Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

No, we did not have them at the unit. And what I mean is if you have done the course are you not entitled to wear it as long as you don't try to take scharge of everyone. To me any beret is special to someone that is why I I choose to wear a bush hat because I am not currently entitled to wear any insignia because I can see how it means so much, I mean its striving for a green lid which motivates me throughout phys whenever it gets tough and just seeing some overweight 50 year old wannbe wearing it just takes a bit of the power of it away in my opinion
    "God is only airborne, because he failed the commando course"

Armoury - M4, M3 shorty, Mac11, M9
    Ex Armoury - MP5A4, G18c

Comment

I voted that I am ok with it but only if you earned it.

If someone is doing a re enactment that has historical or similar benefits then I am ok with that as well.

My view though is if it is a current armed force and you have not earned the honour to wear the insignia you have no right to wear it.

Does it bother me seeing people wearing something friends and family have worked hard to earn and die wearing? Yes it does.

Comment

Personnaly I will wear a badge or patch if it looks cool, I am not bothered about earning it or not, wear what you like, its your hobby and your money. Personally the only patch I would wear would be the Top gun ones with the tomcat on a rocket, Or the skull or cowboy one from medal of honour.

So my only criteria is the patch should look nice. I dont rty and replicate any particular loadout or unit, I just wear what i like the look of. If i liked a green, red, black or any other colour beret i would wear one,

As for showing support I dont believe dressing up in a prticular regiment shows support especially since most people dress up as the minority regiments/units that also happen to be the elite units like the SAS or green berets. If you want to show support donate some time or cash or wear the wrist bands.

Also i dont agee with the whole statement that if its current it should not be worn as people have died wearing it, what about insignia from WW2? Why is that ok? More soldiers died there. It should make no difference whether its current or not. Just as long as the person wearing it does not disrespect the badge or pretend he has served.
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Ex REME Squaddie here and I say wear whatever you like its only a game. I personally think that if you are doing a load out then you are paying respect to the wearers. Just try to do a good job of it. I think most ex squaddies wouldn't care either to be fair.

At the end of the day if you are 20 stone and wearing a pti's badge you are going to get ripped anyway so don't forget your sense of humour.

I honestly don't think ex military would care particularly. As long as your not going round actually thinking you are in the paras.

---
          I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.370493,-0.773623
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about disbanded units/regiments etc insignia?

Comment

I'm not a serviceman, but my dad and fellow airsofter is ex-Royal Engineers and served in Northern Island during the Troubles and narrowly missed out going to the Falklands (it ended not long before he started). He doesn't seem to have a problem with people wearing patches and the like. In fact he is very interested in putting together a USMC kit. If anything what seems to annoy him more is people who go overboard with tactical kit such as helmets and genuine webbing. That is his view. Personally I couldn't care less. At the end of the day were a bunch of guys playing soldiers with toy guns, so if someone wants to dress up as a Delta Force operator or a member of the SAS its fair game.

My current load out and kit is made solely with practicality in mind and does not imitate any particular real world unit (flecktarn and viper gear mostly). However I do own a fairly accurate 1990s/early 2000s Spetsnaz costume which I used when I owned an AK. I wore it just for fun. I'm English and do not look like a burly Russian so I was clearly not trying to convince anyone I'm a real Spetsnaz soldier. Then again Spetsnaz are not a British unit and I have to admit I would feel uncomfortable wearing a British unit kit. However its not because I fear my wearing it somehow diminishes the honour of our lads, but because people might think I'm a Walt or somthing. In my own opinion the concept of "earning a uniform" only applies to parade stuff and medals (and other honours). Wearing a sleeve patch that says Special Air Service or Royal Marines in no way diminishes the effort the lads who do it for real put into their service. I think its only a problem if people are actually claiming to be what they are dressing up as or comparing playing airsoft to the real thing (Walts and such). For that reason I have to disagree with a lot of you on this thread. I have a huge amount for our service men and women and hope my view doesn't offend anyone here who is/has served.
              For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
              Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
                I have a huge amount for our service men and women
                Sorry I meant to write "I have a huge amount of respect for our service men and women.

Comment

I've always maintained the stance of if you haven't earned it, don't wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
                    I've always maintained the stance of if you haven't earned it, don't wear it.
                    Do you play in T-shirt and Jeans, then? Or are you ex-forces and wear DPM?

Comment

• Re: Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

I'm not a serviceman, but my dad and fellow airsofter is ex-Royal Engineers and served in Northern Island during the Troubles and narrowly missed out going to the Falklands (it ended not long before he started).
                      No disrespect to your dad but saying he narrowly missed out on the Falklands because it ended just before he started in the RE isn't really the same thing. To narrowly miss out would imply he was in, but didn't get selected from his Corps. To join up after the conflict ended is just that, no "narrowly" at all. Besides, did he not get a posting down there afterwards?
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                        No disrespect to your dad but saying he narrowly missed out on the Falklands because it ended just before he started in the RE isn't really the same thing. To narrowly miss out would imply he was in, but didn't get selected from his Corps. To join up after the conflict ended is just that, no "narrowly" at all. Besides, did he not get a posting down there afterwards?
                        From what I understand he joined whilst it was going on but it ended by the time he finished training or something like that (by "started" I meant active service). I haven't asked him about it for a long time so don't quote me on this. No he was never posted there. He spent a lot of time in Germany and only saw action in Northern Island. At least that is what he told me. A lot of his mates were in the Falklands though.

Comment

• Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                          Do you play in T-shirt and Jeans, then? Or are you ex-forces and wear DPM?
                          I meant insignia. And I don't wear DPM anymore, I use Czech trousers, and a OD jacket.

Comment

From what I understand he joined whilst it was going on but it ended by the time he finished training or something like that (by "started" I meant active service). I haven't asked him about it for a long time so don't quote me on this. No he was never posted there. He spent a lot of time in Germany and only saw action in Northern Island. At least that is what he told me. A lot of his mates were in the Falklands though.
                            Got you!
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I just had a thought. What about movies? Do the actors that wear uniforms and patches earn the right?

Comment

As ex Army and ex RAF, I have no issues as long as its not a qualification, pilots wings, para wings, commando dagger etc. Medals are a big no-no, people have fought and died for them. Seeing kids next to the road dressed up on remembrance day is brilliant, and makes you proud marching with the legion. Berets I have no issue with, if cadet forces can wear them, why not airsofters?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X