MTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTP

I was at the War and peace show every day, and found MTP, MK4 Ospreys and MK7 helmet's being sold right up to the last minute of the show Sunday, also I've had MOD round at mine twice asking about MK7's and MK6A's helmet's I've brought. A close friend of mine was arrested by MOD police and removed to the local police station all day then bailed, nothing came of it but that was about MK7 helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Staceh View Post
      But will they, will civvie plod seize the clothes off your back at a skirmish, will they goto the trouble of seizing a jacket and shirt from your wardrobe?
      Reaslitically, no.

If you'd done over a MOD Storage facility for the sake of some MTP, and were talking serious moneys worth, then yes I would expect plod to come knocking.

The plod I've spoken to about it just laughed, the Ex RAF police fella I have working for me, whos literally just out thought it was hilarous.

As I said, hearsay, rumour, chips on shoulders - proof is whats required, where is it written, wheres the news article saying 'this has happened', if you cannot find these things, stop gobbing off about 'you'll get arrested, your gonna get your stuff confiscated', because its simply not going to happen.
      Yes they will sieze out of a wardrobe. I know this for a fact as a mate of mine that left the ACF and joined the TA before me 'forgot ' to return issued kit and had it siezed and a 6 month investigation into theft of military property.

Comment

My local surplus in Bournemouth has loads of MTP trousers n tops as well as pouches.

I ended up buying a MTP osprey single magazine pouch because it fitted my newly given terbutaline pump perfectly..

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
          My local surplus in Bournemouth has loads of MTP trousers n tops as well as pouches.

I ended up buying a MTP osprey single magazine pouch because it fitted my newly given terbutaline pump perfectly..
          B.A.S.E or Frontline?

Comment

Same here, left the army around 25 years ago, kept a few bits as souvenirs for the kids few months later MOD at the door, they even wanted to take kit I had brought myself, like you had to back then.

Comment

But will they, will civvie plod seize the clothes off your back at a skirmish, will they goto the trouble of seizing a jacket and shirt from your wardrobe?
              Reaslitically, no.

If you'd done over a MOD Storage facility for the sake of some MTP, and were talking serious moneys worth, then yes I would expect plod to come knocking.

The plod I've spoken to about it just laughed, the Ex RAF police fella I have working for me, whos literally just out thought it was hilarous.

As I said, hearsay, rumour, chips on shoulders - proof is whats required, where is it written, wheres the news article saying 'this has happened', if you cannot find these things, stop gobbing off about 'you'll get arrested, your gonna get your stuff confiscated', because its simply not going to happen.

Well, funny thing, seems to be people who have suffered the visit and arrest scenario, so it does happen.

Also remember, not all of us on this forum are 'randoms' with no experience.
              I can categorically say that the MoD plod and SIB have and are investigating eBay, forums and even making sure that surplus stores in my area are legitimate in how they get their gear.

As it stands, they can try and remove my gear, they will have a fight though. It wasn't purchased, it was issued. As of Wednesday the 9th I became a civvy, however I have the documentation to say that I must keep my kit in a reasonable standard for something like 5-6 years incase of excrement hitting the fan and I have to be called back into service.
              So the MTP stays with me thanks.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by boottroop View Post
                I was at the War and peace show every day, and found MTP, MK4 Ospreys and MK7 helmet's being sold right up to the last minute of the show Sunday, also I've had MOD round at mine twice asking about MK7's and MK6A's helmet's I've brought. A close friend of mine was arrested by MOD police and removed to the local police station all day then bailed, nothing came of it but that was about MK7 helmet.
                Forgot to mention the second time they turn up had MTP shorts on, nothing said.

Comment

Lovely, more hearsay, and you say.

Wheres the proof?

I left ACF several years ago, with a full complment of issue kit, no knocks at my door....

Proof people proof, its a internet forum, I don't know any of you from larry.

Comment

ACF... not exactly a real issue. As soon as its issued its presumed to be lost anyway.

Comment

This thread is going around in swings and roundabouts with everyone trying to one up each other. STFU already. I'll take the word of those who have served or are serving in the actual military. Not the ACF.

Comment

Lovely, more hearsay, and you say.

Wheres the proof?

I left ACF several years ago, with a full complment of issue kit, no knocks at my door....

Proof people proof, its a internet forum, I don't know any of you from larry.
                        Sorry, just sucking the tea back out my keyboard that I spat out.

ACF you say?
                        Most of that kit is surplus anyway.

If for example a booty leaves but doesnt hand in his Mk7, he will get a knock at the door to claim it back.
                        The worst for it though is certainly the Army, they like to dot every 'T' and cross every 'I' when it comes to stores, everythings signed for, anything thats signed for gets handed back. If it doesnt get handed back then it gets investigated, should it have been lost legitimately then that guy gets charged for it. If it cant be proved, he gets charged for it. If it can be proved it wasnt lost, he gets a visit from SIB/MoD plod, ends up either in a civilian court or a court marshal.

I can categorically confirm that the RM not so long back had on Orders that no issue kit was to be sold, failure to comply would result in disciplinary action.
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

^^LOL it does make me laugh when cadets are on about their "issued" kit and walkin' round with there rank slides on giveing people hell haha

Comment

I had a sea cadet do it at an open day.
                            A F**KIN SEA CADET!
                            Tried to order me about. Told them to Foxtrot Oscar!

Comment

remember my grandad telling me a story he was only a sgt in the signals.
                              he was getting changed for some open day thing he was last out the changeing rooms and a young cadet sgt shouted at him for being last out and said something along the lines of " you wont do that again will you" my grandad turned round and put him on the floor haha back i nthe days where you could do what you wanted discipline wise

ive had alot of cadets telling me what is wrong and what is right and saying im full of crap....yes ill let you say im full of crap when you actually set foot in a AFCO LOL

Comment

We had an open day once, the amount of times the GPMG and LMG was dropped were ridiculous.

Had one acf wal..err, instructor wearing signals flash and beret but Rifles slide try and order me about. Easier just to pretend like they dont exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                                Sorry, just sucking the tea back out my keyboard that I spat out.

ACF you say?
                                Most of that kit is surplus anyway.

If for example a booty leaves but doesnt hand in his Mk7, he will get a knock at the door to claim it back.
                                The worst for it though is certainly the Army, they like to dot every 'T' and cross every 'I' when it comes to stores, everythings signed for, anything thats signed for gets handed back. If it doesnt get handed back then it gets investigated, should it have been lost legitimately then that guy gets charged for it. If it cant be proved, he gets charged for it. If it can be proved it wasnt lost, he gets a visit from SIB/MoD plod, ends up either in a civilian court or a court marshal.

I can categorically confirm that the RM not so long back had on Orders that no issue kit was to be sold, failure to comply would result in disciplinary action.
                                Not true, when I went to exchange my helmet cover I got to keep the battered one and given a brand new one. I didnt even have to sign for it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X