• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody hell mods Christmas holiday or what...lol

Comment

• Re: unsent items

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
      @ JayB591 and Jez
      Was on about some people making narky comments, particularly 'oh paper round is it?'
      I had a paper round from the age of 14-17... you never know what a 16 year old works as these days. But if you want to assume it as a "narky" comment, go ahead.

Comment

Sorry to bring this back off thread but anyway after a quick email to UKARA:

On 25/12/11 18:36, [email protected] wrote:
        The following email was submitted from the UKARA contact form:

Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX
        Email: [email protected]

Is it legal for under 18 airsofter\'s who have been gifted a 2 tone IF to respray it black thus manufacturing a RIF?

IP: 86.15.53.79

No

I think that fairly firmly proves the Xsite thing wrong and Master Lovegrove guilty of illegally manufacturing several RIF's
        Originally posted by tackle
        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
          Sorry to bring this back off thread but anyway after a quick email to UKARA:

On 25/12/11 18:36, [email protected] wrote:
          The following email was submitted from the UKARA contact form:

Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX
          Email: [email protected]

Is it legal for under 18 airsofter\'s who have been gifted a 2 tone IF to respray it black thus manufacturing a RIF?

IP: 86.15.53.79

No

I think that fairly firmly proves the Xsite thing wrong and Master Lovegrove guilty of illegally manufacturing several RIF's
          You seem to have forgotten to mention the xsite membership in that email. Nothing has been proven by that email.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Oh i assure you an email has been sent to UKARA regarding Xsite but the fact that the answer to the question "is an under 18 airsofter allowed to manufacture a RIF" is "NO" rather than "not unless they fulfill X Y and Z" is actually quite telling.
            For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Oh i assure you an email has been sent to UKARA regarding Xsite but the fact that the answer to the question "is an under 18 airsofter allowed to manufacture a RIF" is "NO" rather than "not unless they fulfill X Y and Z" is actually quite telling.
              Well we shall see when the time comes, it wasnt an issue when i signed up. Im not saying it isnt dodgy, and if they do revoke it, i will happily two tone them all again. But until then, i stand by xsite.

Comment

ukara aren't a court last time I checked
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Well no but I'd assume that they would be able to clarify the issue.....

Comment

Well no but I'd assume that they would be able to clarify the issue.....
                    If UKARA say no to xsite, im sure theyd stop it asap. But like last time this scheme came into question tim came on and clarified everything, and that was that. But it is in question now and at the end of the day, chances are the choice will fall on UKARA. But i dont know if its a good or bad idea to stop it tbh.

Comment

Actually Tim said he was awaiting written confirmation as we all kicked up a fuss. Nothing was heard after that...

Comment

That's a whole different discussion but to be honest I do not believe under 18's should be allowed to purchase or manufacture RIF's.

Comment

Anyway on topic lads, this is why we need a good trader list on here. It works fantastically well on other forums and reduces incidents. To the OP: Have you had any luck (before Christmas obviously)?

Comment

I think we should all take a leaf out of xsites book and interpret the law as we see fit, so the next time someone breaks into my house instead of fighting him/her off I'm going to use my licensed shotgun and shoot him repeatedly since that's my definition of reasonable force. I mean the law doesn't say I can't shoot him so there's nothing stopping me from shooting him several times is there?
                            A bit like a child being a skirmisher and the adult buying the gun for them despite not being eligible it doesn't say it's wrong but we all know it is.
                            Last edited by V.A.K; 25 December, 2011, 22:19. Reason: I can't spell.

Comment

That's a whole different discussion but to be honest I do not believe under 18's should be allowed to purchase or manufacture RIF's.
                              Its the same argument as before, yes purchase isnt allowed anyway. But honestly in a years time i doubt my mentality will change much. If i had wanted to take my rif out in public, i would have (i havent and wont) and if id have been given a two tone its not really all that hard to make into a rif, legally or illegally. I was told by those who know UKARA better than me that it was fine. So i did. But as i have said it really doesnt bother me as owning the Rif/If isnt the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                                But as i have said it really doesnt bother me as owning the Rif/If isnt the issue.
                                Quite right JL...quite right. Ownership isn't an issue in the eyes of the law. What is being brought into question is exactly how you came to be in possession of the RIFs? Also, why you felt the requirement to (Potentially illegaly) manufacture said RIF?
                                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X