X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Female Players

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
    Why not get a kick pdw, takes m4 mags, and it V small and light
    Looked for one of these, amongst others, she has chosen this one because it quote 'looks bad ass' thank you for solving her what gun to get dilemma.

Thanks for the honesty gents, my younger brother (21 years of age mind you) is a GW fiend and i know what you mean! he will dribble over anything with a pulse!

she just said that if people get too much its nothing she cant deal with, if not a swift shot to the nards will fix it , she is normally quite mild mannered but this airsoft thing is turning her into an animal! SCARY STUFF ultimately she is there to have a bit of fun and shoot some stuff

Comment

most women i come across playing airsoft,are either with their boyfriend,or not to my liking so i tend to ignore them, if on the rare occasion they are cute and single,i will still still avoid them especially if my contour is running,in case my wife sees the footage as she will go on about it for ages, because she did ask me if girls airsoft,and my reply was not really.....
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
        Subtle?
        You've seen these threads before, my man. Any which give mention of females... The threads in the introductions section, the 'I promise I have a girlfriend' posts and even the straight forward questions such as this one.

Most airsofters spend more time with BB's than they do with the fairer sex. It's like dropping a tasty steak in a pit of desperate wolves.
        Subtle is the last word I'd use.

Rather than tenuous innuendo; I'd send early warning of awkward dribbling and even more awkward silences.
        Fortunately the zeroin forums are not representative of the outside world and airsoft as a whole.

Comment

I mean, it's not entirely representative (people cannot possibly be as illegible and unintelligible in real life as they are on here) but broadly I agree with RiflemanLizard:

I'd send early warning of awkward dribbling and even more awkward silences.
          Airsoft has the worst female-to-male ratio of any pastime I've ever partaken in (although I confess I have never played Warhammer). Name literally any other mainstream or extreme sport you like, from curling to croquet, football to foosball, and there will be a more even gender balance. It's not that all airsofters are socially awkward around girls* (although some of them are, just like any other activity) and as sparrowhawk points out, a good number of them are in long-term relationships with or married to women. It's just that airsoft is conducted in a laddish atmosphere and some players are unprepared to have to tone down the banter and generally become a bit more self-aware when women arrive. I would definitely warn any girl I brought to a game to expect some surprise and awkwardness.

*Ordinarily I'd say 'around people' but I think this applies specifically to men trying to talk to women.

Comment

If his girlfriend is Bird from Bluestone 42 then she'll have to tone down the banter.
            sigpic
            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Originally posted by Viper Scout View Post
              If his girlfriend is Bird from Bluestone 42 then she'll have to tone down the banter.
              lol, good show. she is not that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                (although I confess I have never played Warhammer).
                Irony being I have seen more women playing games of Warhammer than at an airsoft site :p.

But either way you will always get those that assume 'woman plus my hobby equals win' but they are just throw backs to old attitudes that we can really do without.

I also find that the players that think such bad things about women are the ones that also call each other mate, scream loudly at everyone to 'move up' and enjoy the smell of each others trapdoor gas. Clearly they are the pinnacles of human intelligence and we should all aspire to be like them .

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                  I also find that the players that think such bad things about women are the ones that also call each other mate, scream loudly at everyone to 'move up' and enjoy the smell of each others trapdoor gas.
                  Australians play airsoft?

Comment

Sooooo, just about all ex-squaddies 😁

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

It's all a test anyway. One nice girl in baggy camos and all the fist-bumping, power-sliding and obstacle mantling multiplies in its intensity.
                      As one of the bigger boys, you step it up and bring your A-game. Hopefully she'll be going home with you later... but you've gotta run the gauntlet first and prove your worth in the fires of simulated pseudo-battle.

You've fought hard for hours on end and demonstrated your tactical reload abilities time and time again. Flawless transitioning.
                      You clearly know your shit. You've been shouting SF shorthand since you got here, swaggering about like a peacock with a semi-on all afternoon.

But she doesn't even look twice. She gets into a car with some punk wearing DPM and a viper rig.

Hard luck champ. At least you've got the real steel.
                      Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 28 March, 2014, 12:51.

Comment

One thing I've not seen mentioned:

The rage of a hardcore systema 'softer getting absolutely smashed by a petite young lass with a plastic MP5...
                        sigpic
                        "I are God, lol."

Comment

It'But she doesn't even look twice. She gets into a car with some punk wearing DPM and a viper rig.
                          Ha, I wear DPM... and a Viper rig! To be fair, I like being on the opposite team to my better half. Paybacks a B#TCH!

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                            Ha, I wear DPM... and a Viper rig! To be fair, I like being on the opposite team to my better half. Paybacks a B#TCH!

I've just got mine! and im such a cheap ass I haven't got any cams, rocking jeans, tshirt and assault vest.

I hope she don't leave for the gobby one in multi cam and better gear! pfft yeah right!

thanks again guys for the posts, its put a light hearted spin on what to expect for her.

Comment

It's all a test anyway. One nice girl in baggy camos and all the fist-bumping, power-sliding and obstacle mantling multiplies in its intensity.
                              As one of the bigger boys, you step it up and bring your A-game. Hopefully she'll be going home with you later... but you've gotta run the gauntlet first and prove your worth in the fires of simulated pseudo-battle.

You've fought hard for hours on end and demonstrated your tactical reload abilities time and time again. Flawless transitioning.
                              You clearly know your shit. You've been shouting SF shorthand since you got here, swaggering about like a peacock with a semi-on all afternoon.

But she doesn't even look twice. She gets into a car with some punk wearing DPM and a viper rig.

Hard luck champ. At least you've got the real steel.
                              Lol.

Comment

The leader/creator of the team I'm in is female and she is a great airsofter!
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigDave575 Find out more about BigDave575
                                Working...
                                X