VSR Sears not engaging? (Picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the pro version.

What's the break in period like on the Firefly?

Comment

Re: VSR Sears not engaging? (Picture heavy)

i didnt notice one in all honesty, i started using .3g and then used .28g

i have had to gradually over time apply more hop than when i first started, used to nearly have it off, but now maybe a quater of the way

Comment

Why the change down?

It's a hard call, accuracy over range. Both important in a sniper rifle. I'm sure after lots more money I'll find what's right for me.

I have high hopes for the Firefly. I recently swapped my KA hop rubber to a TM one in my main rifle, and I was amazed at the difference. Nearly double the range for a fiver.

Comment

its just what was available, i got given a bottle of green .28s, after using them i saw why

but if you adjust using whites on a range, then ingame you should trust your shots if you have the sniper tuned well and youll be fine, between the two weights i cant notice a difference, and to save about £5 per bottle isnt bad

Comment

Had a quick play this morning, and 0.2's seemed more accurate than the 0.25's. Had a shoot down the garden which is fairly long and the 0.2's had a longer range and more consistant flight path. Then I tried the .25's which were all over the shot, completely eratic.

The gun looks like it's shooting at least in the 400's fps wise. Strange.

Comment

its the standard piston, seems to limit what fps the gun produces

Comment

It's the airbreak I reckon.

I managed to get into the hop unit finally. The screw is a bit knackered, but I got the bucking in and one of the PDI spacers. The other end has a marui one that looks glued in.

For now I'm happy, range is OK, accuracy is OK. Could do with being a bit better but I think thats something to tinker with over the summer as I've spent enough for now.

A big thank you to everyone who helped!

Comment

itsn ot problem mate, need any more advice, or if you want to do a bulk order (ill be doing one in 6 or so weeks) then send a message this way

Comment

Had a few PM's from dragunovgeorge, so I thought I'd share them here as they might help people with similar problems.

PM 1:
                    Originally posted by dragunovgeorge
                    Laylax 150 spring
                    - Laylax spring guide
                    - Laylax cylinder head
                    - Now TM piston
                    - PDI first and second sears

if this is your set up, i dont get how you cant run it with the laylax piston, ive managed to

first however the standard marui trigger parts can support the laylax piston up to 450 fps easily

although if you do want to use the pdi sears:

when you showed an image of your trigger mech

loosen the front grub screw that says pull by about 3 turns from what the picture shows
                    also the rear grub called stroke needs to be tightened so it it is just hinding about 1mm inside the back of the trigger mech (not protruding from it)

also you still having an issue with the hop unit?

PM 2:
                    Originally posted by dragunovgeorge
                    yer im sure they'll cope lol
                    i have one cylinder setup runing at 498fps
                    and two vsrs (gspec and normal) for diffferent use, so i just drop the cylinder setup into whichever i need, have an upgraded trigger in one, the other is still marui standard and has been for over a year lol

a quick hop mod to help with range btw, is to cut off part of the side nub on the hop rubber at the front edge, then you can do a few wraps of ptfe ove the rubber where your hope adjuster rests, and wrap the ptfe tape to the barrel so you loose no pressure, it'll keep it good and consistent =]

you can actually use part of the flat off cut to rest inbetween the 2 prongs on the hop arm, gives you very good performance

(this has been done to about 6 vsrs of mine and friends )

Comment

another double post sorry.

Do you have to use a laylaxy cylinder head with a laylax piston or can you use the stock marui one.

There seems to be maybe 5mm difference between the two. The marui has more treads, where as the Laylax one has a few less.

For some reason I cannot screw the laylax cylinder head onto the cylinder, it just gets jammed so I've been using the stock cylinder head. Could this cause the lack of locking?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Wouldnt have thought so.

Your sears have the two springs on still dont they?

Your airbrake on the piston isn't bent?

Will it work if you put normal spring and normal sears
                          Back in?

This will help me help you fix it.
                          Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

Only reason I ask is that when I try and cycle the bolt with the red piston it feels like it needs to come back maybe 5-10mm compared to the stock piston which cycles fine.

The Red piston has no airbrake just the hex screw as the airbrake it came with was bent. As said before, the only setup I can get it to work with is with the stock piston and cylinder head. The bloody Laylax one wont fit for whatever reason.

Comment

Ok, and your sure you havn't cross threaded the cylinder with
                              One of the cylinder heads?

Are there any small splits from the drill hole in the top of
                              The cylinder head?

If you wanted you could send me the piston so I could
                              Test it in my vsr for you.

Jack
                              Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

Yeah pretty sure it hasn't cross threaded, the stock head screws in fine, and I can't see any damage on the laylax one. Maybe a dodgey one from the factory.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reb Find out more about reb
                                Working...
                                X