Pictures of you British Army Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures of you British Army Helmets

Out of interest if you're not putting foliage in it, because probably you're in a sandy place, whats the point of putting a scrim scarf over the cover?

All it seems to do is obliterate the camo pattern of the cover and be a bit of a ballache to do?

Or is it just one of those gucci things doing the rounds these days?

Comment

Here's a pic of my good old Mk6 and my NV setup...it's a bit crude at the moment but seems to do the trick!

sigpic

Comment

the cover isnt on the wrong way round mate ive just got the cover on to break it up abit and make it seem abit darker to suit where i play if you read the post its how ive got it for airsoft use not operations

Comment

Couple of mine
          ac900.jpgac9001.jpgmk7.jpgmk71.jpg
          AC900 2.jpgMK7 2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

More
          Para 1.jpgPara 2.jpgGSA 1.jpgGS6A 2.jpg

Comment

need some comfort pads in there mate the mk7 ones are lovely imo

Comment

here is me in my british helmet at the gothic line game. mucho fun what what

tash.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                need some comfort pads in there mate the mk7 ones are lovely imo
                Got pad kits now but these pictures were taken a long long time ago when the pads were a glint in someone's eyes. As for the AC900 the SAS don't want any kit with the word comfort in it (Hard Bastards) Lol

Comment

Major Malfunction, that Tash is Epical x

Comment

Originally posted by boottroop View Post
                    Got pad kits now but these pictures were taken a long long time ago when the pads were a glint in someone's eyes. As for the AC900 the SAS don't want any kit with the word comfort in it (Hard Bastards) Lol
                    lol if i pass sas selection i think id still prefer to be comftorable than have a banging headache off the helmet bashing off my nut !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                      Thats what i mean.

i've never seen the point of stretching scrim over a helmet if you're not going to break up its shape... it might look cool but it does little that a camo cover or sandbag wouldnt do as it only makes the surface less reflective.... it still looks like a really obvious helmet even at range.

Helmet shapes are easy to pick out if you're scanning the ground for things that look like they shouldnt be there.

Like you say perhaps that isnt taught as being important anymore?

I read some post WWII after action reports by german soldiers and they were collated into a report for the British to use to locate shortcomings. Something that came up time and time again was how the germans often saw british troops helmets as they rarely netted them and hardly ever cammed them... even with nets on apparently the shine often gave them away.

It's probably why the post war army went mental over doing helmet cam
                      I agree. The whole point of calming up the helmet is to disrupt the unnatural round shape. I'm surprised to see serving soldiers saying they don't see the point?! It seems very obvious to me. Granted the reasons given as "making an aiming point" and "the Talibs can see the tape" is probably boll0x and most likely rumour control. While I was out in Afghan in 2007 we weren't allowed to cam up our helmets. It was seen as too much of an aggressive look, like we're trying to hide, which is ironic as we were actively seeking out and engaging the Talibs on a daily basis calling in airstrikes left fright and centre.

Smitty you say the helmet would look out of place in an urban environment, well whether its cammed or not it'll be noticeable, but at least with cam on it you can blend in more when moving into the vegetated areas. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by boottroop View Post
                        Couple of mine
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]76859[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76862[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]76863[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76864[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

More
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]76865[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76866[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76867[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76868[/ATTACH]

Sorry mate just had too

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

MK7 again camo'd up works wonders alot better than just strips of mtp although i still always wear it with just the net

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

hey im looking for your guys advice,how should i customize it , so for my ddpm loadout i use my mk6 helmet with an old inner tube , cateyes and nvg mount however for my mtp loadout i have no idea how im going to customize it i mean , should i have it with scrim with lots of bits of material stuck inside it or should i do nvg mount scrim on its on with sniper tape on the lid , what do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

oh and should i take off the elastics?

Comment

Originally posted by curlyrocks View Post
                              hey im looking for your guys advice,how should i customize it , so for my ddpm loadout i use my mk6 helmet with an old inner tube , cateyes and nvg mount however for my mtp loadout i have no idea how im going to customize it i mean , should i have it with scrim with lots of bits of material stuck inside it or should i do nvg mount scrim on its on with sniper tape on the lid , what do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

oh and should i take off the elastics?
                              Depends if the look youre going for is at a specific time/unit. Personally I just have scrim, one of those surefire lights and hmnvs when its issued.

Comment

Ok so im dedicating my loadout to around 2010/2011 afghanistan where some osprey mk.2 were still used. So the helmet is a mk.6 helmet. Im using it with a mtp cover , scrim , cateyes and tape .

The helmet took me a while to get everything decent. What do you think?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                                Working...
                                X