• Show
Clear All

Re: Are JG Really Any good?

because you could sell your tm one and do your jg up to the tits

unless you dual weild 2 g3's

Comment

Originally posted by Big John View Post
      When was the last time you had a JG because they have changed - must better quality
      if your talking to doublebarrel,
      same as me, the new g36c.
      - ICS MP5 SD2

Comment

what is it with everybody and "upgrading"... seriously.. buying cheap and upgrading to a good standard is silly

most of the proper branded weapons dont need upgrading at all. you can pull it out of the box and skirmish with it for years with no troubles
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

its good fun knowing what you put into your gun and watching it get better

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
            what is it with everybody and "upgrading"... seriously.. buying cheap and upgrading to a good standard is silly

most of the proper branded weapons dont need upgrading at all. you can pull it out of the box and skirmish with it for years with no troubles
            Simple
            Buy a JG, Chrono it to check it is under your sites limit and that it sounds smooth if it is use it.
            If it doesnt open up the gearbox, cut the spring to get it down to your sites limit, clean and grease the gears and set the shims. Cost = a couple of quid and an hour or so of your time. It's not exactly breaking the bank when you compare the cost to a "proper brand" which can all need work on them too.
            It also means you have money left over to buy spare mags and batteries.

Comment

here here

Comment

no need to address me personally there :P was making a point that some people do now want or know how (new people) to do any work... would be better for a new person to get a gun that will work out of the box for a year than a gun that needs fiddling with

personally most of my guns are custom built and cost hundreds of pounds... but thats more of an obsession than a necessity.. the performance increase is not ALLWAYS worth the price
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

i really think its horses for courses
                  you like what u like and at the end of the day every1 is different
                  i dont think u shud buy a gun if ur new too it straight away, i think u shud go to a few skirmishes and try out their guns, a different one each time
                  then ull have a idea of what brand and what type of gun best suits the way u play

Comment

I think you have hijacked the poor guys thread LOL (oops).. the jg g36k is a great bit of kit and is as customizable as an m4. there 416 is also a great gun from the stories iv heard. top tech do a nice blow back m4 and SRC do a nice metal 416. as for mags and stuff just look here and you can find some nice bargins
                    Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Answer to your question:

Yes.

They are good, for the price you pay. You'll get pretty much the same performance as a more expensive gun. So long as you look after it, clean the barrel, it will be fine. JG guns are especially good as first guns, and i'm sure any experienced 'sotfer will agree.

Comment

yes they are good

although not to everyones taste.. it really depends what your looking for at the end of the day - best advice is go to to a skirmish as a hire - and try out people guns.. try use a JG, TM, compare them to the metal of a G&P, even a systema if you can

you will then have a broader understanding of what is what

Comment

JG MP5 and you can't go wrong. Very accurate and a great ROF. Wish i had kept mine now

Comment

+1 on that.

I owned a JG mp5A4, and it was a fantastic gun to get me started with. Even though it was much cheaper than everyone elses guns, it managed to match their performance.

But, remember cheapness comes at a cost! ( hehe, little joke there ) Yes, it may be cheaper, yes it may match performance, but it creaks and creaks and creaks!

If it's a gun to get you started with, then please, get it! Don't spend a huge amount of money on a TM, or CA, G&P, or any of those, 'cause it ain't worth it for a first gun! But, if you want a more reliable gun, go for the G&G combat machine. Aparently, without doubt, 'the most popular airsoft gun'.

Comment

Nothing abit of epoxy resin can't sort out XD. On another note. Put a new hop rubber in them and a regrease of the gearbox and your set to go. Mine never missed a beat.

Comment

Are JG good - yes. Mine have all been dependable rifles and have not needed any work doing to them to get them in a working state. Regreasing and shimming them wont hurt though.

As for the sa80 current models from any of the manufactuers that produce them all suffer from the similar issue of the piston and blowback needing to be sorted out, you may be lucky and get one that is fine and needs no work but for simplicities sake do the upgrades, guides to which can be found on here and other forums (google it) and you will be a happy bunny.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                                Working...
                                X