Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Classifieds 3 Day Bump Rule

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
    So in an effort to reduce the mods workload policing the classifieds, youve actually increased it and made it more awkward for everyone involved?
    Then you clearly have no idea of how many threads are merged and how many notifications are given per day because of people who don't realise they are breaking the forum rules...

Then I expected nothing less :|

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
      Then you clearly have no idea of how many threads are merged and how many notifications are given per day because of people who don't realise they are breaking the forum rules...

Then I expected nothing less :|

Simplify the rules then? then people wont break them, concentrate on the sheer level of dodgy users with no site membership, under 18 year olds etc attempting to get sellers to sell them RIFs, I reported one last week, no reply to that, 3 others tried on various threads of mine, that is much more important and needs attention, attention WASTED on mods merging etc peoples threads,

This forum is a great resource, don't ruin it by sticking your heels in and ignoring the users input, the system doesn't work,

Now I'm off to tell more folk by PM the sales item they want is sold seeing they can't f-ing read

Comment

^^^^ this man talks sense!
        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Dont like this three day bumping wait.
          I wanna list my gun as sold. and cant..
          Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
          Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
          Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
          Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Hey all,

Having some form of 'bump' control is inevitably necessary however, please note the following example:

I had posted a price drop earlier in the day on an item I am selling. This stirred some interest and shortly afterwards I accepted an offer to split some of the items. However, when I tried to post a reviewed price to reflect this and the change in sale price, I am stopped with the 3day bump rule.

Now those that show interest may become annoyed that I have not advertised the items appropriately.

J.
            Trader/Buyer Feedback score:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100014

Comment

Rules, rules, rules. This is only my 2nd post and already I find the setup here bizarre. On "other's" mods do what they need to do, if you're under 18 trying to buy a rif then you're banned, if you're taking the piss and you're bumping your thread all the time, then you're banned. But why oh why stop would you do this 3 day rule? Good idea but shite in practice.

I pm'd a guy yesterday about an item and he didn't get back to me so I pm'd him again to today to which his response was: 'sorry mate, sold, can't update the thread'. So to clarify I've to waste my time and this guy's time because a minority (I guess) bump every two or three day's. Big wow's. Just ban the bawbag's that take the piss, I'm sure it'll be fairly obvious.
              429 Semper Vigilo

Comment

I would like to point out the 3 day bump rule has been in place for many years, those that are complaining about it I am sure have never read the forum rules. The only thing that has changed is that we no longer need to enforce it or issue warnings because of it. Please PM a mod or assistant for changes, or close your own thread to mark as sold, I fail to see what the problem is at this moment in time.

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

Simply edit the photo you put on the thread (you can even do this in 'MS Paint') with a big old 'SOLD' across it. Upload again under same name, job done! :D

Comment

Thanks Jag, this is a brilliant way of making sure people are aware the item(s) have sold in the thread if you have multiple items.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                      I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

Simply edit the photo you put on the thread (you can even do this in 'MS Paint') with a big old 'SOLD' across it. Upload again under same name, job done! :D

Whats easier? Going through the hassle of editing your image and re-uploading it jumping through hoops on a seperate image hosting site, or just writing "sold" on your thread? Photobucket and other sites which require you to have a membership are a pain in the ass.

I can see what the mods are trying to achieve here, its a good idea just poorly executed.

Comment

I don't have a home pc, I use my phone for this site. So I can't edit photos etc...
                        I close my threads once sold but the amount of pm's I still get asking if things are available is unreal!
                        It's not a good way of doing things.
                        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

It's a brilliant way of doing things, it just needs people to pay attention to the fact a closed thread is a sold thread. Maybe I should make the writing bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                            Whats easier? Going through the hassle of editing your image and re-uploading it jumping through hoops on a seperate image hosting site, or just writing "sold" on your thread? Photobucket and other sites which require you to have a membership are a pain in the ass.

I can see what the mods are trying to achieve here, its a good idea just poorly executed.
                            Photbucket, membership? Im signed up and can still upload, download and edit pictures on that and dont pay a penny, its just like signing up to a forum, nice and simple.

@Rampage, bigger writing. Its obviouse people still cant see 'closed' on a thread.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

the problem with just closing the thread, is if you're selling multiple items

as already mentioned, editing the photo's using photobucket, etc is the best solution

you could also have an update within your signature - i've seen a few sellers do this - good idea

updating the sales thread without it automatically bumping would be the ideal tho
                              h e y d r i c h
                              L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Then please find me the Plugin for vBulletin 3.8

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                                Working...
                                X