MTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTP

'ball303' you can own as much as you like mate but you carnt sell PCS on here as it IS (at the moment) the property of the armed forces and is not to be sold. MP's take great interest on here and on ebay to anyone selling it. All the PCS cut that is floating around is squaddies selling it at high prices, then claiming they lost it and paying the small % fine to stores. Is it worth the risk?
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

• Originally posted by simon View Post
      'ball303' you can own as much as you like mate
      He can't "own as much as he likes" it's stolen goods.... Plain and simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You CAN own as much as you like of the original MTP as its now outdated and replaced by PCS...
        As far as I'm concerned own as much PCS as you like too because I really couldn't give a stuff!
        Why is everyone so bothered? Seriously?!
        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Own as many stolen airsoft guns as you like 'Mike581'? Don't matter what the item is, its still not yours to sell!
          Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

MTP isn't stolen is it?!! As I said original MTP is now obsolete and replaced by PCS...
            This thread is about MTP and owning it is perfectly legal.
            PCS hasn't been released for disposal as yet, but when you go on tour wearing this kit it gets in a bit of a state and when you leave the forces all your kit gets thrown in the bin. Exactly what happened to tonnes of kit I handed back....

Drop into your local MoD plod and tell them a guy at your airsoft site is wearing some MTP, see if anyone gives a toss?!
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

The way i see it is that PCS is still MTP, but just a update to how its cut and the design of the uniform. So most ppl would'nt know the difference between the 2

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
              But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

At the risk of doing this to death, Multi-Terrain Pattern material has been issued in both CS95 cut (with variations) and PCS. PCS replaces CS95. MTP replaces DPM and DDPM (in theory).

It appears only a limited amount of CS95 MTP has been bought through the usual MOD surplus routes with plenty finding it's way though private retail including ebay.

If you bought CS95 (MTP) when it was issue then Queens Reg would have it as an offence (ie it was still property of Her Majesty) and not authorised for sale. If you buy it now, as there is a legitimate surplus route, then there is no offence. I have not come across anyone who seemed clear on the return policy for this but most people seem to be saying that they were not required to return it after returning from theatre. I have only heard that people had to exchange their DPM kit, but there does not seem to be a single answer and therefore there is a lot of kit 'floating' around. It seems very unlikely that anyone will come knocking on your door if you buy it though.

PCS (MTP) is issue only at present, therefore there is no legitimate surplus route and (back to Queens regs) you cannot legally buy it. (I believe the offence would actually be the selling not the buying, but I cannot verify that.)

So you just have to decide whether or not it matters to you that buying PCS it a technical offence or not. If it is, buy CS95 (MTP) and be happy, if it isn't then it's your choice but at least make an informed decision.

PCS, however, also covers other kit like the wonderful MK4 Osprey (and just about everything else you get in the 'black bag'.) So, as far as I know, even buying that 'MK4 Osprey mag pouch' off ebay is a technical offence (again I believe it's the seller in the wrong).

As for whether most people would know the difference......er well no probably not!
                Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

There is a well known surplus in Portsmouth that has a load of MTP. BUT he will only sell to serving personnel.
                  TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

• Down Castile road one would presume, sells to ta as well

Comment

TA are serving personnel....

Comment

@Lee Hill, thanks for the advice with ironing lol, believe it or not they were worn straight from the pack. Don't have time and can't be bothered to be ironing my airsoft stuff haha.
                        sigpic[I]Classic Army L119a1/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
                          TA are serving personnel....
                          Quite right. And as for someone disliking this post, grow up. Bullets and IED's don't discriminate, so neither should you.
                          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Sorry to post this on your thread Tropical but I thought it was legal to sell faulty (whether it be mis-stitched or whatever) current issue stuff? Someone wanna correct me if im wrong?
                            Upcoming Games:
                            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

That depends on how it was disposed of.
                              Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                              Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

time for me to show mine :D MTP Loadout.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X