Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Any one had their teeth missing and like to share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any one had there Teeth missing and like to share.

gum shields dont neccaceraly work due to the shock of impact of a bb especially the heavier ammo

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
      gum shields dont neccaceraly work due to the shock of impact of a bb especially the heavier ammo
      But perhaps the best compromise. It will offer good protection, if not perfect. Certainly better than a scarf, better than a neoprene + better than remembering to keep lips closed. Not as good as full face mask, granted.

Nothing is risk free in life but I for one am glad I've read this thread and ordered a gum shield...
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

They do alright for boxers and hockey players though eh? Go figure.

The biggest negative to gum shields is that your lip is stretched over the front of them meaning that if you cop a round at the wrong point, it'll split like a fat man's shorts.

Comment

Unfortunately with a double gum shield you are also likely to drool a lot and be unable to talk properly. I fully recommend a lower face mask of some sort as fixing shot out teeth properly can cost over £2000...

Comment

2000 what dentist do you use alos the likely hood of getting a full tooth shot out is very slim ull chip it or maybe break it in half like I did cost ne 209

Comment

I'm terrified of damaging or losing my teeth.

I did buy a mesh lower face mask but couldn't get on with it. It was really uncomfortable.

At the moment, I wear a balaclava and then wrap a shemagh around the bottom half of my face and tie it at the front. Hopefully that's enough.

I have toyed with the idea of gum shields, on both top and lower sets of teet, but I don't know how much of an impact that would have on communication.

Comment

Which is why people still loose teeth fighting and playing rugby ect the fact they actually touch the teeth is the problem yes it will help but it's not going to stop your teeth getting taken out
                Gladly go get punched in the jaw or mouth by someone with a gum shield and see what happens lol, I've fought for years and have seen many teeth brought out you also see it on tv watching stuff such as sport , I should also add the main purpose of them is to stop your jaw bashing together and getting concussion there purpose isn't to prevent teeth loss

Comment

Which is why people still loose teeth fighting and playing rugby ect the fact they actually touch the teeth is the problem yes it will help but it's not going to stop your teeth getting taken out
                  Gladly go get punched in the jaw or mouth by someone with a gum shield and see what happens lol, I've fought for years and have seen many teeth brought out you also see it on tv watching stuff
                  It rarely happens, as a percentage of blows taken to teeth knocked out in boxing or MMA it must be tiny. For example, in the Hatton Pacquiao fight in 09 Manny landed 73 punched in the 1st two rounds, most of those were to Hatton's face. How many teeth did Hatton lose? He lost his senses, he didn't lose his teeth.

A gum shield certainly reduces the chance of damage and I would be shocked if we could find somebody in the world of airsofting who has had damaged teeth while wearing a double gum shield.

Not saying it can't happen but I would be shocked if you can find someone as evidence?

The drooling and difficulty communicating may be a problem, I will report back on how I get on this weekend...
                  “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                    The drooling and difficulty communicating may be a problem, I will report back on how I get on this weekend...
                    Yes, please! I'd be interested to hear your conclusion ...

Comment

Having said that, a knee to the teeth, even while wearing a gum shield will cause serious damage.

http://www.vidmax.com/video/59116/UF...ut_in_a_Fight/

A knee to your front teeth by a professional fighter while your mouth is hanging open is not a 2 gram BB though...

Comment

For those interested: http://www.jocairsoft.com/forums/top...ss-airsofters/
                        Evidence of a tooth shot out whilst wearing a custom mouthguard. Basically its either a hard plastic/mesh or nothing for me. Anything made of a thick cloth just offers a false sense of security imho as they do little to reduce impact, and actually make you more likely to loose teeth as they make you breathless, so you breath through your mouth more. That said i use a mesh lower every game without fail as i dont want to cover my mouth with my hand everytime i need to talk(£2500 on braces!)

Comment

Interesting, although only thing I would say is his gum shield looked quite thin? Not a thick boxing/mma style shield.

Comment

i was at a site on saturday and saw a guy get his front tooth shot out from about 20 meters away.
                            Glad I'm wearing a lower mesh mask now with my helmet

Comment

I've taken rounds to the gum guard that have made my lip bleed off the ricochet - no broken tooth though!

Sent from outer space
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I took a round to the teeth for the first time after 5 years of playing the other day - from a ~400fps bolty using what I believe to be .30 gram bbs. It shattered on impact leaving shards in my mouth, and I shat myself thinking I lost a tooth!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bearjuuden Find out more about Bearjuuden
                                Working...
                                X