Classifieds 3 Day Bump Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Classifieds 3 Day Bump Rule

must be some computer whiz-kid on here that can find it?....

h e y d r i c h
    L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Yeah updating without a bump would be ideal but in the meantime I think bigger writing would be a great idea, obviously plenty of people don't see the closed as it is at the moment.
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

users should never be allowed to edit their sales after a few minutes, this leads to scammers getting folks money and editing the thread/removing promised items etc, in short CRAP idea

Comment

not EDIT the thread, just post a reply on it....but no auto bump
          h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

I think this bumping thing is a bloody stupid idea, going out of my way to pm a moderator just to mark an item as sold.

The few that ruin it for the rest of us....

Comment

Originally posted by palmer234 View Post
              The few that ruin it for the rest of us....
              I count 3 instances of excessive bumping from you and several for classifieds spam.

It is that reason we have set this in place, to make sure everyone has to follow the rules, as those that do loose out to those that don't.

Comment

It's a great idea but I dont like the fact I cant post images on it like just after the timer ends for editing. I dont want to both the mods with all the links either

Comment

If you don't want to bother a mod or assistant then why not wait 10 more minutes and post up a complete sale thread?

Comment

spot on Rampage....

that's like all those threads saying, "will post up pics later"

just wait til "later" to do the thread, then you can include the pic from the start!
                    h e y d r i c h
                    L T F S

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                      I count 3 instances of excessive bumping from you and several for classifieds spam.

It is that reason we have set this in place, to make sure everyone has to follow the rules, as those that do loose out to those that don't.
                      Care to post the so called spam on here?
                      Because I'll put money on it that it is an over zealous moderator getting on his high horse.

Classified bumps I spoke with you before via pm, i.e a post made on Monday and bumped an hour or so before the forum clocked it as 3 days. But when it was Thursday for example.

And also getting infractions for posting that item had sold. I countered this with "ok, I'll make ten threads instead of one." but that was quashed. It seems that with some of your moderating team you cannot win, as they are the law of the Internet and know me better than I know myself.....

On another note, what's happened to quick reply?

Comment

Is it just me, or has the sales forums slowed down (volume of sales appearing?) I remember them turning over a lot quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by palmer234 View Post
                          It seems that with some of your moderating team you cannot win
                          You're so damn right.

Apparently, we do too much, and apparently we do too little.

Pleasing everyone is not an easy task.

Oh, and the QR box is still visible, unless you've changed any settings?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Haven't changed any settings pal. I'm on my iPad though? But it's usually there.

Edit: got it back now, don't know what happened there.

I don't think moderators do too little at all. But I do think that some of the team take their moderating powers much too seriously.
                            Last edited by palmer234; 9 August, 2011, 18:08. Reason: QR appeared from nowhere!

Comment

rampage was a great help the other day listing mine as sold but i must say the need for a button that can just add the word sold is soo needed, it doesn't even haff to bump the post
                              sigpic

Comment

It seems people don't see that threads are locked either, I had at least 6 people ask me about an item I had sold, before I could bump the thread to show it was sold... It gets irritating.

Yes, I could PM a mod but wouldn't it be much easier for us all to be able to bump our threads when we need to?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                                Working...
                                X