Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

'Tears of the Sun' Seal loadouts- a guide for any interested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Tears of the Sun' Seal loadouts- a guide for any interested.

hmmm... hands with a decent pair of tough gloves?

Comment

I've got a messed up finger so can't really exert torque (cant even open some jars without it popping). I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy an armourer wrench.

Comment

Not gunna be cheap unfortunately! if you find one at a reasonable price and in stock PM me, cant justify buying one for the prices ive seen!

Comment

Execellent read and very good eye for detail I see, I've been tempted to have a crack at this in the past and and now this has just got me pondering again.... although I still don't like M4's hah, and there's no way i'm cutting my hair for a loadout!

Has made me want to watch this again later, for the millioneth time

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Miscellaneous loadout.

Miscellaneous Loadout

So, you like the general ‘look’ but you’re on a budget or you want to create your own take on the kit?

Easy reference kitlist based on what they wear in the film.

Headgear:

In the film they wear US woodland boonies and garrison caps, bandannas, or nothing at all. You can get cheap chinese-made boonies and caps off ebay or overseas retailers, though the real deal aren’t THAT expensive, but it should be fairly easy to make your own bandannas. A few of the squad also use scrim scarf for concealment/moisture absorbtion.

Clothing:

All the characters wear raid-modded US woodland fatigues. You can get real or fake woodlands off ebay for about £20 for the cheapies up to £40-£50 for a set of the real ones. I have the real ripstop ones, very comfortable and lightweight. The raid-modding I got done at a local tailor for £20, but if you have a sympathetic girlfriend, wife, mother or male friend with a sewing machine you could do this much cheaper. Just take the pockets off the front of the shirt and put them on the upper arms. I have put the larger shirt pockets on the backs of my legs for extra storage but this is up to you.

Gloves:

Cut-off nomex pilots gloves in OD or black. You can get cheap sets of these off ebay and most surplus shops. I use a pair of TAG gloves I got on the auction site.

Boots:

US black jungle boots. I use a pair of second hand bellevilles but this is up to you.

Load bearing:

You have a wide range of choice here. The wardrobe is pretty much provided by blackhawk, so anything in OD/us woodland by them can be considered.

Variants worn in the film are:

Enhanced harness in OD (not the black one pictured) and belt kit.

This is a fancy harness for suspending an alice belt, worn by Waters and Silk. New you can expect to pay about £60 for one from the states, or find one in the UK for around £35-£40, though I can’t find any in the UK for any colour other than black. If you’re on a budget, get the chinese clone of the LBV (See below), remove the panelling and thread it into a regular Alice LC2 webbing straps. It should give you the right look while saving your pennies. Waters has an OD duty belt suspended on his harness for mag pouches, canteens and butt pack, but you can use an Alice belt or viper duty belt easily. Waters also uses a Blackhawk enhanced butt pack, but you can get copies of these very cheap and easily.

US woodland LBV.

Worn by Flea and Lake, and a 40mm version is worn by Zeke.

You can pick these up easily of ebay. COM (not .co.uk), various other military surplus stores and in airsoft shops. Blackhawk make the version seen in the film, but the real army issue one is more than adequate for skirmishing and is more widely available (and cheaper). You can expect to pay about £35-£40 for these in the UK or from the US. They’re cheaper in the US, but the postage to the UK is more so it works out similar. The LBV carries six mags and two grenades, though the grenade pouches aren’t really big enough for BFGs without modification. I got mine tailored for £15, switching the standard pouch configuration around but again, this is personal choice.

Blackhawk Tactical Vest.

You could get away with any OD Blackhawk Omega or tactical vest to be honest. Red wears a customized modular vest platform.

While Doc Kelly uses a 40mm rifleman’s vest.

The modular vest is slightly cheaper, about £40 new, but you’ll obviously have to get pouches for it. The 40mm vest is about £120 new but you can see these second hand for cheaper on auction sites from time to time. There are plenty of OD copies of the Blackhawk vest for much less moolah around, so this is a good alternative to faffing about with ALICE setups.

LBT rig.

Slo is wearing a London Bridge trading company support gunner’s rig. They retail for about £250-£300 in the states and are next to impossible to get over here. Look for the pantac copy, or the Blackhawk LRAK which is the same thing pretty much. You could also get away with an Arktis or combatkit OD support gunner vest, or similar.

Belt kit:

All the squad use a variety of ALICE belt kit. This is really up to you- what do YOU need for your skirmish? Gear your ALICE kit to what you need to store in your gear. I’m running a butt pack with spare blanks for my BFGs, speedloaders, ammo, poncho and my heroshark mask, and two canteens with water, but if I need extra mag capacity I have a couple of Alice mag pouches for extra mags. It’s up to you. Alice gear is cheap and plentiful… talk to Terry McCann and Semper Fi on these forums as they’re very knowledgable about where to source this gear.

The first line for the squads- pistol kit- is mounted on black riggers belts on the trousers. I got a Pantac riggers belt for £20. All the Squad generally use blackhawk omega holsters in either OD or black (tons of copies of this holster out there for cheap), and have two double pistol mag pouches on their belts or webbing somewhere.

Lake also uses a 20-shell blackhawk drop leg shell pouch for his 870 ammo. They retail for £70+ so they’re not a light purchase, but that’s personal preference.

Primary Weapon:

The squad use a cross section of pretty much every weapon the US armed forces use today.

M4A1- retro stocks, Aimpoint comp M2s with Z mounts, KAC RIS systems, M203 grenade launchers, Suppressors, butt pads, carry handle scopes, D-Bal laser units, MAD Backup Iron sights

Don’t overdo your m4. These guys don’t RIS-rape, they’ve got functional platforms. Put a taclight on by all means but don’t go all OMFGBBQLAZORS on it. Nice simple M4s will look better. Dboys make a d-bal battery box (ebay search is your friend) while Star make a laser pointer called the D-lap which is visually identical.

They also use:

M249 para
              M60E4

Camouflaged M1A with M1 scope (an M14 would be fine for this if you don’t want to lock it to semi).

Side arm:

They use Mk23 socoms with suppressors but not LAMs, or non-railed Sig P226s. Your choice.

Backpack:

Numerous characters use blackhawk three day assault packs:

However these are pretty expensive, and there are cheaper imitations out there.

Miscellaneous Details.

Knives- These guys love their knives. Most have Emerson combat knives on them in a shoulder/chest sheath, some have more than one. A cold steel training knife and sheath would look badass in this loadout.

Carabeeners- most of the team have custom sling arrangements and hang their weapons off carabeeners when not in use.

Watches- The team mostly use Casio G-shock watches, a lot of them wear wristband type things. Personalise your own kit!

Dirt- get your kit/yourself muddy. Roll in the dirt, use facepaint, whatever. I look way too clean in my kit at the moment and that will soon change!

Hair- if you go for Lake, I dare you to man up and go for the ‘hawk Otherwise, short military does/ shaved heads. This isn’t the loadout for L’Oreal models ladies.

I think that’s pretty much it. I’ve enjoyed writing this loadout guide, hope people find it useful! I may do an addendum on how to modify this to a slightly more realistic greenside seals loadout when I have the cash/time, but otherwise if you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Thanks for reading.

Dave

Comment

bloody fantastic! this should be a sticky! excellent guide have book marked it :p, thanks dave

Comment

No problem

Comment

bloody hell dave well done this is a great help to anyone and everyone , round of applause i will bookmark it for a later date

Comment

Holy jesus bbq beef burger.

Want to do a metal gear solid thread now? lol

Excellent guide mate, would of loved this if i still wanted to do Waters.

...Im metal gear bumming atm and will be for a very long time so want to do metal gear loadout instead.

Comment

Not sure mate, I was thinking my next thread was going to be Black Hawk Down to be honest, not much of a MGS fan (though loved MGS and MGS 3). It's pretty easy to do films like this where they've been outfitted by one gear manufacturer (blackhawk ahoy), but games can get tricky as designers tend to mess around and make stuff up (Infinity Ward I am looking at you).

Cheers for the kind words though guys, it's been a fun way of avoiding novel writing for a couple of days!

Comment

Yeah well final words on that dont want to spam the thread, i would do MGS 3 but everyone under the sun does it, and i want modern but not spandex wearing fairy modern...tis very hard!

Comment

I know an MGS loadout you might like. I'll check some pictures online and stick up a thread when I can later.

Comment

Cant wait mate, cheers!

Anyway carry on guys.

Comment

youve tempted me to make a uksf how to thread

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spetsnazdave87 Find out more about spetsnazdave87
                                Working...
                                X