Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is this guy?! Help please!

Originally posted by wintergraves View Post
    In my opinion, he looks like a PMC with an AKM...
    In (until recently) current issue British camouflage? I doubt it somehow.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
      In (until recently) current issue British camouflage? I doubt it somehow.
      I'm not sure about the actual change to MTP camouflage in Iraq/Afghanistan/wherever this was taken.

But he's with an American soldier, and he isn't wearing ACU.

Also, a regular UK soldier in ddpm with an AKM, I doubt that somehow.
      WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
      After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

My feeling is it's a shopped immage due to the fact that the guy on the right is in marpat (pmcs are not aloud to use NATO camo in the field ) using a ak and not using any issued usmc gear. Where as the us army guy is in full issued kit. And from a photographer view the US Army guy is in full focus and so are the others when there clearly stood quite a bit away and would loose some focus

Comment

Group of mercenaries maybe
          TAE

Comment

Could it be a terp?

My friend suggested because of the dark colored hands & face covered he might be an Iraqi interpreter hiding who he is (which I am lead to believe is a standard procedure when they're somewhere they might be recognised).

Look at the wrong-marine, in the pouch you can see on his side, does that look like a BB bottle to anyone else? He also doesn't appear to have any mag pouches for his primary plus he's holding it pretty strangely. Also it only looks like one of them has coms. I think it's a shoop.

Comment

is it me or do the 2 other than the guy in ACU not "blend" in with the photo properly..they stick out too much ..think of it like a 3D photo

Comment

JPEGSnoop says the image has been processed/edited, but that could just be from photobucket or whatever.
                I can't tell from error level analysis, see for yourself: http://errorlevelanalysis.com/permalink/af0d122/

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                  JPEGSnoop says the image has been processed/edited, but that could just be from photobucket or whatever.
                  I can't tell from error level analysis, see for yourself: http://errorlevelanalysis.com/permalink/af0d122/
                  hmmm

nothing massively out of place no bright spots or areas where you can see the background showing through the guys in the pic

how peculiar

Comment

Looking at it again, the lack of defined shadow on the two rightmost guys is odd, as is their height. The US Army soldier is bathed in sunshine on one side, and the other two dont look far enough away to be 100% in the shade. Also how many US Marines go on patrol with so little USMC equipment and with their keyrings hanging from their belt.

I'm thinking it's shopped, more I look at it, although I'm not sure. More sure the centre guy isn't British though.

Comment

Maybe hes private security ?
                      > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Could quite easily be a translator with kit which was laying around from other country's

As for the comment about the marine not having "Enough gear" , As it looks to be in the city they wont be camping out like they would in the desert so they don't need there massive rucksack etc

Just find out what NATO nations use AK's for there main weapon
                        Hate.
                        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Highly doubt any of them are PMC or PSD as they are wearing camouflage (all of which are current issue) which they are not allowed to do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post

As for the comment about the marine not having "Enough gear" , As it looks to be in the city they wont be camping out like they would in the desert so they don't need there massive rucksack etc
                            While I realise they won't be camping, he doesn't seem to have any mags or comms, in contrast to the US army soldier. You would expect him to have Armalite mags, even if he's just posing with an AK .

Comment

No way is this fake...and you cannot edit a pic to look like that otherwise everyone would be doing it!

Comment

their airsofters for one reason... why would a us marine be wearing woodland marpat in iraq!!!!! i've never seen a picture of a us marine wearing woodland marpat in iraq maybe in afghanistan in the greener parts but never seen a picture of woodland marpat being used in a city!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Sup fool Find out more about Delta
                                Working...
                                X