Who is this guy?! Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this guy?! Help please!

Hi guys! Not sure if this is the right section to post this but it seemed sort of relevant! Mods can move where deemed appropriate!

Ive been doing some research into m4s and how theyre set up in theatre so I can find a set up I really like and I stumbled across this picture.

This has gotten me really confused. The Brit in the background. What unit is he from? I really like the loadout and would like to replicate it but I've got nothing to search to start my research etc! I can see theres a patch there but i'm not familiar with Brit patches if I'm honest so thought I'd ask you guys!

Thanks guys

Re: Who is this guy?! Help please!

Maybe he's Romanian

Comment

The guy in desert isn't a Brit

Ou helmets are a different shape even the mk6 that are newly issued

Also the rig is not osprey or Brit kit

Looks like a normal chest rig you can get for £50

Comment

Hmmm.... Wrong section then! Any ideas where hes from at all? He's got a AK variant, Brit combats, what looks to be a US MICH 2000 Helmet and a rubbishy chest rig...

If it weren't for the humvee in the background I would suggest it were an awesome urban airsoft site! Although I guess it could still be an awesome urban airsoft site with the Humvee.

Confuzzling!

Comment

Mk 7 helmet is the newest issue helmet and it does look like this.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
            Hmmm.... Wrong section then! Any ideas where hes from at all? He's got a AK variant, Brit combats, what looks to be a US MICH 2000 Helmet and a rubbishy chest rig...

If it weren't for the humvee in the background I would suggest it were an awesome urban airsoft site! Although I guess it could still be an awesome urban airsoft site with the Humvee.

Confuzzling!
            you can see BBs in the mag (p mag?) of the closet soldier-i think
            For sale:

-Splitting M4
            -MP5 Parts
            -MP7a1
            -M9 Magazine

Comment

it's not british combats it's the romanian DDPM which the british based their desert variant off.
              he's carrying an AKM which is unusual as rommie's are normally armed with the AIMS74 now.
              Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
                you can see BBs in the mag (p mag?) of the closet soldier-i think
                Those arent bbs... they're rounds I think.

Comment

He also looks to have an academy ring on the little finger of his left hand?
                  Could be relevant, I don't know?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
                    it's not british combats it's the romanian DDPM which the british based their desert variant off.
                    he's carrying an AKM which is unusual as rommie's are normally armed with the AIMS74 now.
                    I'm pretty sure it's the other way round, we had DDPM and DPM and then the Romanian copied it?

Comment

He is romanian, the romanian army and special forces use that type of helmet.
                      The magazine is a Pmag of the soldier up front. Those are rounds, not BB's....
                      To get back to the Romanian guy he is 317th Reconnaissance Battalion "Vlădeasa" 1st Special Operations Battalion "The Eagles".
                      Friends of mine is Romanian and told me what he knows.
                      They are currently based in Mazari Sharif.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyb View Post
                        I'm pretty sure it's the other way round, we had DDPM and DPM and then the Romanian copied it?
                        nope we had another dessie uniform which we sold to the Iraqi's and then went to war with the Iraqi's which meant we had to get another dessie uniform so we decided to go for DDPM which was similar to the rommie one. their's is ripstop whereas ours is not. I have a set here somewhere and there is a difference. the dark colour is slightly darker on the rommie stuff and obviously you can see the ripstop material on the rommie stuff.
                        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00254.php
                          I could well be wrong, but they only had it issued in '99, we've had a variant since 91?
                          http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00049.php

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
                            Mk 7 helmet is the newest issue helmet and it does look like this.
                            The new helmet is indeed the Mk7, and I agree the helmet worn looks similar to a Mk7. I don't think it is though, I think it's a MICH, because the colour is wrong, it seems to flare out too much at the bottom, and the profile about the ears seems too far back.

I might be wrong, but the helmet doesn't look exacrtly like a Mk7, though it is pretty close, and the guy overall doesn't look British with anything ovther than the DDPM.

Comment

In my opinion, he looks like a PMC with an AKM...
                              WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                              After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Sup fool Find out more about Delta
                              Working...
                              X