Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

'Tears of the Sun' Seal loadouts- a guide for any interested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Tears of the Sun' Seal loadouts- a guide for any interested.

Oh Mods if you could please drop into the Silk section that his M1A has a stock pad, I missed that

Comment

most of the items dont seem to hard to get a hold of
      being up front in games is the way i play thats why his load out apeals to me only thing is the hair being 40 with a mohawk so think it will be a mix of 2 characters silk and l.t.
      cheers dave A+

Comment

No worries mate happy to help. Most of the items are fairly simple to get hold of (Even though each loadout has a 'rocking horse poo' item :p ) I'm going to do a 'Miscellaneous' section last, united general pointers to do a similar loadout so hope that'll be easier for you

Comment

Not quite my cup of tea but Outstanding Job! :D

P.S for extra realism dont forget to mount your Aimpoint back to front :p

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post

A lot of nitpickers had a go at the film when it came out because his aimpoint is 'on backwards' at one point. Basically, they're wrong. It's on backwards because he's using a PVS 14 scope on his M4 in conjunction to the IR laser in his dlap at night. Apparently common practise when using a similar setup to this is to mount the aimpoint on backwards so the NVGs can still be used without having to turn off or remove the aimpoint. Should he need to revert back to the sight quickly, he can just flip the aimpoint and remove the NV (as he is seen to do in the film).
            Nitpicker! :p

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
              Nitpicker! :p
              Soooo his aimpoint is on backwards then! :D:D:D

Comment

mainly because im lazy but also because im not too knowledgeable do you think a THE HUNTED loadout is next in the pipeline of movie loadout help?

the opening scene has some pretty good looking kit.
                also an absolutely brilliant movie.

Comment

If you start a seperate thread I'll do my best :p

Comment

One delicious meal of pasta and salad later...

Red

Cole 'Hardest man on the planet' Hauser is the squad's resident demo expert/heavy gunner/badass. Unfortunately, his is probably the most difficult kit to do.

The problem is his vest- it appears to be based on a blackhawk omega modular vest platform, but the Emerson knife sheath appears to be sewn into the shoulder and it has horizontal pistol mag pouches on the right of the chest, implying it may be a custom job for the film. On the left of his chest he has what appear to be smoke grenades in a couple of pouches.

His belt kit is also hard to identify. He appears to have a few claymore pouches (he uses three in the film) on his belt, along with radio kit and water bottles. He has a blackhawk omega holster for his socom, and a double pistol mag pouch on his riggers belt.

Clothing wise, again he uses raid modded US woodlands, a US woodland garrison cap, scrim scarf, and black cutoff pilots gloves.

Comment

Bloody brilliant mate, think I might have to follow in your footsteps and do my own Lake loadout. It just looks totally bad ass! Practical as well of course :p

Comment

Very Good guide mate.only one small thing Its D-Bal (dual balistic aiming Laser). Dlap is the airsoft name given by star.
                        I was going for waters rifle. the thing with mounting the scope round the wrong way would be all good if the m2 wasnt round the wrong way.

Comment

edit:m2 can be used in conjunction with PVS14 as they have 4 nv settings

Comment

I guess that was the armourer trying to cover his ass with a fairly convincing explanation then :p Sweet m4 mate. I'll leave the descriptions as dbals so anyone who searches can find them though

Comment

Comment

no worries mate I only found out as I bought a real one. always thought they were dlaps till then. any way great load out you just need to get a team to wear the rest of the load outs

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spetsnazdave87 Find out more about spetsnazdave87
                                Working...
                                X