Hmm fighting invincible players now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hmm fighting invincible players now

Someone was saying they took a hit when a leaf fell on them, lol. I've done the same as well but it wasn't a leaf - just ricochet BB's. I have no problem taking my hits since the whole thing is for fun and it's just plain sportsmanship. Hiding in some of the places Hiding in some of the places I was ducking behind it got hard to tell when I was showered by gun fire just how many of the BB's bouncing off me were ricochet shots and how many were actual direct hits so to be on the safe side and so the shooter/s don't feel cheated I called it out as a Hit.

I had no problem with it at all really but I think it would be nice though that if I did ignore a hit, either cause I mistook it for a ricochet or if I simply didn't feel it, then they can just say to me that they did hit me. Be better than having them annoyed the rest of the day thinking I totally ignored their hit and them out to shoot me in the face as revenge.
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

TBH I always take my hits , sometimes you can't tell if it was a direct hit or a ricochet so better play on the safe side.
      Usually I'm glad of a 5 min break and a sit down in the deadzone as I'm an old git :D
      Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

+1 Dorsettrooper. I have taken hits when no one has been firing at me as I am knackered. I think Beef has it in one as well.

But I can tell you one person who I know take 100% of their hits. My wife. She has taken hits when I know they were richochets and I have told her so. But she takes them anyway just in case they weren't.

I wish was as honest as she is. I think most people though are guilty once or twice of not taking a hit. Whether out of retaliation for someone elses teflonism (real word?) or just thinking "maybe that was a richochet as it wasn't very powerful".

Let him that has not cheated cast the first bb.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Yeah that was me Ammo. In the heat of the battle, rounds pounding close to you anything that hit's you in your mind has to be a bb. As i said the people shooting me thought they were ranging 30 or so feet short. But the sheer amount or rounds coming toward me probably made my decision to call hit an easy one. I've also called hit's when people have just pointed at me and not shot. If you have the drop on me and i don't have time to react i won't bother trying. Obviously this would be close quarter. If you are 80+ feet away then i'd fancy my chances and have a go

Comment

i popped into a room and shot three guys the other day, but none of them took it. i was sure i got one guy, but didn't want to argue with them all, so i declared myself hit and told one of them that he was too. he said he didn't feel it, but i pointed out that he had a really baggy hoodie on, but that i definately saw them bounce off him. he took it properly and we both left the game.
            sometimes a polite word is all you need. but only if you're absolutely sure you got that person.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Originally posted by casshern View Post
              sometimes a polite word is all you need. but only if you're absolutely sure you got that person.
              Agreed, at least for some people at least. If I ignore a hit simply because I didn't feel it or because I thought it bounced off something before hitting me then I'd welcome the shooter or even someone who may have seen otherwise (marshal, team mate or someone on the opposite team) to let me know and I'd gladly take the hit. As Dorsettrooper said, that 5 min break comes in handy and if you're using real/low caps (as I will be when I play next) then it'll be a good chance to reload (or gas up mags) the mags.

I think it's just some people who take the whole thing way out of proportion and will refuse to take the hit either just out of ignorance or plan stupidity.
              Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
              Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

This Sunday gone we was playing a game where we had to assault a helicopter which was alot of fun.
                There was 3 people left on the other team and they was all sat inside the heli so i opened fired with my M60 and i could see the BBs bouncing around in there and not one of them was taking there hits .

Finally 2 of them got shot out and the final guy was putting up a good fight so i dropped my M60 and pulled out a borrowed Glock26 and ran up behind the chopper went to shoot the guy when i saw a 1911 poking out the hole point blank and the guy shot but nothing came out so i took the hit any way all for the fact if that was real life my head would be splattered all over the tree behind me o.o

As i walked off i got congratulated by one of the marshals for taking the hit ^.^
                Hate.
                "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
                  Of course its only n00bish kids who never take hits, it would never be the honourable elite of guys with full kit and million pound guns. I also like how anyone who posts on any airsoft form has never cheated, ever.

Last game I played, the worst offenders were one group of tooled-up visitors from abroad (Korea or Taiwan..something like that). They had all the kit, matching uniforms etc etc and were repeatedly ignoring blatant hits. Numerous complaints about them all day. Three amusing things happened to them: we were in some buildings and one of them was standing in a clearing, apparently oblivious to how much he stuck out, various of us had popped him but he was just ignoring the hits (it was fairly long range, maybe 50/60m), so we all gathered together took aim and on the count of 3 hosed him. Must have been about 8 of us all shooting him at the same time. Even after that we had to shout at him to leave! Next, these Asian guys were on my side. I was lying on the ground with the scope fitted to my AK, lining up to spray a sniper hiding in a bush and just as I open fire (eye to scope) these Asian guys strole right across my line of fire like they're on a picnic. Lots of friendly shot arses at about 5m range and screaming jumping about. Funny. Lastly a capture-the-flag type round and one of these guys goes steaming into a building and gets hosed by one of the opposition from fairly close range. For some reason he takes exception to this (I guess it hurt..), rips his glasses off and starts shouting in his own language. We all shout at him to put his glasses on.
                  Seriously, what a bunch of muppets.
                  I know the game organisers had some pretty harsh words with them.
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 23 April, 2010, 09:29.

Comment

It does my head in when players dont take their hits. Me and the rest of the team just go full auto if they dont take their hits but still there are one or two that just ignore it. May be we should start charging people for waisting our ammo? :0)

Comment

It's three options I find.

1) rentagun's who don't know any better, or kids who do know better but are too used to getting away with it (same difference).

2) Arrogant folk who couldn't possibly have been hit by you, noob. They knew you were there, they were just giving you a sporting chance, that doesn't mean you had a clean shot...

3) Disgruntled people who've already experienced some form of cheating that day.

The pre-game chat at GZW a couple of games back was great, because it pinned this down completely. Cheating spreads. Rumours and grumbles permeate the game and before you know it there's bad blood in the game. Much of it is superfluous, making a mountain out of a molehill and all, and even more is just misunderstandings. But ultimately, the solution seems to be the same in every case - shoot them some more. It's fun, and it's fair.

Unless they're mute and have no arms, in which case they need some sort of national recognition and/or medal for still playing airsoft.
                      "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

Originally posted by Waco475 View Post
                        But ultimately, the solution seems to be the same in every case - shoot them some more. It's fun, and it's fair.
                        This is exactly the way I see it, dont complain just keep shooting, If they truly are invincible find another target.

Why get angry, we play to relieve stress not to gain it
                        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by cornishpotshot View Post
                          I was playing at gz woodland a couple of weeks back, defending the burrows, and was trying to shoot this guy, although I was having to almost mortar fire to hey near him, he fired a flat burst at me, all of which dropped abot 3-4m in front of me, I fired back and he called himself out. I turned away, while he walks up to me, and says in quite a nice manner "you mate are hit" to which I reply that he was dropping short, and the rest of the guys in my barricade can vouch for that, so he just walks off grumpily. While he resolved it in a nice enough manner, I felt a little annoyed atthe fact that he thought I had to have been hit just because he fired at me.
                          This is exactly how the regulars were at my old airsoft site, you could fire everything you had + grenades and they would they would only take hits about 30% of the time simply because they wanted to be seen as the best. I'm not saying im perfect but when i know for sure ive been hit i take it. I mean its only a game at the end of the day cant understand why people dont just take the hit and move on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

johnthunder Find out more about johnthunder
                          Working...
                          X