Your First Ever Contact With Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your First Ever Contact With Airsoft

One fateful Christmas holiday, chatting to my friend over skype about anything...
    Came across some youtube videos and decided it looked awesome. So we found a place to skirmish, and a website to buy from... and the rest is as they say, history

Comment

Re: Your FIRST EVER CONTACT WITH AIRSOFT!!!

Originally posted by N3ADS View Post
      1995 gunmart enough said
      tm mp5 aeg's where going for 300 quid now look at them
      Christ N3ADS! Now you're talking. I remember getting my first TM MP5 from "Battle Orders" in the mid 90's via a number on the back of an old Soldier mag I used to get. Was about £300-350 if I remember right. Also bought a kit from Beatties of a Magnum .44 (Dirty Harry) in the late 80's with my birthday money.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

i was into air rifles from a very early age...at 11 years old or something like that...all the lads in my local area used to run around the streets playing TAG,or any game where we had to throw or fire something at each other, eg water bombs or pearl barley pee shooters, bits of paper with pins in them...anyway my best friend had a daisey winchester bb gun,and i borrowed it off him as i was defending the base,he was on the other team...came running past me and i shot him in the chest with his own gun!! hes quite tough and only went ouch....and laughed.....but hes still got the scar.....about 27 years later....
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by N3ADS View Post
          1995 gunmart enough said
          tm mp5 aeg's where going for 300 quid now look at them
          I remember those days I remember a picture of a Steyr AUG with a big scope on it and thinking "Yes! I need that!" I've probably got some of those early gun marts knocking about from about 98-2002

I've always been into wargames and shooting things, since about 5 years old I've had toy guns and camo gear... I got into airsoft when I was 14, used to walk home from school with friends we went through town one day and passed "Target Technics" there was an advert in the window that said "BB guns £6 each or 3 for £15" We were really excited and ran straight in. Being a responsible fella he wouldn't sell them to us, so we took home some leaflets. I told my mum and we took her down at the weekend it turns out the deal was for springers that had been returned with some faults, so not all of then worked, some were missing mags etc. We weren't too bothered we just knew we had to have them. We bought two S&W M645's and a Desert Eagle between the three of us.

One of the M645's worked the others didn't. a few hours tinkering and we had three workers

Another friend at school allready had a bit of a collection going and became our resident arms dealer. As we couldn't buy ammo in the shop he'd sell it to us at 1p per bb!

We kept returning to the shop and started buying new guns, I got my first four NBB pistols by the time I was sixteen, and a few mini electrics before I got my first AEG.

Our first skirmishes were in my back garden with springers and mini electrics wearing swimming goggles and "liberated" science goggles

First proper experience was at Ambush Strines when they first started doing airsoft games. Never looked back since.
          CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

Was in a Religious Studies lesson, about two years ago >_< I was aware of the concept of Airsoft and had watched several skirmish videos on Youtube. I was talking to a guy I was sat with (who I didn't really like at the time) and somehow he ended up mentioning that he played airsoft. It's just grown from there, and we're great friends now :D

Comment

Changed schools. Became good mates with a chap named Pete, he told me about it. Popped back to his one lunch time & annihilated his pillow with his TM M16/M203. From that second on, I was like "I WANT!".
              Tagged along to a game & rented a TM G3A4 with the battery taped to the fore-grip lol.
              really liked the gun though & not long after I purchased a second hand TM SG/1. That thing was my baby. Had it for about 4 years. Lost the bug a bit as at that time there weren't that many sites to play at & the one I did play at, closed down.
              Revived the hobby about 6 months later when I drooled over a TM SPAS 12 on Zero one & thought Meh, I'll get it for the fun of it lol. Started playing at a new site with only me shotgun for about a year & a half, then TM released the G36c around the time I joined the army, bought one. . . . . .

. . . . Just realised the question was how did you START airsoft lol. Bloody rambling!!!
              Originally posted by The Laughing Man
              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

In 1985 when I was 11 my dad brought an old rundown pub in the middle of nowhere. Down in the cellar my brother and I found an old BSA Meteor Air Rifle, we soon realised we could load them with biro and colouring pen inserts. Once we got a second gun war had begun...The walls in our house didn't fare too well though :-)

Comment

Early 2008. My friend who I've played with since introduced me to it. Who knows how he found it... lol He played one or two games before I joined in. It didn't take long for me to buy a gun and kit and I've been going since!
                  Davey - GZU Player Since '08

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
                    I joined the army

Respect man.
                    Davey - GZU Player Since '08

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Evilllamas I'm 15... love airsoft, and have no money. Find out more about Evilllamas
                    Working...
                    X