MTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTP

4 on the left, 1 quick access on the front, one in the gun and the rest in a daysack, awesome, that's what I wanted to hear.

Since it's easier to get through mags a lot faster (despite me very much being the kind of person that does use semi only and go for one shot kills, or as close to that as I can - Check my YouTube channel out! :P "Bullet4MyEnemy") I think it works how I have it now, 6 on the left, 2 on my front and 1 in the gun, then I can put as many spares as will fit in my medic pouch, since it's not really being used for medical supplies.

I know it's not practical for skirmishing, but for 36 hour milsim events I'd like a rundown on what's stored in the daysack, if you wouldn't mind typing out the list? Since they are called military simulation events, I do ideally want to get the most immersion from them as possible, which I think is helped by being as true to real life as humanly possible.

So if I picked up a daysack, what sort of stuff would I have to cram it with for an authentic Afghan feel?

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
    : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
    AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

r.e. molle belts... They are now issued. Not sure when they started to be included in the black bag but they are deffinately out there.

Comment

the mags dont go in the daysack mate they go on the outside in pouches as they have molle on the outside id say basic kit to shove in your bag if your doing say a 24 hour milsim event or overnight patrol
        -ration's

-plenty of fluids water/high sugar drinks/snacks ect

-spare ammunition

-first aid supplies...obviously for airsoft your not going to need half the kit but after an accident i had skirmishing where i hit the deck uncontious due to loseing alot of blood from my hand/wrist i carry quite abit now as they couldnt even find the first aid kit and the one they did find was a rotten ww2 one (LOL)

-sleeping mat/ground mat and sleeping bag but to be really ally youve got to sleep on the roof of whatever veichle you can find....

-map and compass if you dont have them in a commanders panel on your osprey (not the admin panel the big long ones that zip open and closed)

-weapon cleaning equipment so your cleaning rod and lubes ect

and remember...gaffa tape fixes all your problems so dont think you ever have enough....oh and if you see a wild animal capture it and keep it as a camp pet til it dies then feast off it. bout it to be honest haha

Comment

Yeah, I get that they go on the outside, I guess "in" was very much the wrong word to use lol, my bad.

Thanks for the list, that ought to give me something to go on. I think sleeping/camping gear alone ought to at least give it shape to wear it without it looking weird, but tools for airsoft guns, pots of ammo and bottles of water ought to fill it up nicely.
          If I see one for sale anywhere I'll be sure to pick one up.

Cheers for the help.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
          : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
          AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

ebay as a few mtp daysacks on sale at the mo the issue ones

Comment

Just read through this, lots of opinions, hearsay and rumour.

But where does it actually say that civilians wearing MTP and other military garb will have it confiscated? I mean the hard and fast facts.

Comment

It doesnt. But the police can sieze whatever they want when they want if they have reason to believe its stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Staceh View Post
                  Just read through this, lots of opinions, hearsay and rumour.

But where does it actually say that civilians wearing MTP and other military garb will have it confiscated? I mean the hard and fast facts.
                  ...please don't.

Comment

And so it begins lol
                    Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
                      It doesnt. But the police can sieze whatever they want when they want if they have reason to believe its stolen.
                      You might want to check your facts there fella, for a start if your going commando, are they going to strip and remove your clothing, thus leaving you 'tackle out' on a skirmish field?

Has there been a precident set yet, has anyone SEEN, or had hard and fast facts to prove that MTP in any shape or form has been seized by the MOD.

Sorry folks, but I get bored of people bandying around 'i've heard this, this will happen..' when all it is hearsay, after a attempt to appear to be more knowledgable than they actually are.

Its about the facts people - prove it, documentated evidence from a reliable source, or its all sphericals.

Comment

Staceh, it will be (if it occurs) like any other stolen articles, even if you brought them in good faith, they will be seized. Worst case scenario, you get done for handling stolen goods.
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

But will they, will civvie plod seize the clothes off your back at a skirmish, will they goto the trouble of seizing a jacket and shirt from your wardrobe?
                          Reaslitically, no.

If you'd done over a MOD Storage facility for the sake of some MTP, and were talking serious moneys worth, then yes I would expect plod to come knocking.

The plod I've spoken to about it just laughed, the Ex RAF police fella I have working for me, whos literally just out thought it was hilarous.

As I said, hearsay, rumour, chips on shoulders - proof is whats required, where is it written, wheres the news article saying 'this has happened', if you cannot find these things, stop gobbing off about 'you'll get arrested, your gonna get your stuff confiscated', because its simply not going to happen.

Comment

• This has all come about because on the first day of War and Peace last year the MOD police went around all the stalls and confiscated any MTP they found - obviously they were interested in 'shops' reselling goods etc. Privately owned surplus kit, as described above, they won't worry about in the grand scheme of things. It's all about scale and intent - bit of common sense really
                            "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

I had MOD Police call me regarding a bay purchase I made for some armour plates, they wanted to seize them but as I could not find them they didnt even bother coming out to check.
                              Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

Picked up this MOLLE attachment, do you guys think it'll look of with DDPM?

I'm still not sure what to put in it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X