Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: unsent items

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
    Quite right JL...quite right. Ownership isn't an issue in the eyes of the law. What is being brought into question is exactly how you came to be in possession of the RIFs? Also, why you felt the requirement to (Potentially illegaly) manufacture said RIF?
    Given the choice between IF and RIF, which would you choose, being told that you can legally choose?
    I know which i would. And thats why im the one getting moaned at, thing is my number is 594, and its about 2/3 years old. So thats at least 593 other cases, not counting the hundreds since then. It just seems that im the only one standing ip for it. But hey.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

It really is starting to become a forum vs Jonny thread here. What you guys are doing is frankly, unjust, unfair and childish. So what, he's managed to do some things which are seen to be illegal in your eyes, he's just doing what he's been told he can do by xsite, if you have a problem with that, DO NOT ATTACK AN UNDER 18. Go take it up with xsite.

I mean really, posting his facebook account and then going on with sarky comments towards him... You "adults" should be ashamed of yourselves.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Given the choice between IF and RIF, which would you choose, being told that you can legally choose?
        I know which i would. And thats why im the one getting moaned at, thing is my number is 594, and its about 2/3 years old. So thats at least 593 other cases, not counting the hundreds since then. It just seems that im the only one standing ip for it. But hey.
        Given the choice? I would more than likely go for the one that would be least illegal, but that's just me mate. I abide by the laws of the land. That's not to say you don't by the way, because as you rightly state, it appears you were mislead. You are still quick to "Stand up" for Tim at Xsite when after his articulate display on the other thread, he is yet to transpire with any tangible evidence?

Hunter512 however, appears to have at least some form of firm evidence. I would personally go with that untilI see otherwise.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
          Given the choice? I would more than likely go for the one that would be least illegal, but that's just me mate. I abide by the laws of the land. That's not to say you don't by the way, because as you rightly state, it appears you were mislead. You are still quick to "Stand up" for Tim at Xsite when after his articulate display on the other thread, he is yet to transpire with any tangible evidence?

Hunter512 however, appears to have at least some form of firm evidence. I would personally go with that untilI see otherwise.
          I see what youre saying, but we all know the answer to what he asked them is "no". Thing is that question was not relevant as it missed the key fact of a defence that i have been told i have. Im not going to argue anymore as it just goes in circles and really isnt going anywhere useful. If someone brings up a new point, yeah ill post my opinion and what i believe as fact, that being what forums are for. Im honestly surprised that this hasnt been deleted yet. I had noticed my u-18 tag, which doesnt bother me, but I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WRONG

Comment

I've seen this issue about xsite raised time and time again. The site manager there was a fundamental part in forming ukara and when it was formed a discussion was brought up about Junior membership. It was deemed that a junior player with a membership had reasonable defence to buy a RIF as long as a parent or guardian was there to supervise or make the purchase Whether right or wrong I really don't care.

Also I have had the privalage to play airsoft with JL on several occasions. He is an excellent and honourable player and attacks on his character are petty and unfounded.

As for the paypal account he's already stated it was a mistake and the account has been closed. End of.

Everytime I come on this forum I am appalled by at least one post. A bunch of stupid little people on here sometimes. I don't really know why I bother coming on.
            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
            I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

C'mon guy's it's Christmas day. Let's all be civil and not jump on each other. If any one is at fault here it is potentially xsite. Let's all leave it at that.

Comment

Know who he is. Post deleted.
                Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 25 December, 2011, 22:46.

Comment

I wholeheartedly endorse that comment and agree with the sentiment in which it was written.

KagedWolf is right, personal attacks against JL are unfounded. As Sam states, it is potentially Xsite that may (or may not) be in the wrong here.

THe whole thread appears to have gotten out of hand and gone off on more tangents than me having a drunken conversation on a night out.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Just an update for those interested, latest from UKARA on the subject o under 18 RIF manufacture;

This affair is being looked into already.
                    As far as UKARA is concerned unless the Home Office change their mind under 18s cannot manufacture or purchase RiFs.

Best Regards

UKARA Admin

-------- Original Message --------
                    Subject: RE: UKARA Contact: Under 18 airsofters
                    Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 21:47:15 +0000
                    To: <[email protected]>

Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 21:02:32 +0000
                    To: [email protected]
                    Subject: Re: UKARA Contact: Under 18 airsofters

On 25/12/11 18:36, [email protected] wrote:
                    The following email was submitted from the UKARA contact form:

Name: XXXXXXXXXX
                    Email: [email protected]

Is it legal for under 18 airsofter\'s who have been gifted a 2 tone IF to respray it black thus manufacturing a RIF?

IP: 86.15.53.79

No

So I assume it would interest you to know that the Xsite do a junior (under 18) memebership that they feel gives under 18 skirmishers the right to manufacture a RIF?
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...sent-items*see the posts by "johnny lovegrove" in this otherwise unrelated thread.
                    Originally posted by tackle
                    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Sigh, youre still asking the wrong questions. Theyre looking into the xsite scheme. So until then just drop it. Dont ask pointless questions we all know the answers to.

Edit: oh and its jonny btw.

Comment

I dunno Jonny,

The fact that every member of UKARA except seemingly the Xsite are under the impression that under 18's cannot manufacture or purchase a RIF seems fairly clear to me. Cos Y'know as the UK Airsoft Retailers Association you'd like to think this is an area they'd be knowledgeable in.

But hey perhaps the Xsite are right and everyone else is wrong.
                        Originally posted by tackle
                        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Guy's lets drop this until we have solid proof one way or another. Let's not let this turn into another pissing match.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                            Sigh, youre still asking the wrong questions. Theyre looking into the xsite scheme. So until then just drop it. Dont ask pointless questions we all know the answers to.

Edit: oh and its jonny btw.
                            to be honest mate, it doesnt matter how you think the question should be worded,the answer is clear,u18 -regardless of what membership you hold,cannot convert an if to a rif.
                            your membership does not (because of your age) entitle you to convert if's to rif's,if you are gifted a rif then i believe thats ok,but you yourself cannot convert them.

your membership only probably entitles you to a cheaper walk on fee or club price bb's.it in no way entitles you to a defence for purchasing/converting rifs.
                            if your club has given you some information then your bound to beleive its true,but now you are being told otherwise,are you doing anything to research this to make sure you (yourself) are in the clear.
                            i know its a pain in the backside....there only toy guns when all said and done.somtimes blasting info out on a public forum isnt the best thing to do when dealing with a situation like this as to avoid drawing attention to somthing that maybe a no-no
                            sigpic
                            Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                            Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Tim Wyborne of X-Site said he was contacting the HO regarding this issue, that was about 4 weeks ago, now I believe from my personal interactions with the HO they try to answer all queries within 28 days, so being this time of year I say they're a bit slow, give it 2 weeks and if there has been no sign of a reply from X-Site in this matter I'll contact them and get a reply,

Bear in mind if they say the X-Site scheme is not in accordance with the law X-Site, individual employees of X-Site, parents of the children who purchased RIFs ignorantly for their kids will all be open to prosecution, that could be a messy affair, especially if Tim Wyborne is still chair of the UKASGB.

Comment

Well said Roxy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X