the chrono and rof test

Comment

I can drive my car with my feet, it doent make it a good idea.

The lipo would have got you there with half the effort and room left in your battery compartment...

In fact with the extra room you could have gone 14v and got even more...

i had 30rps previously on a 9.6v nimh...

Saying no to lipo from a gun techs point of view is basically tieing one hand behind your back.

I dont like short stroking doesnt mean as a gun tech i wouldnt use it if the situation or customer needed it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

EBR-freak Find out more about EBR-freak
                                Working...
                                X