why is there always a royal marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why is there always a royal marine?

I've never been in the army but the marshal at our site had.. Not going to name names but a guy turns up in a green beret one time with all the trimmings. I was like yeah. Looking good fella. Turns out his hole day of saying he was in the marines was a fake. The marshal found out it was his dad or some family member who had served and he was making it up..

It really pisses me off why lie? Maybe it turns them on -.- . I went to a festival this year and took my multicam smock incase the weather went crazy. When I wore it people asked what regiment but I said I'm just an airsofter with a multicam jacket and its cold.
    Some people couldent work out why I would pay for a multicam smock wile its there job to wear one since there regular army. One guy and all his 7 mates couldent work out why I buy multicam and play airsoft when they do it and get paid... That I can't really answer other than I needed some excitement in my life.
    And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

Originally posted by Commandoo View Post
      I've never been in the army but the marshal at our site had.. Not going to name names but a guy turns up in a green beret one time with all the trimmings. I was like yeah. Looking good fella. Turns out his hole day of saying he was in the marines was a fake. The marshal found out it was his dad or some family member who had served and he was making it up..

It really pisses me off why lie? Maybe it turns them on -.- . I went to a festival this year and took my multicam smock incase the weather went crazy. When I wore it people asked what regiment but I said I'm just an airsofter with a multicam jacket and its cold.
      Some people couldent work out why I would pay for a multicam smock wile its there job to wear one since there regular army. One guy and all his 7 mates couldent work out why I buy multicam and play airsoft when they do it and get paid... That I can't really answer other than I needed some excitement in my life.
      So you dont have any other waterproof jacket/coat? Come on! Call me cynical but you wear a multican smock (which, to the average person looks like the new camo) and expect people not to comment? You clearly knew it would get a reaction. It's a bit like those people who "forget" to take off drop legs etc after a game then pop into McDonald's after and think the girls will love it.
      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Anyone else ex-Royal Air Force. Me and my mate were players of war we don't usually play there anyways. this guy was sitting on top of a picnic bench telling these dipsticks who believed him. he told us he was in the us airforce and was involved in the Gulf War operation package Q he told carried on boasting about how he shot down five aircraft.
        So using my test I asked him what aircraft he had flewn he told me EF-111
        (Test 1 failed) The EF-111s were used as air to surface so people that means he flew a bomber which in its history has only shot down one other aircraft however this maverick manages to shoot down 5 .
        I then feeling the need to embarrass this guy more i asked what he thought about the AMXD (what pilots piss in mid mission) he replied yeah it's not bad but I prefer to use the sidewinder (a f**ckin missile) Inside I was about to scream out at him but and transferred it into laughter he was like what and I explained to everyone all the bs he had told.

Comment

Technically the EF111 was an electronic warfare plane and unarmed - isn't google great!
          Don't have to be RAF to know that.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah only 1 airborne victory

Comment

Those who truly have been in the forces ( Para's, SAS etc. ) will not talk about it. Unless they know you personally and then not talk too much about it, they certainly won't brag and B.S. So if someone is, just smile, roll your eyes and walk away. They soon stop pretending.
              sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                i had a lad looked about 15-16 come up to me at the weekender i had a parachute regiment tee on and i noticed he had a 2 para flash on his dpm smock then he went on to tell me he was in 1 para (SFSG) and he was 16...... ORYLY? think he got abit embaressed infront of his little group when i said that dosent make sense
                Ho Ho!

I just read this post again and after he was outed as a Walt and general lying tit, can only assume someone was walking towards him with a mirror. As this post describes him to a tee!
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                  Ho Ho!

I just read this post again and after he was outed as a Walt and general lying tit, can only assume someone was walking towards him with a mirror. As this post describes him to a tee!

Pure airsoft gold

http://youtu.be/gSq8ZBdSxNU
                  sigpic

Comment

What always makes me laugh is the way these idiots look so serious when telling their porkies, then when you see the life pour out of them when ousted. Last year my uncle (ex-forces - 60 now) was with me, some idiot was whining on and on about his regiment, so my uncle said do you remember that colonel's daughter, "wing nut", the bloke eventually walked out mumbling and we all laughed.
                    sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

• Re: why is there always a royal marine?

Originally posted by Chewybacka View Post
                      What always makes me laugh is the way these idiots look so serious when telling their porkies, then when you see the life pour out of them when ousted. Last year my uncle (ex-forces - 60 now) was with me, some idiot was whining on and on about his regiment, so my uncle said do you remember that colonel's daughter, "wing nut", the bloke eventually walked out mumbling and we all laughed.
                      Of course, I had it tough on my tour to Basra, this one time, the Americans didn't bring us any of that strawberry fanta or flavoured coffee compliment sachets with the trays of muffins. It was hard going, didn't think we were going to make it through till lunch time. I called in some ground support, and the lads came good. The fanta wasn't too cold, but it was effective.
                      Don't like to talk about it much though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                        Of course, I had it tough on my tour to Basra, this one time, the Americans didn't bring us any of that strawberry fanta or flavoured coffee compliment sachets with the trays of muffins. It was hard going, didn't think we were going to make it through till lunch time. I called in some ground support, and the lads came good. The fanta wasn't too cold, but it was effective.
                        Don't like to talk about it much though.
                        You should have called in the seal's, they have plenty of puppy fat, slowly stewed they make a great broth.

Comment

Basra could be fun now and again. this is an accommodation block hit with a 122mm rocket. 5 mates inside and all just minor injuries. I was lucky as i was 6 meters from the blast and my kevlar t shirt, shorts and flip flops saved me.

As for walts I've only met one. He was a yank and served in the US marines but left because of bad knees (probably from carrying around his huge belly).
                          Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
                            Basra could be fun now and again. this is an accommodation block hit with a 122mm rocket. 5 mates inside and all just minor injuries. I was lucky as i was 6 meters from the blast and my kevlar t shirt, shorts and flip flops saved me.

As for walts I've only met one. He was a yank and served in the US marines but left because of bad knees (probably from carrying around his huge belly).
                            Hang about?

That's just a picture of my shed! Yes, it's a little "Unkempt" but to suggest it's like a war zone? Come on! I promised the wife I'd tidy it up when the kids go back to school.
                            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

you see that metal, round thing at the right hand side of the picture? that was a boiler which exploded throwing scalding hot water everywhere as well. Luckily most of it missed everyone and it even failed to extinguish the fire that had started.

The funny thing was after the rocket struck the AEGIS medics were first on the scene and quickly treated the guys before bundling them into an armoured wagon and taking them to the med centre for further treatment. after everyone had left for the med centre the military eventually turned up, flashing blue lights and all, to treat the wounded and deal with the aftermath. The lead guy says to me "don't worry, we are hear and we'll sort it out. Where are the wounded?"

"Yeah mate sorry but we've got them all in hospital already and put out the fire, there's not a lot left for you guys to do..."
                              Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                                Hang about?

That's just a picture of my shed! Yes, it's a little "Unkempt" but to suggest it's like a war zone? Come on! I promised the wife I'd tidy it up when the kids go back to school.
                                Any chance renting your shed ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X