Collapse

why is there always a royal marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: why is there always a royal marine?

Originally posted by TheDuckOfDeath View Post
    Or, you know they were only in the TA for 5 minutes, yet post away like they are ex regulars, talking of their time in the army.
    Actually it was 10mins and I left after the bad man shouted at me.
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FPSEngland View Post
      Did I ever tell you chaos about my time in the SAS CIA AOR1 DEVGRU SEALS MARINES 84115 Under 18's unit? I was actually in the Bin laden raid ya know. Went smashing through a window with my akimbo model 1887's etc etc
      Yes you did, and we all believed you, until now...lol
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
        Yes you did, and we all believed you, until now...lol
        Lol. I'm yet to see a walt quite on that level.
        Originally posted by FPSEngland
        The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

I havent met someone claiming to be what they are not as yet, but i cant wait. Its kinda gonna be like Xmas, only funnier and more humiliating.
          Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ovany View Post
            If anyone was at Copehill last weekend then there was a clear reminder of RM /SAS/ SPEC OPPS , when the guy had finished his rant / motivational speech ,there was just one reply from a guy at the the back " W***ER" seemed to put the guy in his place ,most guys who have served keep it to themselves ,and believe in face values ,not open mouthed frothing
            Put who in place? The guy saying W*^*ER or the guy speaking?

Comment

my reply to the people who like to speak complete b.s is "sorry mate call of duty doesn't count"
              sigpic

Comment

• Ovany shed any chance in answering the question dude?

Comment

I think he meant the guy who said "w**ker" put the other guy in his place. Whatever place that may be!

Comment

• Yeah I thought that, the reason I asked was it didn't seem like that was the case to me, so I was trying to work out why he thought that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonezy View Post
                      Yeah I thought that, the reason I asked was it didn't seem like that was the case to me, so I was trying to work out why he thought that?
                      Not sure what he means either, it did not seem like a bright idea to shout that at the 2 genuine ex special forces guys that were there that weekend. I felt it made him look like a bit of an attention seeking twit and I notice he did not take up the invite to come a little closer and repeat what he'd said.
                      Stirling original.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                        Not sure what he means either, it did not seem like a bright idea to shout that at the 2 genuine ex special forces guys that were there that weekend. I felt it made him look like a bit of an attention seeking twit and I notice he did not take up the invite to come a little closer and repeat what he'd said.

I think Spud the ex-forced guy in question didnt seem to understand the concept that he was at an Airsoft event ,and came over a little to much tea and medals for the guy in question who was trying to have a little lighthearted banter ,but to be offered to come around the corner for a "chat / kicked/ rip your foxtrot head off " was .A not very good for customer relations and B doing said ex -forces guy and favours in the im a nice guy really book

Comment

I hear what you are saying buddy, it's just that as I recall, following the safety brief the guy was asking people not to just hose on full auto as it was a milsim adding that in however many years as SF he'd only fired full auto on the ranges. Not sure how this prompted the shout of "w*nker" that the other bloke decided to throw at him as he rapidly departed the scene (perhaps realising it was not a smart thing to do ).

The background of the people involved aside it seemed a strange and at the very least impolite thing to do, and I'm not condoning whatever was said in response but at the end of the day no-one was hurt apart from damage to egos on either side.

Perhaps my judgement is coloured as I have attended training sessions run by one of the ex guys and had a chinwag with the other one in the ops room that weekend and they are both very nice blokes.
                          Stirling original.

Comment

I think the way he came across with the whole " you sleep with you gun , ,it never leaves your side ,ect ect " is what brought on the call from the 54 year old man ,but the guy was a big bugger ,i do think he missed the fact the guy who shouted was playing an insergant , and having a crack at ALL task force , i have to say though as much as the guy is or was serving did he really need to get that point across first , surely being part of the regiment he was in (that i was told ) he may wanted to have kept that to himself ,its not something that one brazenly speaks of is it ?

Comment

You do sleep with your rifle at MilSims. Stand to if you get any engagements in the night time etc. Common sense really :P

And I think I know the chap you're on about, loveliest of blokes, but built like a brick shit house and you would not want to put an ex SF chap of his size, in a bad mood.
                              IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

• I know that kind of chap as well, great guy but you wouldn't want to cross him...

On a weekender a while back a few of my team-mates could be heard loudly questioning whether another team mate of ours worked with a couple of spotty teenagers wearing Royal Marines Commando unit patches on their mtp.

Needless to say they didn't, and looked quite awkward about the whole thing.

Sent from outer space
                                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X