tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Agree with Figjam, I can't stand gloating. The other way around is appreciated though when people say good hit etc.

Its good the site dealt with them and good for you guys if you can have regular only days that often and the site still make enough money

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
      He said they do alternate. Guess if you are confident in your base of regular players it could fly. I've had to count slowly to ten too many times when pikeysofters have pulled stuff like this.

Meant to ask, what site was this?
      R.I.F.T Airsoft's ComsSite3. It's just off the M40 near Banbury. In the last year and a half it has become my regular site because it is quite simply the best run site I have ever been to. Tony, the guy who runs it (along with his wife, son and daughters), is the nicest bloke possible but will not stand for any dangerous play or cheating. Zero tolerence on blind firing and confirmed instances of non hit taking (Instant and permanent ban, blacklisted from all associated sites). Not only that but the site itself is fantastic and they are always coming up with new game ideas, doing skirmish days, 'soft milsim' and close to proper milsim. The attitude of all the players there is fantastic too! Incredibly friendly atmosphere. Tony is lenient of FPS limits and what ou can use, too. Provided he knows you and knows you're not an idiot, if your AEG is running hot (as long as it's under 370 because that's what the site is insured up to) you just give yourself a sensible MED. Support guns and DMRs up to 400fps with a 30m MED etc.

If that wasn't enough, the safe zone is really well set up (you literally park your car inside the safezone) with loads of benches and tables for everyone, and even the food is really good!

And all this coming from someone who doesn't even work there :P

Honestly though, can't recommend it highly enough. Always worth a trip.
      Redcon Airsoft Team
      TheJim : RC-69

Comment

Poor marshalling when it comes to hit taking.

Now, I know some people won't feel/hear hits or my gun may be off target, or I may even just be a shit shot. That's why I didn't jump up and down and start screaming and shouting at the guy. I was moving towards him, M14 up, firing pretty damn quick at him (as well as another guy who was moving at him about 10 feet away) and he managed to get us both.

I called the hit, went to respawn and spoke to a marshal there and said that "I may have missed but two of us were right on top of him shooting at him. Could you just keep half an eye on him just in case". Marshal said okay then walked off (away from where the guy was).

After that game was lunch (30 minute break) and the guy I asked him to watch came walking up to me and said "The marshal told me you'd said I'm not taking me hits".

Clearly the marshal had not kept 'half an eye' on him and just waited until lunch to tell him I'd said he wasn't taking his hits.

Why this annoyed me:

A - I didn't say "He isn't taking his hits" I had accepted the possibility of human error and simply asked for him to be watched a bit, just in case.
        B - He told him I had said "He isn't taking his hits". That's as good as saying "He's calling you a cheat".
        C - He told him my name and where I was.

Way to cause tension in the safe zone, marshal.
        sigpic
        "I are God, lol."

Comment

Wow, unprofessional. Sounds like maybe the marshal was buddies with your man there. Name and shame the site?

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
            Wow, unprofessional. Sounds like maybe the marshal was buddies with your man there. Name and shame the site?
            I would, if the site wasn't usually pretty good. It was actually my first time playing there for a while.

I think you hit the nail on the head there though, with him being friends with the guy. Such things shouldn't effect the way marshalling is done, because it causes unfair bias.
            sigpic
            "I are God, lol."

Comment

Thats the things, we have all been to the site where there is a group of the "mates with the marshall team", seem to get let away with murder because " I know him and he wouldnt dodge his hits" if thats the case why are we saying it to you every f**ing week

Comment

The "clique" thing is a reason why I don't stick to just one site. I really can't recommend it enough. Being someone who bears a grudge to the end of time I find its rarely ever a single big thing that drives me crazy, but usually a succession of little annoyances. Last year it was the lad who always did the Nelson Muntz "HA-HA!" every time you called hit, who after 4 weeks in a row of it had me idly plotting murder. Since I started travelling further afield I can play elsewhere until I've let it go.

Comment

At a weekender the other week and snuck up on three enemy players one of which was a marshal, and with my scorpion aep, i shot them all and bc its an aep i could see and hear all three bb's hit there mark and two off them took there hits but marshal (who was rather rotund and hard to miss) turned round then started shooting at me whilst trying to hide in a bush, so knowing that his fullauto,500 round gun will beat my 90 round almost completly semi only aep, i walked away and found other people to shoot.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

One of my local sites, there is this one guy who is bffs with the marshals and site owner, switches teams as he likes, fudges about mid skirmish running through the centre of a village we are attacking with a marshal carrying a stretcher which has another marshal on, got shot by cross fire and kicked off. Got aggressive with players, marshals did nothing. Complained to the sight owner who just made excuses 'everyone gets a bit silly once in a while' maybe so, but not every sodding week. The owner treats all players as children, and doesn't seem to understand the concept of customer satisfaction. At the end of the day we pay to run around and shoot people, airsofting is expensive as it is, but it makes it worse when you pay £25 walk on for a terrible game with terrible marshals with a terrible sight owner not willing to accept criticism.

Comment

Another one for the hall of fame (severely NSFW language):

Comment

Ah ha. That's brilliant. Muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                          Another one for the hall of fame (severely NSFW language)
                          So they half-arsely barricade themselves and their clique of giggling pre-pubescents inside an obvious target, mocking everyone who tries to shoot at them... and then throw their toys when someone catches them out?

I... have no words. Smoke inhalation was too good for them!

Comment

Seen that one before. I'd applaud marshal's for an instaban for that kind of behaviour.

Comment

Erm...I have asthma, and I have been in quite small enclosed surroundings, not as enclosed as a truck but still quite a small space when a smoke grenade goes off. And I can safely say that after about 30 seconds I didn't feel like I couldn't breathe, I can also say that after 5 minutes I still didn't feel like I couldn't breathe.

Anyway this video shows both poor sportsmanship and bad marshaling:

He also has a "Dealing with Cheaters 101 part 2".

Comment

I hope you mean the guy filming is the bad sportman. In that video there's no definite shot of him actually hitting the guy he has a go at.

His second video is a disgrace. The first three "slo-mo-see-I-hit-them" shots I'd categorically say can be seen to miss. I think the 4th he misses until he hits, and then the guy calls the one he's hit on. The rest we see the slo-mo but he turns away before showing weather they call it at all. The last one where he marches up and does the worst overkill I'd say its not even the same kid he shot that he's having a go at, there's a crowd of them including one who looks like he's hit who was probably the first one he shot.

Abusive language, overkilling because he's cross, squaring off to a kid who's all of 12. Asshat of the first order, any site that let him get away with that I'd not return to.

Re: asthma. When you had a problem with smoke, did you react like the kid in the video? I don't think the smoke video is about saying people have to love smoke, its about his reaction.
                                Last edited by Figjam; 17 September, 2014, 13:25.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X