Who is this guy?! Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
    The Guy in "ddpm" with the AK isn't actually wearing DDPM. Its very similar but the pattern isn't quite the same. Pretty sure its a legit photo of a US Army Spec, a Romi Army soldier and what could well be a Bosnian, Cyprian or Gerogian soldier as they use MARPAT in eaxctly the same cut and pattern as the USMC.
    I agree with the nationalities. But dont you think its odd the nvg mounts are over the goggles, just looks odd to me..
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Re: Who is this guy?! Help please!

Originally posted by blytm View Post
      Doesnt matter chap, when I was in Afghanistan everybodys guns looked well maintained AK, M4 etc Its good discipline.

Now whilst I have no real military experience other than a few mates who are ex military, Im pretty sure it would be in a soldier's best interests to keep his weapon clean and in top condition? It seems to be only airsofters who have an obsession with "weathering" their guns and making them look like theyve been dragged through the 'stan or wherever
      Personally I love keeping all my guns looking factory fresh and in perfect condition! Even a bit OCD about it!

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
      I agree with the nationalities. But dont you think its odd the nvg mounts are over the goggles, just looks odd to me..

Dont the mounts flip up and down though? Im pretty sure thats just in the "up and out of the way" position, when theyre needed they flip down?

Comment

Could be Mandaean...

"The Shorn (written Shum) Tawar, a gold ring worn on the little finger of the right hand. This ring bears the inscription, Shum Tawar Ziwa."

Left hand i know but...

If your saying the photo looks edited, its possible his figure has been flipped to make it seem that hes looking more at the camera?

Comment

Well the guy in the DDPM has live rounds in his mag for the ak in his left mag pouch

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
            But dont you think its odd the nvg mounts are over the goggles, just looks odd to me..
            No, it holds them in place & keeps them out of the way.

Comment

if you zoom on the marpat guy it definitly looks like a bottle of green bb's in the pouch to the left

Comment

Guy in the middle, Is that a live round in the top of his mag? (circled in image)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...etas/iraq6.jpg
                Systema PTW - TM Sig P226 - Kalash AK74s GBB Converted - KSC USP .45 - KSC TMP Hardkick

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                Ah but the real question is... will it blend?

Comment

If that has been shopped, it's got to be one of the best jobs I've ever seen. The margins are pretty much perfect. I'd say it's either genuine, or from a seriously great airsoft site.

I'd not put it past the yanks to have some heavy vehicles available at some airsoft events, though. If we can have helicopter assaults in the UK, I'm sure a vehicle or two could be found over there.
                  sigpic

Comment

If this helps fellas,

go to the original file path

http://www.militarynewsnetwork.com/m...news/iraq6.jpg

but exchange the 6 in iraq6 for another number. 1 to 3 may be of particular interest.
                    They stop at 10

I then did a search in their images for the word iraq and it comes up with number 9

underneith is written '1st Lt. Pat Barone, a platoon leader, and Sgt. Daryl Appling, both with Company D, 1st Battalion, 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, explain to Iraqi Department of Border Enforcement soldiers how to conduct tactical patrols at night along the Iraqi-Syrian border, December 9th, 2009. At rear with an Iraqi soldier is Jordanian interpreter Rami Tamimi'

For reference. http://www.popularmilitary.com/galle...php?photo=2395

How ever from this image,
                    http://www.popularmilitary.com/galle...php/photo/2007
                    i would say that he in the middle is an Iraqi Soldier.

Idk if this helps. I got bored.
                    Signature Removed

Comment

Got it!
                      http://www.militarynewsnetwork.com/m...s/news1145.htm
                      Iraqi soldiers the both of them
                      7th photo down

Comment

I am still not convinced these are real, something just seems so "wrong" about them, and also I agree with an earlier post I think you can see some bb pellets...

Comment

Good work, Sherlock!
                          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Wolverus View Post
                            Got it!
                            http://www.militarynewsnetwork.com/m...s/news1145.htm
                            Iraqi soldiers the both of them
                            7th photo down

Good work, Sherlock!

Comment

No the green bottle is what looks to be a smoke grenade or something similar... definitely not a bottle!

Comment

Originally posted by oliver dowinton View Post
                                I am still not convinced these are real, something just seems so "wrong" about them, and also I agree with an earlier post I think you can see some bb pellets...
                                Really?! It could be any number of things. I think it's clutching at straws to make an assumption like that, from the resolution of the photos that we have at our disposal (or lack thereof).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Sup fool Find out more about Delta
                                Working...
                                X