Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Celcius CTW Team Alpha

Originally posted by CK View Post
    Skirmished mine today as well, was brilliant, my friends failed, his hop is fucked, so i'll have a look at it later, after i've spoken to Marcus.
    Have you seen his hop unit yet? I'm curious on how it works putting the spin on the bb top and bottom. Meant to be awesome tho!

Hopefully have mine back during the week with the sun gear replaced and hop looked at, which may be replaced with a systema unit. As soon as Marcus' hops availible I wanna buy one of them!
    . .

Comment

have heard a few things about people having hop issues..... will be eagerly awaiting a better designed unit.

Comment

Hi guys,
        a few questions:
        1. the need to fit an etiny board, is that because the original board is pants or simply to fit a LIPO in the stock tube?
        2. There doesn't seem to be that many reports on performance. Is that because no one has had a real chance to try them out or is it a case of them not living up to expectations?
        3. If you have one of these what problems have you encountered? I'm interested in any problems big or small.
        4. The 6.00 inner barrel sounds like it's quite tight for an AEG. what ammo is proving successful and which ammo is having problems?
        4. Has anyone tried systema mags in their CTW? reading the posts in this thread has suggested a drop in FPS with different type mags and I was wondering if PTW mags would cause the FPS drop (I have a load of PTW mags and would prefer not to buy another load of CTW mags if possible)
        5. talking of the FPS drop I'm quite confused by this. The only explanation I can think of is that some mags are pushing the cylinder backwards breaking the airseal slightly. this would be because the mag feed lips aren't quite the same spec as the cylinder cutout (basically the mag and cylinder don't line up correctly when fitted to the AEG). Can anyone confirm this theory?
        6. what is the purpose of the extra O ring installed on the outside of the hop/inner barrel? Is it due to a tolerance issue inside the outer barrel or something completely different?
        7. The 2 hop up rubbers that produce the pressure for the main hop up rubber seem to be an issue on some of the CTW's by the sound of this thread. Has anyone tried fitting a small wide spring to replace the small rubbers? (I'm talking about the 2 small rubber pieces that sit inside the hop ring)
        8. and lastly can a Systema motor be fitted to the CTW without any modification?

sorry for all the questions but if I'm going to spunk 500 quid on an AEG I would like to know if I'm creating a money pit.
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

1. To fit a lipo in the stock tube, although the etiny is better, like any AEG, you can buy upgrades.
          2. Considering the 6.00mm Barrel, I would have expected better groupings, but I may have set my hop up wrong.
          3. Mine has had no problems really. My friend has had an issue with the hop unit, which i'm looking into.
          4. Excel 0.2g seem fine.
          4(a?). I haven't tried PTW mags, but Vanaras are a lot better than the Celcius ones.
          5. I think that is the theory Marcus said about the problem.
          6. Dunno, Marcus could tell you, or Madwelshman
          7. No I havent tried that,
          8. I believe so yes, they are fully compatible. Although an FCC motor would be better.

Hope I answered at least some of your questions.

Ck

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Ref point 7 (spring in lieu of hop cushions)

I think there was something mentioned in this thread a while back - i appreciate there are some 350 posts, but if i recall it is in amongst quite a picture heavy section.

If memory serves, there was a reason why NOT to do this, but i am yet to have my morning supply of caffine so please don't quote me on that.

Comment

Mighty Jebus

Posts 206 onwards get into the weeds of the tech stuff and mods, in particular read posts 218, 223 and 224.

These should answer the majority of your tech questions.

Comment

Hello,

I hope I can help with a few of your questions.

I've found the 6.00 inner barrel fine, just make sure you keep it clean. I've used all sorts of different bb's with no ill effects.
                Systema Mags fit my CTW fine, no drop in fps.
                A systma motor is a drop in fit, a tach'd mod'd one or a FCC one would be a better bet.

I completely agree with you about spending the money only to need to spend more to get it working right. I would be mad if my CTW fails on me too, I've hardly used mine so far so only time will tell, but fingers crossed, and the fact that the dealers are really standing behind the product make me believe that this is going to be a winner.

Comment

I started reading all this, unconvinced, then I became convinced, then unconvinced again, now i'm unconvinced as to whether i'm convinced or unconvinced, ...........now i'm thinking, let's see the airsoft systems one first, erm! well maybe anyway.
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

thanks for the answers guys. I think the spring in the hop ring will be a trail and error job. I just wish PTW/CTW's actually came with a consistent hop in the first place.
                    The large O ring on the outside of the hop looks to be there to push the whole hop and cylinder to the rear making the mags fit and work and give a good airseal between the hop unit and cylinder. this could be the possible problem to some mags not working. If the cutout inside the upper receiver varies in tolerance then a 1 size fits all O ring won't work on all CTW's. a slightly thinner or thicker O ring may solve the problem (if the cutout in the upper receiver varies! oh and while i'm thinking about it shims maybe better than an O ring) I don't have a CTW yet but this theory could probably be confirmed by looking at the wear on the piston teeth and the gear that protrudes from the gearbox. If there is wear on a newish CTW with mag problems then the cylinder might be sitting slightly out and causing wear when the gun fires.

I use Excel .23g BB's in my PTW's. Anyone tried them in a CTW and if so any problems?
                    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

The only ammo i have had any drama with is biodegradeable stuff.

I am sure it is fine if used straight from the bottle, but mine had been sitting about for a bit and i think it may have absorbed moisture and expanded a little.

Binned all of that, got some brand new "fudge the environment" ammo and all was well with the world once more. I have been using Excel or Blasters.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
                        I started reading all this, unconvinced, then I became convinced, then unconvinced again, now i'm unconvinced as to whether i'm convinced or unconvinced, ...........now i'm thinking, let's see the airsoft systems one first, erm! well maybe anyway.
                        Best thing to do is to find someone who has one locally, and ask him some questions, get to play with it a bit.

I have been looking for a PTW for a while now. I did a ton of reading which helped answer a lot of question, but the best thing I did was I managed to find someone locally who was kind enough to let me play a game with it. It was very nice, but at the end of the day it was just another AEG, they are not magic and you can make a normal AEG perform just as good, if not better. The feel of the PTW/CTW is better than a normal AEG, and it does feel high end.

I decided that if I was going to get a PTW it would a second hand one which was cheap, because for me it just wasn't worth £1000+ that they tend to go for. In the end I managed to find a second hand CTW for more than half that and it does feel more or less the same as the Systema. Only time will tell if my CTW holds my expectation of trouble free ownership.

Comment

FCC motors are just 07 systema motors, and cost the same as a tac'd motor minus the rewind, I've got one and it feels less torquey (I know it's not a word) the FCC hop up is poo the 2012 systema one is better (oh no systema got something right!) far more consistent and better groupings at range. The 2012 motor so far hasn't had any problems and I've been told that if bought from a proper retailer the 2012's will be getting replacement motors should they fail. Oh and my SCK 2012 cost about £1000 from a UK supplier.

Comment

Mightyjebus
                            The o ring on the OUTSIDE of the hop/barrel is only present in the Team Alpha, and takes up a few manufacturing tolerances :-) , it actually works quite well , as any ctw/ptw owner will tell you taht the cylinder/hop sleeve shimming is important to get a good gear mesh with the cylinder , the only problem comes when the o ring is left off, as the main cylinder has a fwd stop ( if the hop sleeve wasnt there it still wont slide all the way forwrd ) the hop sleeve can then move too far forward and gives a bad air seal . this also gives mag issues , some mags just seem better than others, I think its a tolerance issue with the feed tube/lips- but all mags can be tweaked to work(PTW /CTW ones !)

The hop rubbers also keep the hop pressure on, and this is the only pressure that is exerted on the bb for hop effect, same as on a systema , if they are missing or sqashed out , you will get no hop effect (this is the problem with using spring pressure)the grub screw only takes OFF hop pressure. There is nothing wrong with the hop as standard as long as the roller is glued so that you can get enough hop on .28s .

The hop can be made better and has been :-) but it doesnt hop the bb top and bottom , that would not work ;-)

Comment

anyone able to take a picture of the o ring on the outside so I can see if that's what has come off on mine
                              sigpic

Comment

Rainbow 6
                                Page 5 Post 226 bottom picture is what you need

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                                Working...
                                X