Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most awkward in game moments

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
    Flanking an outpost on its blind spot, to do this I had to walk through a small winding river that was no deeper than to my ankles and in goretex boots I was fortunate enough to be high and dry. Upon approaching the outpost the river opened up into a wider puddle which loked no deeper than what I was already standing in. Turns out it was a quagmire and as soon as i took my first two steps I sunk to the hips in sludge. Now the first instinct wasn't get the feck out, more like IS THE GUN OK? PUT IT RIGHT ABOVE YOU! Upon throwing my gun to the side I realised I couldnt actually get out and had to have two of my laughing buddies pull me out. I stunk like shite for the rest of the day and I was literally brown from the waist down.
    Had a similar incident on my first skirmish...

Flanked around The Mangroves, stepped into what I presumed to be a puddle and sunk to just below my waist.

Initial thoughts, after getting the borrowed M14 above my head, where that despite the cold, the water repellence of my ripstop DPMs and boots where quite surprising.... That was until the cold made it's way through two layers and onto my 'nads!

Sharp gasp, weird noise, bb to the neck, long walk back with soggy feet.
    Originally posted by andre the giant
    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

At the uprising just gone entered a room cleared it holsterd my pistol sild into the next room under a small gap right into a room with one of the other side went to draw my pistol and noticed it was lay on the floor in the other room.....holster fail......he looked at me and just said ...unlucky mate ......
      sigpic

He Who Fights With Monsters Might Take Care Lest He Thereby Become A Monster

Comment

i was playing at GZW as delta we were in the village and some guy got a bravo at about 5 metres .Then this guy that got wanderes off down the path and starts taking off his trolleys i was piing my self laughing soo funny

cheers,Dom
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 14 August, 2010, 07:43.

Comment

Yesterday at GZW was a rather big fail and embarressing,
          I was on a ledge about to ambush 'the nest' where the enemy flag was, half of my team behind me on the other side of the bank and im so close to being hit with ricocheting bb's from my own team, a small group of 4 decide to come help me assualt, as we do i get in gun down about 3 people and take cover as i realise im out of ammo. They all retreated with the flag and left me and over the other side of the wall of wood were 2 people from delta about to reclaim their base. standing up i proceed to point my gun at the one hiding directly on the other side of the wall and tell him to surrender, and he did, but to my horror another guy was to my left, so i duck and wait for him to lean over. he never did. so yet again i jump up and shoot him extremely close to his... family jewels. Just for the marshal to say "You should both be out. either one of you could have shot each other". Im fairly sure the guy i had just hit knew it lol.
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

i was mid fire fight and ran from my cover to some more cover whilst firing mid run my gun fell in half (i forgot to tighten the screws from the night before)
            fair to say the wasnt much i could do
            TAE

Comment

the lens fell out of my glasses during the first game of the night at urban assault..... didnt notice untill the whistle blew and i came out, went to wipe them and the frame was hanging open..... went back into the area i was in while everyone was regassing their mags for the next round and managed to find it after 5 minutes with a torch, still intact... played the rest of the night with black insulation tape over half the the lens to hold it in place.... (taped the other lens as well just incase it was gonna happen to the other one....) the fellas with me couldnd belive i found it, let alone in one piece :p

Comment

Originally posted by Canonfodder View Post
                the lens fell out of my glasses during the first game of the night at urban assault..... didnt notice untill the whistle blew and i came out, went to wipe them and the frame was hanging open..... went back into the area i was in while everyone was regassing their mags for the next round and managed to find it after 5 minutes with a torch, still intact... played the rest of the night with black insulation tape over half the the lens to hold it in place.... (taped the other lens as well just incase it was gonna happen to the other one....) the fellas with me couldnd belive i found it, let alone in one piece :p

Lucky you left with both eyes as well! Haha.

Mine isn't a moment specific to myself, but I think a widely experienced and common awkwardness.

A mil simmer who takes it upon himself to start dishing out roles and orders to regulars and those who do it just for a laugh. The moment where he's yelling and everyone else is thinking the same thing.... Duck Orf!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  Lucky you left with both eyes as well! Haha.
                  their my normal seeing glasses, i was wearing a rental full face mask at the time... :p

Comment

Originally posted by Canonfodder View Post
                    their my normal seeing glasses, i was wearing a rental full face mask at the time... :p
                    Ah! Phew!

Comment

At CS woodland i tore the rear of my trousers in the woods, with no spare pairs i decided to carry on throughout the day =-S Whoops.
                      not only that but it was no rentals so all i had to use was my 2 pistols (failing to charge the mags properly also was embarassing)
                      Thank goodness for boxer shorts =)

Comment

Me and my mate were sneaking through a forest really stealthily behind the enemy team when all of a sudden my mate sneezed! What came after that really hurt!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KI-WI It's me! Find out more about KI-WI
                        Working...
                        X