Collapse

why is there always a royal marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: why is there always a royal marine?

Being a regular at Stirling and Tier 1 games i understand the sleep with rifle so please try not to be condescending ,as for the chap in question he may be a nice chap ,im not saying otherwise , but the way he reacted was OTT in my eyes , and no i wouldnt want to cross him either , big bugger

Comment

At the end of the day it's AFGANI!

A= All
      F= F'kin
      G= Gear
      A= And
      N= No
      I= Idea
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft.
      Be Ali.....go on!

Comment

Cant believe that the walt who irritated me enough to start this thread is the dude on the news thread from 22 special needs brigade. At least my bs detectors still work om.

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy76 View Post
          Cant believe that the walt who irritated me enough to start this thread is the dude on the news thread from 22 special needs brigade. At least my bs detectors still work om.
          That's not saying much, Mcevoy wouldn't be able to convince my 90 year old blind and deaf grandmother he was an RM :p
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Mightyjebus i love your signature!
            "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Hi guys
              Great stories reading this thread.As a 30 something that new to all this I cannot understand the mind set at all, why talk utter crap that you cant back up ? I supposed some people make things up to try and add interest to a bland boring life.....not sure if i feel sorry for them or what tbh.

I for one have never served, but I have the utmost respect for all that do. Which brings me to a dilemma I'm having (Brief off topic but relates to this subject)

I picked up some stuff from a guy on e-bay for my loadout (MTP kit) & in that stuff there is a UBACS top with "Royal Marines Commando" badge sown on (I sent him a PM as i was not expecting this & he did indeed serve). my dilemma is that I think the UBACS looks fantastic with the badges on but as I have never served, would I be causing offense by keeping these on ? If asked I'd never dream of claiming something like the fact that I have served anything beyond the cadets when I was 13 lol.

I would just like to know your opinions:

Then back on topic lol

Comment

Down here most used surplus shirts have rmc badges on, it's no big deal. Just don't wear cap badges or rank (unit ids are generally not frowned upon but I wouldn't wear any)...
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                  Down here most used surplus shirts have rmc badges on, it's no big deal. Just don't wear cap badges or rank (unit ids are generally not frowned upon but I wouldn't wear any)...
                  Cheers mate I am just not aware of the customs that come with this sport so dont want to annoy guys on my first skirmish lol

Comment

I think the case in point is, wear whatever you like or physically own. If it has insignia on it, fine. Just don't act as though you are the person whose clothes they once were.

They're only a set of overalls at the end of the day. Admittedly, overalls worn by a potential hero, but the actions committed by the wearer are non transferable.

People wouldn't claim to be a marathon runner if they were 25 stone just because they bought a vest with a number on it off ebay would they?

Mind you, if it was some of the people I've met, they probably would!
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Cheers guys I was thinking this way but I wanted to make sure I was not insulting anyone.

Show respect to the people who deserve it and all that.......

But I'm also learning to loudly take hits & dont pretend to be good when I'm not & expect to get hammered on my first time lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
                        You can tell some aren't in the SASSUPERDELTAFORCEMARINES by the fact they are 5 or 6 stone overweight.... lol
                        Well, on that Channel 4 Documentary on the RM, there are some pretty heavy guys (not talking about the ones in training, more the officers/NCOs involved in their training)

Comment

Probably because they all want to aspire to being Royal Signals but don't want to push so high

Comment

Comment

His Hair! So Beautiful! 0.0

Comment

I suppose I am a walt then.

A walt who didn't have the time to go around the stickers with a fine brush.
                                Who needs brushes when you have rollers.
                                Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                                Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X