Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

Originally posted by the_firing_dutchman View Post
    Sounds good to me... even with a low profile chest rig that doesn't bulk up too much but does allow three or four magazines in quick access pouches Rhodesian style
    I use a Begadi micro chest rig, just 3 fast mag punches and 2 pistol mag pouches, fits under pretty much anything

PM me for a link to the website I bought it from
    sigpic

Comment

To The OP, good load out. Guy's I'm a little confused here as I keep seeing comments about how UKSF threads get derailed, as per what happened in this thread, what's the crack with this? Is it due to some people being adamant about what UKSF may or may not have worn at any time, and then just causing arguments?

Comment

To above we have had some walts on here sadly some seem to think there is set kit people use, however those in the know know lol.
        Last edited by Splitter; 23 February, 2013, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by tacmedic View Post
          To above we have had some walts on here sadly some seem to think there are set kit people use, however those in the know know lol.
          Ah that all makes sense now. I was wondering what all the fuss was about on some of the other threads where someone was criticised as being incorrect for wearing some black kit. Kind of funny when you think about it that people would think that a special forces unit would only wear set stuff and not pick and choose the best kit suited for their mission in terms of durability, accessibility and comfort. It's seems there are walts bloody everywhere these days!

Comment

i didnt realise that my everyday dress code was a SBS type setup :P
            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
              Ah that all makes sense now. I was wondering what all the fuss was about on some of the other threads where someone was criticised as being incorrect for wearing some black kit. Kind of funny when you think about it that people would think that a special forces unit would only wear set stuff and not pick and choose the best kit suited for their mission in terms of durability, accessibility and comfort. It's seems there are walts bloody everywhere these days!
              Wouldnt call them walts, as they are not claiming to be something they are not.

However some are adament that just because xyz is seen in one pic it is used by everyone, or because certain kit is freely available on the system they MUST use it.

The thing is they can use whatever kit they want. There was a few blokes wearing jungle kit a few years ago with multicam helmet covers and gentex type helmets near Barnstaple. They do stand out quite a bit on courses lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
                Wouldnt call them walts, as they are not claiming to be something they are not.

However some are adament that just because xyz is seen in one pic it is used by everyone, or because certain kit is freely available on the system they MUST use it.

The thing is they can use whatever kit they want. There was a few blokes wearing jungle kit a few years ago with multicam helmet covers and gentex type helmets near Barnstaple. They do stand out quite a bit on courses lol.
                Yeah you'r right I suppose, not walts. I know what you mean about kit, I've seen some SF lads wearing some very unexpected variations of kit like black T-Shirts and black assault vests with UK issue desert trousers whilst operating in....... yep, the desert!

Comment

i have the very same vest pricey use it every game it's very light and it's not fallen apart on me yet so win win love posing me even with my tactical beer gut out

Comment

i wonder if all these military figures such as the SBS realise just how much a fasionista celebrity they have become!!

Comment

The 'they can wear what they want' argument is 99% utter bullshit unfortunately. Generally used by guys who think chucking a black webtex crossdraw vest on over ddpm and an mp5a4 makes a good 'sas loadout'.

Yes, SF have a lot of flexibility but it's completely dictated by what they can get hold of. Tropical junglies have been an ally bit of kit for years. Guys doing CP work and just grabbing stuff out of the PX have been seen in black kit. But generally, the geardos amongst us work off pictures because otherwise, you get the 'zeroin effect' whereupon a bizarrely disproportional amount of the forum seem to have gone on golfing weekends in Derbyshire with russian special forces. It's utterly bizarre and fairly unique to this forum in my experience.

Knowing a fair bit about gear doesn't make me or other geardos 'walts'. I've never claimed to be a Ranger, but I know my ranger kit's legit. I've had great pleasure in helping expose two of the biggest walts on here in the past.

edit: cracking kit jester!
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

oooh who were they then?

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                          i wonder if all these military figures such as the SBS realise just how much a fasionista celebrity they have become!!
                          They know. It's nothing new though. Ever since the special forces came into the limelight there's been people emulating their equipment etc. It's probably even more so accepted now because with things like airsoft etc, you actually have a reason for it, rather than just getting all the kit and posing for your own pictures in your bedroom, like people used to do years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
                          The 'they can wear what they want' argument is 99% utter bullshit unfortunately. Generally used by guys who think chucking a black webtex crossdraw vest on over ddpm and an mp5a4 makes a good 'sas loadout'.

Yes, SF have a lot of flexibility but it's completely dictated by what they can get hold of. Tropical junglies have been an ally bit of kit for years. Guys doing CP work and just grabbing stuff out of the PX have been seen in black kit. But generally, the geardos amongst us work off pictures because otherwise, you get the 'zeroin effect' whereupon a bizarrely disproportional amount of the forum seem to have gone on golfing weekends in Derbyshire with russian special forces. It's utterly bizarre and fairly unique to this forum in my experience.

Knowing a fair bit about gear doesn't make me or other geardos 'walts'. I've never claimed to be a Ranger, but I know my ranger kit's legit. I've had great pleasure in helping expose two of the biggest walts on here in the past.

edit: cracking kit jester!
                          That is a good point actually. Want is always dictated by accessability!

- - - Updated - - -

Has the UKSF thread that I see mentioned here and there been deleted or just moved to a different part of the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post

That is a good point actually. Want is always dictated by accessability!
                            The SBS/hiking gear loadout is a case in point! When our SF were first deployed to Afghan they got ready in such a hurry a lot of their kit they had to run into town and hit up the local Blacks and outdoor shops for.
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
                              The SBS/hiking gear loadout is a case in point! When our SF were first deployed to Afghan they got ready in such a hurry a lot of their kit they had to run into town and hit up the local Blacks and outdoor shops for.
                              Very true. Coming from a military background and having crossed paths and worked with some of these guys I always find it interesting to see how they're perceived on the internet. There seems to be a lot of sense on here amongst the little tit for tats I've seen though, although I've missed the whole UKSF thread which sounds an interesting read. Certainly some of the guys I've worked with have worn whatever the hell they wanted to, to the point were sometimes it's almost like they're trying to make a point that they're SF. But the fact is that they wear what they can get hold of and what they feel is up to the job and is comfortable. Exceptions I suppose are when in the CRW role as that is a very specific set of kit they have for that, although I've never had a convo with any of the lads I've known about that to be honest.

I notice in your sig you have a thing about Derbyshire and mentioned earlier about some guy playing golf with the Spetz. What's that all about?

Comment

They do have under certain circumstances a lot more 'flexibility' with what can be used over the other forces, especially when doing a roll that is made easier by blending with the populace of the area.
                                They were at the start rushed out on mass, however, there was a group out there long before GW2 kicked off.
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
                                Working...
                                X