SAS - Black/Blue Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAS - Black/Blue Kit

Just not the old TM springer MP5 like those in that photo posted by Monkfish :P

As said , the last I knew the MP5 and 10" L119 were both still being used although i'm a little out of the loop now

Comment

Originally posted by cracking day View Post
      A proper Nimrod impression is as hard to do as a decent modern one, lack of info, lack of kit and lack of money will get in the way.

Who has heard of Len Dixon?
      Very very special guy who made all the original Leather belt kit
      Originally posted by mr lean 81
      painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

thought that was paul evers?

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
          thought that was paul evers?
          Paul evers certainly made some of the early stuff but i'm not sure if he/they were the first.
          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Dixon made the kit at that time, Evers later.

Comment

Weapons wise i'm confident regs in the service will use what they know and like, Ie browining/sig & MP5. However alot of people would say they have dropped the MP5.

I spoke to a firearms officer recantly who said Kent police dropped it after shooting a man in a dufflecoat at 20metres to find him unharmed and the rounds where just lying loose inside the lining of the coat!

I am so tempted to post my impression in another sas thread but i must resist!

I have done about 3 different loadouts on the SAS nothing based on pictures just my interpretation of what they may have used, but always based around the below.

Peep hole balaclava
              Anson Tactical Nomex Coveralls
              Green abseil harness
              Body Armour (Either customised with pouches or a vest over the top)
              PWL Triple sub platform
              PWL leather holster
              5.11 Tactical boots
              RS flash bangs

TM Sig Sauer 226
              TM MP5A3

Comment

Im not so shy x:

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                  Paul evers certainly made some of the early stuff but i'm not sure if he/they were the first.
                  Paul Evers made the waistcoats.
                  Len Dixon made the leather belt kit and holsters, etc.
                  painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

Paul Evers did not make the embassy waistcoat, he might have made the mk1 pigskin but that wasn't used at the embassy and came in
                    A couple years later.

The earliest Evers peice I have seen is 86. I say seen, I'm sure there
                    Is some older stuff.

The embassy vest was an odd plastic affair over a Bristol armor.

Comment

Really? I was sure that Paul Evers made leather holsters, pouches etc and that the designs were bought and reproduced later by PWL.
                      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Yea, he made vests for Police firearms teams and also for the SAS, i have one of his SAS vests here.

Comment

Here it is:

Along with my MK3

My Yeoman of Signals vest:

Teams vests:

Comment

Originally posted by cracking day View Post
                            Paul Evers did not make the embassy waistcoat, he might have made the mk1 pigskin but that wasn't used at the embassy and came in
                            A couple years later.

The earliest Evers peice I have seen is 86. I say seen, I'm sure there
                            Is some older stuff.

The embassy vest was an odd plastic affair over a Bristol armor.

Didn't say he made the embassy vests - but the ones that everyone associates with SAS he did.
                            Len made all the original kit way back when most on here were still pissing in their nappies.

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

We were talking about Len Dixon making the leather kit and in the sAme post you say Evers made the vests. A confusing post then.

Comment

Originally posted by Secretsquirrel View Post
                                Didn't say he made the embassy vests - but the ones that everyone associates with SAS he did.
                                Len made all the original kit way back when most on here were still pissing in their nappies.
                                You may be right but Paul Evers did make leather holsters, pouches etc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

N_Scooby Find out more about N_Scooby
                                Working...
                                X