Hmm fighting invincible players now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: people who dont take their hits!

personally, in your situation scatter, i would just walk away, that would really make them p*****, go and start a different game. like hunt down the invincibles.

Im having my first ever skirm on sat at TWA, as a newbie i'll be looking out for this, pitty the fool eh!, ive just given up smoking so.....mood unpredictable.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 March, 2010, 07:48. Reason: language
    sigpic
    www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
    www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

Just be sure to keep that mood in check srosefx, as the marshalls don't like agressive players any more than cheats, and as a 'trying to give up' myself, I know how my moods can swing.
      Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
      you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
      eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Yep I can speak on aggressiveness first hand. I lost it with some cheats at the Mall in November. Even though my son is a marshall there I still earned myself a ban for being too aggressive and losing my rag. Ban is now up (ran till this month) so now got to watch my p's and qs or next one is a permanet one. Any moral of the story is Marshals are there for a reason use them, as taking the law into your own hands is just as bad as the cheats
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I seem to recall having this convo with you before jfox.

Comment

yeah I think we did lol. Now i just got to be a good boy lol
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Stay on the tablets my friend, you'll be fine. :p

Comment

Re: Hmm fighting invincible players now

See we have the opposite problem - one shot "I can't have missed" cowboys. Normally I put about 5-6 rounds at someone in a tight burst, and as I now run tracers I can see all the fun of shots swerving over shoulders or clipping off something minor in the way. Some people however fire one shot, and instead of following it up with a couple more for good luick instead go straight to the cheat calling.

At first I was paranoid that it was hitting the tac vest and I wasn't feeling it, so I stopped running it, and still got the "I hit you calls".
                So then I ran just a long sleeve T-Shirt (which the ones that hit really hurt) and STILL got it. Now either I have intermitant pain receptors which switch from long range shots blooming hurting to close range shots not being felt, or they're not hitting.

Worst was a week ago, I was wearing the worlds thinnest shirt, nothing under it, nothing over it and a guy jusmps out about a meter away and shoots. Nothing. So I shoot him instead and think nothing of it, take the swag and leg it.
                Guy calls the marshalls (I even check for welts just in case), so as good gesture give half the swag back.
                Unfortunately for me, because this guy is "awesome at airsoft" there's no way he missed. Not at all. I must be cheating. That's the only option, because after all every time he pulls the trigger it's a 100% kill shot, so I have to suffer being bad mouthed to his entire team for the entire rest of the night (despite him later sitting outside our spawn point firing in, when there was no firing in or out of spawn points)
                sigpic

Comment

I remember one game where a guy honestly beleives hr was Rambo or something. Decided to single handedly try and attack our base (as you do) but truely beleives he had killed everyone and not taken a single hit himself. In his defense though, he was wearing thick, thick clothing as well as a tac vest with more stuff in it than my house so probably didn't feel a thing. Funniest moment what when he told us he knows one of the marshalls and if we didn't take our hits we would be kicked off site, and when I say we he meant our entire team!!!

Comment

AHH i see your problem now its the fact that your all forgetting about the modern warfare 2 uber airsoft god mode :D silly you!
                    |JG G36K|G&P Magpul M4 Sentry|Kalash AKS-74M|Warrior L96|TM MK .23 SOCOM|TM Samurai Edge Jill Valentine Edition|CYMA Glock 18C|

Comment

Got to be honest, did seriously think about giving airsoft up due to these people, absolutely pointless in playing if you don't take your hits, have met some really good lads who feel the same way, but, not going to let them beat me.

Comment

[QUOTE=TheHunter;338122]I remember one game where a guy honestly beleives hr was Rambo or something. Decided to single handedly try and attack our base (as you do) but truely beleives he had killed everyone and not taken a single hit himself.QUOTE]

You do get them don't you, at my local site we've ditched the "bang-kill" rule (which got abused) in favour of "surrender"; you can ask a target to surrender if you've a loaded functional weapon pionted at them, it's their choise wether that do on not.

Anyway all this is explained (at lenght) in the safety brief, in the very first game some clown jumps into the main bunker and asks 6, yes 6 spaced out players to surrender; when four of them turned around and wasted him, he took the right hump and stomped out out of game calling everyone else cheats.

Just dont figure does it
                        sigpic

Comment

Thing is, we live in a rather "health and safety" obsessed country (in know, i work in a leisure center) and it rubs off onto our sport. I come from the paintball scene and airsoft make us look like thugs with the joule rating a paintball gun puts out. And the whole "but paintballs are big.....they break.....dissipate energy....blah blah" doesnt work either as they dont always break (winter, bad balls etc) and when one of those hits you, may as well have just been hit by a brick!! But we just get on with it.

In airsoft we seem to be chasing our tales. Airsoft players are generally younger and thus they (and parents) dont want to go home covered in welts, so we lower the fps and rise engagement distances. Fine. But then they come on site covered and tac gear....WHAT!! That and i play as a sniper most of the time (as i did in paintball), and is it just me or can upgraded AEG's out gun snipers most the time.

My personal opinion is FPS limits could quite easily be raised a little without making the sport dangerous. Rules are already enforced well at most sites these days so shouldnt be much of a problem.

I hear you jester, makes no sense. But i sometimes wonder weather the sport attracts "the wrong type" if you know what i mean. I went to one game and a fairly large group of lads turned up. I questioned their presence the moment they decided to start their own little battle in the parking lot. No eyewear on (no surprise), no appropriate clothing, all in hoodies and white trainers and clearly no consideration for peoples vehicles.

Comment

I was at GZ Woodland one time, and I've not been Airsoft all that much, but I saw a... Well lets say BIG teammate behind a bush with BB's flying off him! I asked him, why aren't you taking your hits? He replied: Because they can't see them hit me!!! Bloody cheek! I then replied, if you don't take their hits, you'll be taking mine!

I dislike cheaters -.-
                            Colt M4 RIS Solid Stock

Army Armament R27 M.E.U.

Comment

T'other day I was plinking in the garden with my cheap, but fun to use, DE shotty. One round from a shot of three hit the wall at the bottom of the garden and ricocheted straight back at me. It hit me on the arm, and I felt it through a thick jumper. It didn't hurt, because I'm right hard but I certainly felt it.

Now, if I felt that one hit from that distance, after a ricochet, from a cheap, average powered springer, the cheating buggers can't tell us they can't feel half a hi-cap straight in the bum/neck/arm/face/wherever, can they? And if they say they can't feel it, they can have some more to see if they can.

It's different to genuinely not feeling a hit. Even the fairest player in the world is going to miss one or two occasionally, either because of where they hit or just because the adrenaline kicks in, or it's very noisy, or whatever. I've no problems with a fair player missing the odd hit, bacause it will be a very rare thing. But denial of two quid's worth of round plastic straight up your bum is cheating. It's like nicking the bank in Monopoly when nobody is looking. Eventually they will be in a game where hit taking won't happen at all, because they'll be playing with themselves.

And we know what people who play with themselves are called.

Comment

Depends on a number of things. There are most certainly players out there who refuse to take hits, and it frustrates me. Though, it does depend where they are hit, and the distance. Beyond around 15m a bb's exponential decelleration increases dramatically.

In English: at 15m you might very well feel a positive hit from a bb, and may even sting a tad. At 19m however (only 4m more) the impact energy could be a lot less and you may even struggle to notice. All round spheres have an optimum velocity (different from terminal) where the weight and drag coefficient ballence out. If it is launched beyound that, it's decelleration will be imense until it reaches near that optimum velocity. That's why AEGs seem to almost be able to compete with sniper, as the starting velocity is less (usualy).

Anyway my point is, at a certain range it becomes less of "feeling" your hits and mor "hearing" hits of your clothing. After all, why should players be aiming for specific body parts just to guarantee an opfor will take their hits?

Funny old world huh!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

johnthunder Find out more about johnthunder
                                Working...
                                X