Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Classifieds 3 Day Bump Rule

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
    Any plugin for an edit function like on eBay?

The edit is tagged on the end of the post and time stamped.
    that would be the only way to do it yeah
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
      Seconded

You can put SOLD and lock it as in effect youre not bumping your sale as there is nothing more to sell...
      Obviously you have not seen the new style big brother lock on the forum which means you can't type anything cause it tells you you can not reply to your post for x days xx hours xx minutes etc. And when your selling more than one item on a thread when one sells you can't say its sold due to the above. Just pointing out they have changed how it works now. And yes i know-how to close a thread when everything is sold.
      This is my rifle, this is my gun.
      This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

I understand the reasoning behind the format, but it's not how sales were meant to be run, moderators creating work for themselves merging near every post when sold is added? I seriously don't get how they find the time, especially annoying is when they merge the little 4 letter word "sold" it kinda disappears at the base of the original post, which means casual glancers don't see it has been sold so PM upon PM is being sent from closed, sold threads,

the system might work for the forum, the only forum I know using this [s]madness[/s] method, it must put a hell of a workload on mods doing an already thankless task,

It has taken the barter/fun out of sales, I tend to sell on all main forums, this is by far the best selling resource, but I fear it wont be for long unless you allow free trade/control over sellers posting ability and buyers ability to enquire.

Comment

I agree with the above. I have 1 item that's been sold, 2 guns that are no longer for sale, some parts been sold, and I can't update any of the threads thanks to this blocking thing.

Fairly sure that's even more unhelpful than early bumping

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            I agree with the above. I have 1 item that's been sold, 2 guns that are no longer for sale, some parts been sold, and I can't update any of the threads thanks to this blocking thing.

Fairly sure that's even more unhelpful than early bumping
            Same here, Ive had 20 or so PMs in the last 12 hours alone about two of my guns that are both sold... plus thanks to the 45 seconds wait between PM block it takes forever to reply to them all all because I cant put "sold" in my topic!

Comment

Perhaps, if were goin to have this block in place, a sold thread tool could be added.

'Mark as sold' would put a reply in saying item has been sold, and close the thread for you.

Maybe have it recognise sales templates as well, and give you the option to choose which item has been sold if there are a few, like a parts sale thread

Comment

I love these random ideas springing from peoples imaginations, if I was going to make any fantastical addon to this forum it would be a "/slap" button :| This addon was pointed out to me by another member and it was installed, find the no bump in x days addon and I'll have a look and maybe replace this one with it.

The addon has been installed for sometime, and I have only just recently changed the settings on it to activate it.

There are 2 simply things I ask users to keep in mind.

1. THINK before you list your items for sale / swap, follow the template and provide as much information as possible. If you do however forget to add something or missed a spelling mistake or typo when you proof read it, please contact a mod or sales assistant. After all, once you've missed the edit time you'll only end up getting a notification asking you to do that anyway if you post.

2. If an item has sold you can contact a mod or assistant who will happily add the words SOLD to the end of your multi item listings (it will be what, 1 to 2 days max before the info is added, usually only a few hours). Once all items have sold, close your own thread. Anyone who doesn't know that a closed thread is a sold thread by now either doesn't read any other part of the forum, or is a very new member.

IF I see a need to reduce the bump time to 2 days (since now spam and bumping is impossible in most of the sales section) I will reduce it. That was the original point of this thread, that some/most of you seem to be missing.

Thanks

Comment

2 day bump for me I did a bump on one of my items it sold after the bump but couldnt post to say it had been sold ended up with 7 messages asking if it was still for sale

Comment

Did you close your thread, or PM an assistant or moderator to mark the item as sold?

Comment

The new sales format will take getting used to, but what happens when the mods go into meltdown due to overflowing inboxes? it will happen,
                      A forum is for discussion, users fingers will wander and they might put airsoft forums into google and find new homes to sell on, it's far too complex and awkward a system, if it worked every forum would use it?

Comment

If shops work why did Argos change the idea of shopping? If Facebook chat works why did they bother updating it?

I know no one likes change, but everyone had an opportunity to have their say BEFORE this all happened. The majority thought it would be a good idea, as such it has been implemented. If it turns out to not work the system will be looked at and the period of time changed, or another more suitable option might present itself.

I would like to point out the main reason for the change was because of users complaining all the time about receiving notifications for bumping and getting very irate about it. This prevents that from being able to happen, as such the assistants/moderators don't need to waste time checking for bumps/spam, and will be able to help users with any required alterations to their post.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                          If shops work why did Argos change the idea of shopping? If Facebook chat works why did they bother updating it?
                          Those aren't really the best examples :P New facebook chat sucks and to quote a stand up comedian "Argos said to all other shops 'this is how we think people should shop' and all other shops said 'no'." :D

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                            Those aren't really the best examples :P New facebook chat sucks and to quote a stand up comedian "Argos said to all other shops 'this is how we think people should shop' and all other shops said 'no'." :D
                            Agreed. Facebook chat is sh*t, Argos - 75% of what you buy from there is missing parts or broken. We had the 'close your own thread' thing brought in to relieve the mods of work, great, now they have to spend their time putting 'sold' on to peoples threads in tiny lettering at the bottom which most people don't read.... It's taken days and 2 reminder messages in the past to get a mod to update a thread for me.
                            I've closed the thread for the acog I had for sale, I couldn't update it, since closing earlier today 2 people have messaged me to ask if it's available.
                            No doubt this is the best trading site, that may change if the users are treated like kids, there's plenty of them on here trying to buy rifs on the sly - that's what the mods should be spending their time on.
                            We're adults - we can update every 3 days but please give us a break on adding pics ten mins after when it's still at the top, or putting the word 'closed' on the thread.
                            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                              2. If an item has sold you can contact a mod or assistant who will happily add the words SOLD to the end of your multi item listings (it will be what, 1 to 2 days max before the info is added, usually only a few hours). Once all items have sold, close your own thread. Anyone who doesn't know that a closed thread is a sold thread by now either doesn't read any other part of the forum, or is a very new member.

So in an effort to reduce the mods workload policing the classifieds, youve actually increased it and made it more awkward for everyone involved?

Comment

sold please close

NO...GOD DAMN NO CANT YOU READ THE GOD DAMN BIG RED WRITING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

holy crap its getting on my nerves so bad..every damn time oh look i wouldnt mind buying that..

sold please close GRRRRR

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                                Working...
                                X