Are JG Really Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are JG Really Any good?

bugger me! They all sound mint! I think i'll deffo get a JG soon as.. And wait a little longer for the L85 G&G. But i'll probably look into something from JG that are known to be decent :D

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

sorry if this is thread jacking
      but like what part of the uk are you from? odd question i know
      but i have a follow up to ask

Comment

JG are the best cheapsoft make for sure
        JG have improved over the last couple of years and are near at the standard of tm - it will only be a matter of time before JG are priced the same as TM and cyma or something with take the place of JG as cheapsoft

JG are brillant guns - add a tm hop rubber and your flying for near half the price!!

Comment

I would say instead of buying a JG save a bit more and get a 2nd hand gun off of the classified in these forums.

That way you could get a top brand, and get a ready to go skirmish package with mags and batts for a lot less.

If needs be rent at a few skirmishes, get your ukara, and find out what guns you like best.

Then just buy which one is best for you on the forums, you can save a lot of money that way and the previous owner may have already spent the money ironing out the kinks that some guns have. (like the AA SA80)

Just a thought.
          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

yes for pistols i personally would go Western Arms, TM and KSC (KJ works are ok too)
            love love love love love love western arms handguns, they are normally abs but it feels heavy and metal based paints make it cold to the touch

TM are slightly more plastic feeling but the performance and parts are to die for (can be upgraded with a nice metal kit if thats what you want too)

KSC are also a great brand, their Glocks are very good and i have a KSC USP with metal slide (granted its got custom internals only externals are ksc) it is very realistic, the frame is more polymer than plastic and the metal slide heavy and kicks like a mule
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

gota say i love the kj beretta
              full metal
              luverly

Comment

alright, im from Milton Keynes from birth :P Moved to DUDLAAAAAAAY ( Dudley ) when i was like 1.. so im near to birmingham i guess

i'v been looking over the Classified ads and there are some great bargains! I might have to ask someone to spray the gun and get it before!

what sort of marksman guns would you reccomend? like.. G3 and SPR?

Thanks

Originally posted by funeral_tripod View Post
                gota say i love the kj beretta
                full metal
                luverly
                Agreed a Full Metal Berretta is what im after! how much they going for? i dont like plastic! lol

Comment

minee XD

and the kj works one is £95 of zerone full metal gas blowback

(the one on the left is the KJ one, the other one is just a cheap chinese GBB)
                  Last edited by funeral_tripod; 30 May, 2009, 17:14. Reason: need to explain something

Comment

very nice! but im curious, can you get a rubber hand grip for these?

Comment

If you have your heart set on an L85 for your first gun go for one of the big brands (star/ares, G&G, ICS) rather than the AA one. I have an AA and while it is a nice gun they arnt without their problems.
                      First off there's the hop, It needs a new rubber as the range is nowhere near what it should be for the fps. Then there's the battery, its a one off size and while you can use mini's they will rattle and you are also limited to using 8.4v as a 9.6v tends to strip the piston which brings me onto my next point. It uses non standard parts (like the G&G) but unlike the G&G it is more prone to breaking.
                      Also quite a few have issues with semi auto, either it doesnt work (like mine) or it miss cycles. I tryed to fix mine but ended up breaking it, now it only fires in full auto in both positions.

As for JG, I cant really fault them. I have an M4 by them and I've never had a problem with it. The hop is great, the build quality is fine and the gearbox is one of the best chinese ones I've seen in a while. My only slight problems with the gun was that it did 360fps out of the box and one of the 3 screws that hold the outer barrel together stripped its threads but there were two more anyway.

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
                      ... i have never owned a chinese gun and frankly dont think i will...
                      If that's the case how can you give opinions on guns you've never owned and never intend to?

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                      what sort of marksman guns would you reccomend? like.. G3 and SPR?

Agreed a Full Metal Berretta is what im after! how much they going for? i dont like plastic! lol
                      For a full metal M9 have a look at the HFC's they are very reliable. I dont know one person who has had a problem with the semi auto version (A few have had trouble with the full auto ones) where as with the KJ works I know a couple of people who have ended up with duds.

For a marksman gun a G3 would be better than an SPR as M16 hop units arnt the best unless you want to spend a little money getting high end ones.

Comment

Very Good post my friend, thankyou!

Sad to hear about the SPR tho, as its one hella sexy gun! How much would a new unit be for it? thanks

Comment

If you're considering getting an AEG I must recommend the new 2008+ line of JG guns. They come with MOSFET as standard. Only thing you will have to do to it is get a less powerful spring (M120 stock) and a less powerful motor (I believe it is a Systema Magnum clone). I have an HK416 and a friend of mine has the M4A1 and I really can't fault them. Quality wise I think they are nearly on par with CA or TM.

Comment

yeah im def considering getting a JG gun.. for there price and apparent quality i could get one just to use at the Big weekender if i havent managed to get a nicer one! but if the JG M4 is good i'll def look into it as i love the gun!

Comment

Originally posted by amandla36 View Post
                              Quality wise I think they are nearly on par with CA or TM.
                              Hawat?
                              Don't get me wrong JG are great for the money, but they are abit off TM quality...
                              - ICS MP5 SD2

Comment

In my opinion the jg g36 pound for pound is the best airsoft gun you can buy. having had 3 the first had about 200000 rnds though it with no issues it shot straight and fired first time every time ,350fps may be a bit hot for some sites my cqb site is 330 and have only had to have 1 downgraded.I have also had a few higher price guns G&G,G&P and Star and for what can be 3 times the price for the equiverlant i dont see them being 3 times better
                                //We G36e// We G36c // We SA80 //We mp5 a5 //We m4 // G&G G36c // marui desert eagle // kwa usp.45 // well vsr11 // TM UZI // JG G3 // cyma 870 long

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                                Working...
                                X