Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Players

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to airsoft, and will be looking at using the Ground Zero Sites in Dorset and Hampshire regularly.

My Girlfriend wants to get involved! Awesome right? I am posting on her behalf, are there any players on the forum that have experience with the Ground Zero sites (both woodland and urban) that can give me any insight into regular female players, facilities and treatment of female players, is it a just as friendly environment for women, how welcome will she be, and will she have any female company that could offer her some advice and show her the ropes?

She is far from a girly girl and she is more than up for a bit of banter, so not worried about that, i think she just wont want to have to deal with being put down or treated differently because of gender.

any advice or insight you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Re: Female Players

She should be as welcome as any other player at a site.

Anyone that views a player as 'different' just because they are female is living in the 1950s but sadly it does happen.

If she is a kind of 'take no crap' kind of girl she should be fine enough though.

As for gun and gear advice well that is the same again for any player, just if she is of a slighter stature she might find it hard to find camouflage in her specific size etc.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks dude, I dont think gear that fits will be an issue (she is nearly 6ft and of average build) besides, due to the amount of cash spent on guns we will be rocking a 'PMC' look for now!

Comment

My mates GF went recently, she loved it and no issues on the site... the only one was down to the porta loo - as a women she needs to get closer to it that us men... hence she held it in all day
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I sure wish my better half wanted in...

She refuses to even touch my guns. I once asked her to hold onto my Sammy Edge for a couple seconds and put it on her lap (while I took a phone call).

She proceeded to throw it to one side.
          sigpic
          "I are God, lol."

Comment

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I think we can all appreciate women in airsoft. Sundays are so G.I Joe that it borders on the homoerotic.

Comment

Did someone say homoerotic:

M-tish, m-tish, m-tish, m-tish.

'FireKnife'
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Also while im here, ive got a SRC G36C and she finds it a little heavy to handle, its about 3.5kg any suggestions for something lighter and easier to handle? in the £150-£200 mark?

Comment

G&g cm16 raiders are great lightweight guns bud
                    WANTED:

Sordins or Comtac II's with Motorola 2pin connector!

PM me if you're selling some!

Comment

Try a G&G CM16, preferably the shorter type. Body is plastic, but still quite sturdy. I really rate these as beginner and backup weapons (I'm a stickler for metal bodies). Or look into MP5s, the G&G Combat Machine MP5 is meant to be pretty awesome too.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by BigDave575 View Post
                        Also while im here, ive got a SRC G36C and she finds it a little heavy to handle, its about 3.5kg any suggestions for something lighter and easier to handle? in the £150-£200 mark?
                        Pistol?

Seriously with the right kind of gun and play style a pistol is actually a very good choice.

'FireKnife'

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                          Pistol?

Seriously with the right kind of gun and play style a pistol is actually a very good choice.

'FireKnife'
                          We will be running pistols as side arms WE Glock 17

Comment

Male, female, young and old. Its a great sport played, in the main, by good sports.
                            She'll do great as long as BAMF doesn't get her in his sights!
                            sigpic
                            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Originally posted by Viper Scout View Post
                              Male, female, young and old. Its a great sport played, in the main, by good sports.
                              She'll do great as long as BAMF doesn't get her in his sights!
                              where's the BAMF signal when you need it
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigDave575 Find out more about BigDave575
                              Working...
                              X