Hmm fighting invincible players now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hmm fighting invincible players now

Of course its only n00bish kids who never take hits, it would never be the honourable elite of guys with full kit and million pound guns. I also like how anyone who posts on any airsoft form has never cheated, ever.

Who am I kidding. The worst cheaters are the guys with full camo, vests, thigh rigs, tooled up M4s, operator caps, the whole lot. I am literally sickened by these sorts of players as every time I've encountered one they've cheated like a bastard while simultaneously throwing a fit at me because I didn't go out from half a mile away.

The wonders of different experiences I guess.
    - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
    - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
      Of course its only n00bish kids who never take hits, it would never be the honourable elite of guys with full kit and million pound guns. I also like how anyone who posts on any airsoft form has never cheated, ever.

Who am I kidding. The worst cheaters are the guys with full camo, vests, thigh rigs, tooled up M4s, operator caps, the whole lot. I am literally sickened by these sorts of players as every time I've encountered one they've cheated like a bastard while simultaneously throwing a fit at me because I didn't go out from half a mile away.

100% true, i dont really own much kit and normally go out with, my combat jacket trousers (obviously :P) and just slip my spare mags in the pockets, i admit i may be a bit of a noob occasionly mistaking my team for enemies :P, but when as you said guys come along with the works, I just tend to ignore them and hold the trigger down, i get accused of overkilling sometimes though but hell in a real life situation if somebpdy wasnt dying i know what id be doing.
      Anyone else on here play at unreal airsoft?

Comment

Thing is, there are different situations that moderate the taking of hits. Best one I've seen is shooting through bushes and blindfiring - making it possible for virtually anyone to claim they were hit blind or 'through cover'. Not that I disagree with the rulings, but they don't stop people trying and it gives people one more excuse that, unless there's a marshal present to clarify, no one can really prove or disprove.

By the end of a bad game, where it seems like hit-ignoring is rife, everyone's doing it. The solution is simple, and is exactly the same as in paintball - if you have hit someone and they don't take their hits, shoot them again. And again. And again...
        "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

Marshals aren't infallible either.

We were absolutely mullering the opposite team and they were getting the hump. This particular team had a part time Marshal playing on their team.

He took out my team mate and started gobbing off.

Anyway he walked into my line of fire. I opened up well before him into the bush and then he opened into my bush but was high and left as I was in full camo face and everything, I don't think he could see me properly.

So still blasting and he isn't taking so I assume the bush is stopping it lol despite him managing to fire through it fine. I go high and he catches it full in the face. Then starts gobbing off again.

4 times that day I could see BBs bouncing off people so I gave them a burst in the head. Then they start whining.

If people don't take them make them hurt. The recommendation is full face protection so tough look if you take hits.

Comment

Originally posted by shoreham View Post

Eventually they will be in a game where hit taking won't happen at all, because they'll be playing with themselves.

And we know what people who play with themselves are called.
            Maybe he does that already far more regularly than you realise....

The site I go to has had a few new players recently. One Desert wearer and one Urban wearer...Cheating T**ts. The excuse aparently was.....'I couldn't feel it.'

At one point a marshal was following desert with a pistol and he wasn't taking half the shots from the marshal. He was also caught hit dodging on camera. I'm told he got a right royal phucking, only wished I'd seen it.

There is a bandstand right in the middle of the site, anyone who is caught deliberatly cheating would have to sit for a whole game in there or go home up to them....
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

alot of that in chobham today, kind of annoying but there isnt much you can do. great day tho

Comment

get it all the time @ Tonbridge , mainly (bullet proof) kids ,the regs are mostly good honest players
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100054

Comment

I find that the kids are a lot better. If you're sure you've hit them then just say to them they normally don't argue with an older presence, in my experience anyway. Of course some of the younger guys / newbies don't take their hits every time, they're there for the fun and us meanies with our shooting of them really niggles them so they opt for a little friendly encouragement . I often find that they know they've done wrong so just saying, "I know I hit you mate" in a calm voice seems to work every time. Failing that, I get as close as I can go them and give them a torso full of rounds, then they can't argue. I don't get angry at these guys cos I just think back to my first few games and how frustrating it was to carry on being hit from invisible places and never getting a shot off. Sometimes I just let them carry on anyway just for the fun. I know it's against the rules of the game but at the end of the day, I don't mind hitting someone twice if they get a better experience, win-win really

Again, my worst experience was with one of the site regulars. He's not your typicall geardo with all the kit under the sun, more about making the fastest firing gun and what not and high caps all the way. Anyway, me and my team were going round the side of a set of bunkers surrounded by rhodedendram bushes. We knocked out a few of the enemy so they'd obviously copped on to the fact we were there. A couple of minutes later I could see movement of a shadow from round the tree I was on, and knowing he could only be in one place I popped out and gave him 4 or 5 to the chest and went right back round the tree (gears of war style ), at which point he actually fell on to his back out of being so frightened lol. As he fell he pulled the trigger and rounds went everywhere, but apparantly they definately hit me. After shouting abuse at me and complaining about how he can't have missed because he was aiming at me (when he obviously had no idea I was there as he wasn't approaching me and he fell on his back and gave the most satisfying look of fear you could get ) he then took his hits in a hissy fit going off to the marshals and yelling how he was a player marshall and our team will be banned. Well, he wasn't because in actual fact our team is was a player marshall team so we sorta knew. We've had so many incidents with this guy it's unreal.
                  Last edited by Will_0; 18 April, 2010, 23:41.
                  TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                  Tokyo Marui P90
                  HFC M9 Special Forces
                  KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Originally posted by jester View Post
                    snip...

You do get them don't you, at my local site we've ditched the "bang-kill" rule (which got abused) in favour of "surrender"; you can ask a target to surrender if you've a loaded functional weapon pionted at them, it's their choise wether that do on not.

Anyway all this is explained (at lenght) in the safety brief, in the very first game some clown jumps into the main bunker and asks 6, yes 6 spaced out players to surrender; when four of them turned around and wasted him, he took the right hump and stomped out out of game calling everyone else cheats.

Just dont figure does it

Hehe, I've played that rule (and heard that story), I do think I prefer it to the bang rule. Seems harder to abuse (for those who would.)

There's definitely a learning curve to taking hits, given how different each hit could be. That said, I've learnt a lot from good, honest players who took their hits well.
                    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

• Re: Hmm fighting invincible players now

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post

+1

This is because some people HAVE to win. Not have fun, but WIN. I've a seen a full grown man stand still shooting as another player has walk towards him pointing out that thier BB's are currently bouncing off his backside.

There is deffinately an assumption amongst a fair few players that if you consider yourself better than another group of players, you should win no matter what. And this does have a remarkable correlation on kit, weapons and "years of experience".

Especially if they are just "kids", who obviously like call of duty and believe it is all real, are obsessed with sniping and clearly have twotones, never ever ever in the world take their hit, rob us of our taxes, collect ASBOs as tropheys, are over sexed and underaged, wear hoddies and heckle old ladies in the street...

Clearly.

Oh, and hit taking is related to marshalling. If you know you dont take you're hits as your a regular and the marshals your mate Jim Bob who is hardly going to tell you off because you've been coming years unlike this little kiddies who obviously... (see above), then you have nothing to fear. That way you and your mates get to go to the pub and cheer about that you won.

Not having fun, no. But winning!

end rant

(ironic signature) Another

P.S, by the way I'm 22.
                      Last edited by Another; 19 April, 2010, 01:48.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

+1 +1, i really hate pro-operators some time.

On a slightly related note, i personally didn't see *any* cheating at Fearful on sunday, so well done to them :L

Comment

I was playing at gz woodland a couple of weeks back, defending the burrows, and was trying to shoot this guy, although I was having to almost mortar fire to hey near him, he fired a flat burst at me, all of which dropped abot 3-4m in front of me, I fired back and he called himself out. I turned away, while he walks up to me, and says in quite a nice manner "you mate are hit" to which I reply that he was dropping short, and the rest of the guys in my barricade can vouch for that, so he just walks off grumpily. While he resolved it in a nice enough manner, I felt a little annoyed atthe fact that he thought I had to have been hit just because he fired at me.

I have actually been congratulated by a sniper for taking a hit before, at skirmish Exeter, although I didnt feel the bb just heard a slight thwack, turns out is was other teams sniper who went for me as a sort of pot shot thinking I was way out of range, at the end of that game I went to congradulate him on an epic shot, and he just says "nah mate thanks for taking the hit, I know some people wouldn't take that" which just says it all about some of the cheating muppetts out there really.

Comment

Cheating and airsoft go hand in hand, show me one player thats taken 100% of their hits and I will show you a liar/
                            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Beef wins.

Comment

More constructively, doesn't it seem like the people who get the most ..ah...twitchy about hit-taking are simultaneously the least likely to take hits also? People who couldn't POSSIBLY have missed that volley, people who couldn't POSSIBLY have been hit because they're that damn good.

And thats the bottom line. Because Blackwater said so. Or whatever.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

johnthunder Find out more about johnthunder
                                Working...
                                X