Classifieds 3 Day Bump Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds 3 Day Bump Rule

A new plugin has been installed that can be setup to not allow users to be able to post on their own threads within a given time.

I would like to find out from the users if you think that once set in place you would want to stick to the 3 day bump rule, or if you would like that reduced to 2 days. Unfair bumps on sales threads will be impossible once the plugin is enabled, and any and all information that needs to be added can be either added after the time limit, or via PMing a mod if it is important information.

The origonal reason for the 3 day bump rule was because there were so many listings per day, however with the new sections I think it might allow for a shorter time period, hence asking this question.

Please let me know your opinions on this only, all other 'suggestions' will be removed from the thread.

Thanks

Re: Classifieds 3 Day Bump Rule

2 day sounds good to me
    sigpic

Comment

This would make problems when selling parts as you would be unable to say what has been sold and what is still for sale. Would probly end up with your inbox full of people triyin to buy the same thing.
      Pay with pain!!

Comment

2 days would be better, although maybe still have a 3 day bump on some of the more empty classifieds forums, such shotguns + launchers.

Is there any way that users would be able to post updates without this bumping the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyman View Post
          This would make problems when selling parts as you would be unable to say what has been sold and what is still for sale. Would probly end up with your inbox full of people triyin to buy the same thing.
          How many possible PMs could you get inside of the 2-3 day rule?

2-3 days before you can update on sold items (in a multiple item listing) realy isnt that long.

Personaly im up for a trial of a 2 day bump time.

Comment

I like..... the fact you have to contact mods to update important info should make people think more about the content before pressing submit.

Could be a postive move all round
            Originally posted by Bluegill
            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Trialling the 2 day would be good, although it means a new system that old members must acclimatise to - and remember, there's still many people who don't know they can close their own threads.

I like..... the fact you have to contact mods to update important info should make people think more about the content before pressing submit.

Could be a postive move all round
              But isn't that what is/ should be happening already?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

2 days sounds good to me
                G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I just like the plugin idea :D its great

Comment

Sounds good. 2 days has my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by greengiant101 View Post
                      I just like the plugin idea :D its great
                      Agreed, Though not to bothered about a day i would say try the two day bump out and see how it works out.

Comment

I would be very happy with 2days, plus the plug-in sounds awesome will finally stop those un-fair bumps.
                        sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

If anything, with more sections... 3 days.

1. Less items per section, means more time on the first page already.
                          2. Not sure about anybody else, I don't use sections. Just click "New Posts" and skim what comes up. So a 2 day bump would increase the same things coming back over and over!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                            If anything, with more sections... 3 days.

1. Less items per section, means more time on the first page already.
                            That's a good point. I was ready to say 2 days, but in light of Jag's comment I'd say stick with 3.
                            sigpic

Comment

With the high turnover of posts, 3 should be fine.

If the edit window could be extended on just that section, that would be very helpful. If we have to PM mods with edit requests, they are going to be hammered with messages day in, day out.

Some forums have a system where classified ads have to be approved by a grown up before becoming visible to mortals. This could enable more accurate posts, but again more work for the mods.
                              'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                              Working...
                              X