Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
    "How long you been in?"

"I'm not. I play airsoft and re-enact. This is the kit for the load out i am trying to emulate... i'm actually a **insert job here**"
    As long as people do not lie about their origins, I can't see the harm. We airsoft because we enjoy the emulation aspect of it. If we just wanted to shoot each other, we'd paintball.

My brother's friends is a Royal Marine who is donating some of his older kit to us as he know's we airsoft. He has no problem with it.
    My DPM shirt has a Royal Engineers flash on them. I bought them from a surplus shop like that. I dont remove them because:

1 - Knowing me, I'd ruin the shirt taking it off.
    2 - I'm proud to be British and admire the work our forces do. They do things far braver than I ever would.

Afterall, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Always tickles me this subject. It crops up about once every two months, and the same arguments and points get raised.

I had a spectacularly undistinguished career in the Royal Marines, where my specialization was failing miserably to trap on every continent I went to with occasional forays into driving LCU's and other floaty things, eating pasties and playing rugby at a low level of ability. If you want to dress as a bootie, dig out, fill your boots. Same goes for "Them", Para Reg, and all the other rufty tuftys. I'd be more impressed though if someone did dress as a member of the RLC, or the Salvation Army for that matter. What it boils down to is this - we're basically playing war and dress up, like we did when we were kids. We've just got better toys.
      Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Yeah, I might actually lock this thread soon. All that could have been said, has been said.
        In the end...we are all playing toy soldiers. We should never undermine and put down other players for enjoying the game in their own personal way. However...those that shamelessly claim to be that which they are not, ought to be treated with the contempt that they deserve.
        /thread.
        sigpic

Comment

right guys im an ex army cadet and air cadet i switched at 16 while in army cadets ( i was in a rifles and para company as i switched twice) I attained my colour sergeant tapes and the rights to wear a para reg beret but while i would never dream of wearing the beret and badge out of respect for those who earned it the hard way i was wondering would it be seen as "unreasonable" if i was too wear my old army cadet tapes or even wear my unofficial under officer tape (there just lt tapes for people who don't know army cadets) as i feel like there just wasted being left in my draw with my sniper qualification badge and my rank 6 qualification badge though i would not stitch my badges on as i might get seen as a "wanna be" since i do use a L96A1 sniper rifle

so guys what's your verdict do you think as long as I don't push it wearing my badges and my tapes would be okay or do you guys think I should just leave them in my draws away from my load-out
          Jon Fox

Comment

You do know that even cadets badged para regiment arent legitimately entitiled to a maroon beret.... That is why youre issued a navy blue one like the corps (RE/REME/non phase 2 RMP etc) wear.

How can a cadet become a sniper, the crossed rifles with S is not issued to cadets, and even most regulars dont wear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
              You do know that even cadets badged para regiment arent legitimately entitiled to a maroon beret.... That is why youre issued a navy blue one like the corps (RE/REME/non phase 2 RMP etc) wear.

How can a cadet become a sniper, the crossed rifles with S is not issued to cadets, and even most regulars dont wear it.
              You can get a marksman badge for being a good shot. I got it when I was a cadet. Which is funny because I scrape through APWTs.

Don't know why people get worked up about para/ bootie berets and badges. You earn it by running around lots and being nails. I earnt mine by sitting in a classroom and pointing spanners at aircraft and pretending to know what I was doing. Like to see a bootie do 2 years of powerpoint.
              Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
                You can get a marksman badge for being a good shot. I got it when I was a cadet. Which is funny because I scrape through APWTs.

Don't know why people get worked up about para/ bootie berets and badges. You earn it by running around lots and being nails. I earnt mine by sitting in a classroom and pointing spanners at aircraft and pretending to know what I was doing. Like to see a bootie do 2 years of powerpoint.
                Im aware of the marksman badges (rifle/rifle and star/rifle and crown) however I am certain that you cant become a sniper or qualify as a cadet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
                  Im aware of the marksman badges (rifle/rifle and star/rifle and crown) however I am certain that you cant become a sniper or qualify as a cadet.
                  Maybe he's just throwing the word sniper around?
                  Buy my stuff!

Comment

Its the twin rifles with the s above I did it at camp to been specific biswick
                    Jon Fox

Comment

And that is air cadets quals army is different a is navy cadets
                      Jon Fox

Comment

I was an Air Cadet for about three months. Never shot anything apart from my mouth off and all that earnt me was a smack in the chops. However, I did get my Home Help badge in the Cubs. I'm whacking that on the sleeve of my smock. Well, I'm entitled to.
                        Look, this subject has been done to death. It's tedious. Wear what you want. Don't gob off at people for doing so. When I'm playing (NOTE USE OF WORD "PLAYING"), I'm pretending I'm a far better soldier than I ever was for real. Live and let live. Well, apart from this thread; this should die a quick death.
                        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

I know people who ware the ISAF Patches and medical ones, personally i don't have a problem with it, but again its the same story with rank slides and insignia's...there will be the once who claim they have been there and earned them and done all that.

Comment

This is a copy of a reply I made on another board on this subject:

Most ex-servicemen or serving servicemen I know couldn't give two hoots if people wore them with uniform if there used for airsofting, myself included. Also another side to this is there are airsofters who are also re-enactors and wear alot of the same kit. Myself I dug out my reserve kit and have used it for re-enactment and plan to use it for airsoft as well. In some ways I see it as show of respect for the units people portray.

Comment

I don't tend to even though I'm a CFAV (Army cadet force instructor). I wear the british flag patch and on my smock my Sgt stripes. I would never dream of wearing anything else though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
                                Maybe he's just throwing the word sniper around?
                                Back in my cadet days some 13-15 years ago that was just a sharpshooter badge which I thought was scrapped due to confusion like this but guess not lol- just because the grown ups call it a sniper badge cadets have no right to... Cadets get it for laying on a roll mat on a range for the afternoon not going through the training and rigours of a "sniper school"....

On topic however- replicating what our boys and girls wear etc I believe should be flattering to them as it shows our pride

However- those claiming to be something they are not is another matter as the line between impression and being disrespectful to serving members past and present qualifications and accolades all be it a fine line, it is a pretty bold one

That's my opinion anyway

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X