Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
    They know. It's nothing new though. Ever since the special forces came into the limelight there's been people emulating their equipment etc. It's probably even more so accepted now because with things like airsoft etc, you actually have a reason for it, rather than just getting all the kit and posing for your own pictures in your bedroom, like people used to do years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a good point actually. Want is always dictated by accessability!

- - - Updated - - -

Has the UKSF thread that I see mentioned here and there been deleted or just moved to a different part of the forum?
    thats all well and good but its causes sooo many arguments which is sad imo. arguing over kit is VERY lame. HOWEVER i do look chatting about kit worn by military teams, one personal fav of mine is the german KSK, and german flektarn.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

• Which part ate you referring to as all well and good?

I'm not a fan of the German pattern to be honest. They've got some great kit though. In all honesty I'm quite biased to the British desert DPM and new MTP, although the yank USMC car park cam, **cough, cough** I mean digital cam, with the USMC logo randomly hidden in amongst the pattern, isn't too bad either.

Comment

the bit about the military knowing they are fashionistas. lol I mean it causes sooo much bitching on here about people knowing this or that!!

British kit is great (but thats a given its british lol)

Yank stuff is good too, i love the Nam Tiger stripe and i think theres a modern tiger stripe too going by pictures i have seen.

I didnt realise that the Digi cam had the logo hidden in it lol Self absorbed :P

i love the CadPat and Russian kits too. (damn sounds like im becomming a GEARDO!!)
        Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Guys, try staying on topic? You can chat about what ever camo patterns you want via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
            the bit about the military knowing they are fashionistas. lol I mean it causes sooo much bitching on here about people knowing this or that!!

British kit is great (but thats a given its british lol)

Yank stuff is good too, i love the Nam Tiger stripe and i think theres a modern tiger stripe too going by pictures i have seen.

I didnt realise that the Digi cam had the logo hidden in it lol Self absorbed :P

i love the CadPat and Russian kits too. (damn sounds like im becomming a GEARDO!!)
            To be honest I think it was only one set, issued around 2005. Not sure if it's still the case and as far as I'm aware it was only the USMC that had the logo.

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
            Guys, try staying on topic? You can chat about what ever camo patterns you want via PM.
            Apologies, back on track!

OP. Do you have any more adjustments/extra kit planned or will you just keep it as it is?

Comment

My own Combat Trekking Impression.

Comment

Looks quality mate!

Comment

Very nice mate.
                  Me and Pricey have got a game coming up soon where we are gonna be rocking our 'SBS' loadouts will get some pics up when possible

Comment

* rummages through attic for old bergan*

Comment

One for GMT, the other for Zulu?

Comment

Originally posted by Honsou08 View Post
                        My own Combat Trekking Impression.
                        Great loadout, tho why two watches? Or is one a compass?
                        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Correct, what you see on my left arm is a Suunto Wrist Compass. Although in certain contexts two watches would make sense.

Comment

That is VERY good as load outs go. It just goes to show, you don't have to spend an absolute fortune on looking warry. (What old folks called ally) The load bearing vest, bergan and boots with civvy hiking kit is a brilliant look, be nice to see more of it, rather than multicam clones.

Next game I play (some time in April) I will wear my LC loadout. Wellies and a wooly hat. I've had to give up the fags, so will be rocking the electric ciggy.
                            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
                              Which part ate you referring to as all well and good?

I'm not a fan of the German pattern to be honest. They've got some great kit though. In all honesty I'm quite biased to the British desert DPM and new MTP, although the yank USMC car park cam, **cough, cough** I mean digital cam, with the USMC logo randomly hidden in amongst the pattern, isn't too bad either.
                              Also genuine issue MTP has "MTP" hidden in the pattern too, extreamly hard to find unless you know what to look for
                              sigpic

Comment

UK Special Forces FAC in some bloody snowy woods. :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
                                Working...
                                X