Hmm fighting invincible players now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hmm fighting invincible players now

Last Ground zero game I was defending the village from Deltas in the afternoon. I was sat just in the bushes overlooking the path and taking down the Delta teams as they came up the path on my left.

The first team of 5 young lads all took their hits beautifully, as did the next team of 10 (or rather those I actually hit did). So I'm left engaged to these four or five deltas.

I then spotted a couple of them sneaking up on my 12, through the nushes the other side of the path. I have very little cover from them and so made them my priority.

Watched them sneak through and waited for an utterly clear shot. Bang, doube tap on both of them. They proceded to run directly away from me as I was peppering their backs and then legs with ammo, as did Trust, who was sitting a few metres along the path to my right. But to no avail, they dropped behind cover and I'm now pinned from dealing with the deltas on the path.

After a quick shout of "C'mon guys I clearly hit you!" I proceded to call myself out (which I was not happy about considering what a good spot I was in), and talked to them. After showing them where I was sitting and how obvious it was that I'd hit them they agreed and apologised, and I apologised for shouting. Still very annoying that I had to send myself out of the game and missed TreadStone's and the Ranger's village defence, which I'd have loved to have been more of a part of.

Comment

Re: Hmm fighting invincible players now

Had an encounter yesterday. Bunch of lads between 15-17 had come up for a birthday or something. About 14 in total, got split up so they had the pleasure of shooting each other.

After a morning of the reg's gettin a tad annoyed at these little gits for blattant cheating, i got this little corker.

Spotted an AK poking from behind this tree, and new there was a load of oppositioin on my right hand side, i had to move to the direction this gun was pointing.
      As i moved i could see his face, and a bit of leg. And being nice, i shot him 3 times in the legs. he flinched, looked around, started firing on my position. so...bein a tad annoyed, and being at about 40 metres, i thought ill pop him in the hand, the bb skipped off a twig and clipped this lad in his left cheek, he yelped, nearly snapped his neck from flinchin, then started to fire at me!!

So i thought 'Cheeky little sod', and moved from my position, and went tactical, got about 20 metres from him and unleashed about 10 round bursts into his legs. He definately felt that one!!
      Originally posted by Artekus
      It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

people who dont take their hits!

just had a skirmish today, my 1st one in a long time and i was really looking forward to it. 3 of us were in the woods pinned down by 2 people in a elevated window. we spilt up and tryed to flank them. i had my scoped a&k druganov, me mate had a minimi support weapon and me other mate had a scar with ugl.
        i had at least 5 shots on each of their heads (you could hear them say ouch lol), then we must have put a good fewhundred rounds at them with the minimi and a few shots form the launcher but still no people going to the dead zone.

it really does bug me because al the rest of our team take honest hits (myself included) and a few ppl ruin the game for everyone.

sorry for the rant lol
        dan

Comment

Re: people who dont take their hits!

i agree
          i always take my hits unless i dont feel them
          Originally posted by parky
          If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

did you do anything about it? tell a marshal, go over and talk with them?

Comment

if in doubt call out
              Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
              Seriously.... WTH?
              Tenth Prestige!
              http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
              http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

Five head shots on each? Really?....

Comment

yea head/ neck area and still werent taking hits. it was at fairly close range so theres no way they didnt realise. we use a small paintball site so there no marshalls watchin us.

Comment

i think marshals are key in these instances.

most important, a good marshal setting strict ground rules before each game day.

i think it helps remind people not to be tw*ts when it comes to not calling hits. you'll always get some people not calling them, but i think it helps if the marshals make it clear that whoever gets caught not calling hits will be hounded out of the site.
                    Old Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38309

Comment

Teflon coated players really grip my s*** !

Im the first to agree that sometimes, especially when players are in deep cover, it is difficult to tell wether you have been hit cleanly or if it was a riccochet but week in week out I have to endure players refusing to take their hits !

Im known for only carrying and using real limits in my lo-cap mags, something I choose to do, but in the last few years I have taken to carrying one hi-cap known by one and all as my "Cheat Mag". If a player refuses to take their hits out comes the lo-cap and in goes the biggie which is then either emptied into said player or used till they finally man up and leave the field.

About 4 years ago the problem became a real concern, causing me to stop attending quite a few of my regular sites. Why should cheats be allowed to spoil everyones enjoyment ?

Good marshalling is vital on large sites. Not only to maintain the continuity of a days play but also to make sure the people paying for the day have the best time possible. I applaud sites where cheats are brought to task ! On several of the better sites a player gets 1 chance. They are spoken to and it is explained that a repeat will cause them to be asked to leave and told not to bother coming back ! Be honest how many times have you spoken to other Airsofters and heard storys about this player or that team continually refusing to play fair ? Word spreads and once your name is out there as someone who bends the rules you will find it very hard to be taken seriously at a site again. Self policing works believe me.

Airsoft has always been played to the Honour Code. You take your hits no arguments. Thats what makes the game special !
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 March, 2010, 07:49. Reason: text type
                      "Momento Te Esse Mortalium"
                      "Im not FAT.....Im HUSKY"

Comment

If they don't call hit, keep firing. If you have a real issue with it, tell the marshalls. As a marshall myself it gets on my tits when I read in threads AFTER the fact people complaining about teflon tommie's not taking hits. You don't tell us, we can't do s***.

As a player however, if someone is clearly ignoring hits, I get closer, and aim for the tender parts.
                        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 March, 2010, 07:51.
                        Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                        you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                        eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                          As a player however, if someone is clearly ignoring hits, I get closer, and aim for the tender parts.
                          If only it was that simple. When you've spent half an hour either waiting for them to come to you, or creeping into position then, when you take the only chance you're going to get, they just shrug off the hits, there's nothing you can do. Can't exactly tell a marshal that a guy wearing DPM and carrying an M4 didn't take hit hits unless you're close enough (or able) to get a tag number, which is very rarely in woodland games.
                          sigpic

Comment

In those instances, I stop playing, and go over to ID the player. On sites I am not a marshall, it's to ensure my report to a marshal is not 'A guy behind a tree in camo with a gun', and on home turf, it's to be sure who I am gonna reccomend for a ban. There ain't s*** else you can do unfortunately. If only we (marshals) could carry real ammo, and ensure hit dodgers take their hits. :D
                            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 March, 2010, 07:50. Reason: language

Comment

I heard of an interesting event at last years NAE, from my teammate who witnessed it firsthand. Him and another guy were being sneaky gits and had got behind a few delta guys of whom one stayed back as the others moved off, the two guys them took a shot and hit him square in the back (he was not wearing any sort of vest to stop him feeling the hit), he turned around had a look, saw noone a turned back and went to catch up with his mates, at which point he is shot again, turns lets off a burst of auto in random directions and starts running off to his mates. The guy that was with my teammate had a baseball cap in his gear along with a high vis, dropped his gear and gun put these on and went and had a word with the guy. Now not exactly sporting but im sure the guy not taking his hits took every one there after.

Comment

LOL, aye that's what I mean, if they are clearly at it, go and have a word. I've even ignored hits from players (waved at them too to let them know I felt it) and stayed in game till the **** I've been hitting finally takes it, THEN have a SERIOUS word!! Only do that as a player marshall though, and immediately call hit as soon as the offender does, as well as ignoring every other target but them till the situation is resolved.
                                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 March, 2010, 07:48. Reason: language

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

johnthunder Find out more about johnthunder
                                Working...
                                X