Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Army in NI during operation Banner

Originally posted by Special bus View Post
    He only wore a helmet once and that was because he was drunk in the NAAFI and put it on for a joke.
    SIMPLES.
    Yes in the book I am reading it says the helmet with visors were very unpopular with the troops as the visors scratched easily and you used to get glare off them.

Comment

Yup, He was telling me he was drunk so he wanted something to protect his head. ( well the picture do the talking)

Comment

anybody ever gonna roll a UDR load??

Comment

I have a cousin with one of the flakjackets for sale with ballistic lining still in it.
          I'll speak to him tomorrow and pm you details etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cap n' jack View Post
            anybody ever gonna roll a UDR load??
            Forgive my ignorance but wasn't the UDR an infantry regiment of the BA. The same gear and everything? If so it is just the same as mine the only difference would be just a matter of regimental badges?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
              I have a cousin with one of the flakjackets for sale with ballistic lining still in it.
              I'll speak to him tomorrow and pm you details etc.
              Cheers much appreciated. Then I can do a 80's theme and a 2000 theme! Just a pity I would have to get an SA80 rifle for the 2000 theme and all my friends think they are pants!

Comment

Right Gas masks. S6 up until 1986 and after S10 (current).

Now I assume the S6 case fits on my 58 pattern webbing belt. But what about the S10 with the PLCE DPM Haversack?

Comment

S10s did have a plain green pouch originally which were only replaced with DPM in the 90s

Comment

The ressy bag can be fitted upon PLCE webbing belt. or there is a type sling that you can just sling around your waist or wear like a man bag.

Comment

The ressy bag can be fitted upon PLCE webbing belt. or there is a type sling that you can just sling around your waist or wear like a man bag.
                      ROFL did you really say that soldiers wore them like man bags whilst out on patrol! That kind of comment could be taken as fighting talk... dunno about where you come from but there is only one sort of "man" around here that wear man bags and they almost exclusively have dubious sexuality.

I have a PLCE chest rig but I understood that troops in NI only wore chest rigs when out in vehicles.

Cheers

John

Comment

Originally posted by M0WBY View Post
                        ROFL did you really say that soldiers wore them like man bags whilst out on patrol! That kind of comment could be taken as fighting talk... dunno about where you come from but there is only one sort of "man" around here that wear man bags and they almost exclusively have dubious sexuality.

im sure you are trying to be very precise for your NI look but 'man bags' are part of the modern issue kit. I used one on the ground in the green zone as do many others and im pretty sure none of us were questioning each others sexuality...
                        Originally posted by Bluegill
                        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Resi haversack was always worn around the waist on its strap (at least in my lot), so if you had to ditch your webbing you still had your resi.

To the OP, check if your para helmet is the ballistic type or not (ballistic is textured, jump lid is smooth)

If you plan on doing a non OP Banner loadout the ballistic ones were often acquired and used instead of MK6's as they are a lot lighter and more comfortable.

I still have mine
                          TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                            im sure you are trying to be very precise for your NI look but 'man bags' are part of the modern issue kit. I used one on the ground in the green zone as do many others and im pretty sure none of us were questioning each others sexuality...
                            That is reassuring! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by middo85 View Post
                              To the OP, check if your para helmet is the ballistic type or not (ballistic is textured, jump lid is smooth)
                              No unfortunately my para helmet must be the jump lid as it is smooth. My Mk6 riot helmet in rough textured in comparison. My para helmet is a comfy helmet although the chin strap is a right PITA to do up compared to my Mk6 which has poppers. OK for airsofting in though.

I guess when doing a jump you don't really need a ballistic helmet but you may need a ballistic one after you have landed in a hot zone!

Thanks for info regarding how to wear the Resi haversack. Useful.

There seem to be a lot of ex-military on here I will have to make a mental note of that for when my lot go to other airsoft sites!

Cheers

John

Comment

Mowby, I am soon to be a booty ofcourse i am questioning my sexuality. Why you offering. sorry i am not that type of guy. Also yes they do wear there ressy bags in a man bag fashion, that was the best way to explain it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

M0WBY Born in 68 when the troubles in NI were just about to kick off! Find out more about M0WBY
                                Working...
                                X